Astonish

Best Company Culture

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Astonish full-time (more than an year)

Pros

New management is trying to turn things around in a positive manner. CEO has set a very positive corporate culture and is genuinely interested in employees and their future.

Cons

Tough environment to overcome from previous management. They created a horrible reputation we are still trying to correct. Their sales approach was very aggressive and that upset many customers.

Don't give up. You have a great product, strong people and we're behind you.

good

I worked at Astonish as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

It is start up company, still figuring itself out. And growing slowly.

Cons

A chance to grow with the company. And it has wonderful hours.

u r good

Awful place to work unless you are desperate.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

I worked at Astonish full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people work there and the work is generally fun. I learned quite a bit and got some great experience. They are still hiring people, which is admirable I guess.

Cons

The owners are just in it for the money and if they could have been profitable, they would have sold. The lie constantly and really don't care about their employees. I preferred to be jobless over working there after a year.

Luckily most of the initial investors / owners have been pushed out. Sadly, the CEO isn't cut out for this line of work and anyone who knows him would agree. I don't know any former employees who like John Boudreau or speak highly of him. They broke the number 1 rule in management "Take care of your people". Anyone who is good has already ran for the door.

Sell the company to people who know how to run a business and go back to selling commercial property or chemistry.

Awesome company to work for

I have been working at Astonish

Pros

Excellent growth opportunities, caring competent and effective management team, great vision, all around an awesome place to work

Cons

Not a whole lot, the product has some poor reviews due to former management and sales tactics, but all of that has been dramatically improved

Keep it up!

Like volunteering

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

I have been working at Astonish full-time

Pros

Good entry level experience
    Great health care and 401k

Cons

Workload
    Balance of work
    Unreasonable deadlines
    Over promise, under deliver from management
    Lost upper management
    Uncertainty as a company with direction
    Pay is the biggest disappointment with Astonish, most are not paid rate for the job they are tasked with. Pay issues has been addressed over and over with no result or change in the least.

If you want retention please just look at current salaries of the company, and fix them. Too many people put their blood, sweat and tears in this company and struggle with pay. Don't take advantage of a weak economy to pay less. Compensate for the work that is being done by your employees.

If you aspire to live in Rhode Island for the rest of your life, this is the place for you!

I worked at Astonish full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's laid back. Easy to do.

Cons

Pays terribly. No room for promotion. The company is not doing well financially. No perks.

How come Adam DeGraide didn't take the $100 million he got in the BZ Results sale and open a company in Greater Boston? Astonish misses out on first rate talent by being in Warwick, RI. That's why companies like HubSpot own them.

Great place to gain experience and enjoy a relaxed company culture

Current Employee - Senior Digital Marketing Consultant in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Digital Marketing Consultant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Astonish full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Being one of the initial team members to kickoff a new division could be challenging at time. I had to wear many hats and play different roles where needed. Never-the-less, I wouldn't give it back b/c it allows me to stay current in this ever changing world of digital marketing. I can say I'm pretty well versed in every aspect of digital marketing; from creating mobile apps, website design modifications, logo creation, SEM, SEO etc.

The best part about working at Astonish are the personable people, management and peers. I'm sure that I will remain in contact with them all even as I move on to other career opps. Additionally, I enjoy the free culture that exists, allowing you to think outside the box. Finally, I had the chance to be apart of progressive movement and enjoying the gratification of rapid growth and change. It allowed me to grow professionally.

Cons

If I could name one con, it would be that I would have loved to have a higher compensation package.

With rapid growth its easy to get caught up in corporate role playing. As with many of the successful brands, its important to stay relevant. "Don't get lost in the sauce." Never forget to reward great work!

Great company with bright future!

Current Employee - RFM in Warwick, RI
    Current Employee - RFM in Warwick, RI

I have been working at Astonish full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Amazing training, challenging environment, great culture

Cons

Start up growing pains, difficult clients

A Creative Environment with Many Rewards

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warwick, RI

I have been working at Astonish full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Why I Came to Astonish
    I have a lot of experience in my field. I have been doing this work for over a decade. At my last job I excelled, ran a team, and made our clients very happy. However, there was something missing. I had no challenges and I wanted to be apart of a team, where I knew I wasn't the smartest person in my field. I wanted to be surrounded by talented, intelligent and driven people. I found that at Astonish. The owners at Astonish assembled an amazing team of Executives. Together the Owners and Executives were able to hire so many awesome people and today our team is big, powerful and motivated.

Work
    In the last 10 years I've worked for large fortune 500 companies, non profit organizations, and small advertising agencies. However, I have never worked at a company where I had the ability to enact so much change. I am coming up on my 1 year mark, and I know I have made a difference at Astonish, but it doesn't end there. I know I have made a difference in the Insurance Industry. I am proud of the work I have done, contributed to, and see my teammates accomplish.

Culture
    Astonish harbors an environment of creativity. We are all working together to create an amazing workplace and to develop a unique and fun culture. We recently hired a new Executive of HR and her #1 initiative is to create transparency in communication from everyone to everyone, and to create a work environment we're all proud to be apart of. In the next 6 months I expect to see some changes but they are going to make everything that is good about Astonish, great.

Cons

There is no company that is absolutely perfect. Companies are run by humans and humans make mistakes. The great thing is Astonish and everyone working there do their best to learn from those mistakes and not make them again. We are moving forward as a team.

I am so excited about the future and plan on being at Astonish for a long time.

Continue on this path of transparency. It helps to foster open communication.

Growth stage company with good opportunities & learning experience

I have been working at Astonish

Pros

I like working for Astonish and it has been a very rewarding experience for me personally. The company is going through a rapid growth phase that has created a lot of new opportunities. Astonish has a very fast paced work environment and they are also hiring aggressively in RI. In summary, Astonish has a good work environment and with many chances to prove yourself.

Cons

At Astonish, you need to manage your work life balance. It's very easy to take work home with you!

Improve the new employee on-boarding process and spend more time in upfront training.

Astonish Photos