Astbury Marsden
www.astburymarsden.com London, United Kingdom 50 to 149 Employees

Astbury Marsden Reviews

Updated Apr 9, 2014

Jonathan Nicholson

Work hard and receive the benefits

Principal/Senior Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Astbury Marsden full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat location and office
Fun environment to work in
Supportive Management team
Great incentives to work towards
Everyone knows everyone, no back stabbing or bitching which is quite rare in recruitment
Increased training over 2014 based on feedback from 2013- management are listening more to the needs of current employees
Opportunity to open new teams/desks

ConsSometimes the communication is lacking, this can be improved on – definitely a working progress
If you don’t shout loud enough at times you can be missed

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to communicate better with the floor at times, be a little more transparent and clear
Make better use of the appraisal process so Consultants can see a clearer development path

Sold a dream - Horrendous place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Astbury Marsden

ProsWill take anyone on short notice

ConsTop down hierarchical structure
Not getting paid due commission
Amoral management team
Unprofessional work ethic
Unprofessional recruitment process
Unwelcoming atmosphere
Cowboy and aggressive sales culture
Terrible staff retention

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease just stop

Dynamic, mature working environment suited to the commercially minded

I have been working at Astbury Marsden full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThroughout the last 4 years with the business I have been a part of Astbury Marsden re-inventing itself and changing with an ever evolving marketplace while still maintaining key relationships within Banking and Financial Services. Previous to my time at AM I worked for a recruitment company which was very rigid in it’s approach/ targets which stifled creativity and did not encourage you to take ownership of your business. Astbury Marsden is the complete opposite. The business actively supports entrepreneurs and allows you to really make your desk your own without someone breathing down your neck regarding KPIs. The office atmosphere is lively and fun with like-minded individuals who know how to have a good time but who are ultimately focussed on making money and growing their individual desks/teams.

ConsI have been happy with the company, atmosphere and opportunities available

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Exciting times ahead

London, England (UK)

I have been working at Astbury Marsden full-time for more than 8 years

ProsHaving worked here for over 8years, Im compelled to share what a different business we are now, compared to when I joined. 2013 has been transformational. We've been invested in - a great reference for our potential! ...and this new investment has brought tangible benefits to working here - growth of teams; a refined, sharpened strategy and most of all, an evolving culture. The sales floor is a buzzing place more often than not, there is the snap and crackle of expectation, opportunity and ambition. In 6 short months, our business leaders have empowered us to make a difference, inspired us to achieve our potential and allowed us all to remember why we are here.

ConsAfter 8 years - not many to be honest. Every business has development areas and things you;d like to see done better, it's what they do about them that count.

Generally a waste of time and obstacle for my career development.

Consultant (Former Employee)

I worked at Astbury Marsden full-time

ProsHuge, spacious office - but only because of the number of empty seats.This lowers morale in what is supposed to be a highly driven, electric, sales environment.

ConsIncredible turnover rate of staff who have little reason to stay with the firm. The corporate structure is top heavy; there are too many managers and directors who pay themselves well while the business fails internationally. Not enough junior employees in the firm (most of the new joiners leave within a few months). Morale in the office is low; a definite lack of team spirit.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees when they choose to leave the firm. You might learn some valuable tips on how to rescue your business before the brand dissolves.

Excellent company

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)
London, England (UK)

I worked at Astbury Marsden full-time for more than a year

ProsInteresting, collaborative atmosphere, hardworking and enthusiastic colleagues as well and a positive working environment. A happy place in general to work.

ConsNo real negatives but my time there co-incided with an extremely busy market. I have led to believe things have changed somewhat.

Worked for Astbury Marsden? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Astbury Marsden reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Astbury Marsden CEO Jonathan Nicholson. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Astbury Marsden employees.