AstraZeneca

AstraZeneca Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014

AstraZeneca Executive Director, CEO Pascal Soriot

Pascal Soriot

Pros
  • Work / Life balance is good with opportunity to move within the company(in 55 reviews)

• Great Pay and benefits are good as well(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is suffering as additional work is piled on the few that remain(in 11 reviews)

• No rep advocates amongst senior management and very few capable FLSM's(in 15 reviews)

LIFT Internship

LIFT Intern (Undergraduate) (Former Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsExtremely interesting as an internship. Great ability to meet with all areas of the business.

ConsUnlikely to be hired after internship for full time. More descriptive meetings with upper management to broaden learning

Interviewing for Sr. Level Analytics Role

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsSalary and growth opportunities are there in the short term. It is taking them too long to go through the interview process.

ConsI have other opportunities. And I am concerned about long-term success of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommit to the hiring process and cut it down to 8 - 10 weeks maximum.

Good experience with some drawbacks

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsCo-workers were like family and tremendously helpful, took time off with no questions asked, laid-back summers.

ConsSome managers may not have had the skill set necessary for their positions. This made it difficult for me to have meaningful conversations with them - especially concerning highly technical topics.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease ensure you are hiring the right people for technical positions.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not bad but may be time to move on...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsPay, flexible schedule, benefits,ok place to work

ConsConstantly restructuring/job cuts, and if you survive, the workload increases. Limited promotion opportunities for most. Terrible IT systems.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain more stability in workforce. Bring IT up to standard ASAP. Stop outsourcing key functions to save a buck.

Serious Questions About Direction

Project Manager (Current Employee) Waltham, MA

ProsGood people at the grass roots level. The pay is still very good. There will be growth opportunities at the core sites as other sites shut down.

ConsQuestionable direction from senior leaders; a high risk strategy with changes to sites. Morale is generally low even for people who have survived site closures because they know they could be next.

Typical Big Pharma

Hospital Sales (Former Employee)

Prospay ok
    ggod place to start your career

Conspoor management
    only worried about bottom line
    people very disposable
    big turnover on side of employees and management getting rid of employees
    hard to get promoted, you have to go inside to Wilmington,DE

Advice to Senior Managementtreat employees with respect]
    create a stable environment
    stop the hostile work environment

ok place to work

Prosgreat people, nice location, some work/life balance

Conslack of innovation, no professional development

long

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat benefits-medical, car, etc...don't have anymore words

Consweak pipeline! no new drugs coming

Advice to Senior Managementnone to give at this time

Once a great company

Director (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsTalent rich company - some of the smartest in the industry. Solid total compensation package and benefits. Many products were/are market leading or best in class. New senior leadership. Good opportunity for growth and promotion.

ConsLarge bureaucracy, slow decision making and significant reliance on external consultants. Poor communication to rank and file. Significant compliance and legal impact on most day-to-day activities. Numerous R&D failures. Discontent within the sales organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage innovation within compliance, legal and regulatory framework. Encourage smart, educated risk-taking (without retribution). Trust your employees to do the right thing. Get back to the understanding the customer and meeting their needs, not just trying to tell the customer what (you think) they need.

Great place to work, and hopefully, it will keep getting better

Clinical Operations (Former Employee)

ProsAZ is a great place to work because of their genuine concern for the well being of their employees and sincere commitment to finding meaningful medicines to improve patients lives. Its feels good to be a part of something like that.

ConsThere is a sense of "ready, fire, aim" leadership, that leads to continuous restructuring. Unfortunately, many employees have become desensitized to these continuous organizational changes (which rarely make it to full fruition), and it makes it less impactful.

Advice to Senior ManagementLISTEN to the voices of the "boots on the ground" people. What they BELIEVE will happen as a result of a reorganization will become a self-fulfilling prophesy. If they are downtrodden, it will be hard to obtain positive results.

Worked for AstraZeneca? Contribute to the Community!