AstraZeneca

AstraZeneca Reviews in United Kingdom

Updated Jul 15, 2014

AstraZeneca Executive Director, CEO Pascal Soriot

Pascal Soriot

Pros
  • Work / Life balance is good with opportunity to move within the company(in 55 reviews)

• Great Pay and benefits are good as well(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is suffering as additional work is piled on the few that remain(in 11 reviews)

• No rep advocates amongst senior management and very few capable FLSM's(in 15 reviews)

47 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It was the most amazing work experience i have ever had in my total career

IT Consultant (Former Employee) Luton, East of England, England (UK)

ProsThey are very supportive caring and fun company to work for, always make public holidays fun and the product launches are well informed .

ConsI was in a department that got oursourced to a third party

Warm, good humoured place to work.

Process Leader (Current Employee) Macclesfield, England (UK)

ProsThe People: Friendly welcoming warm. Very knowlegeable in their field. Good wages. Good working conditions, generous holidays.

ConsSlightly out of date processes. Averse to change and risk. Reluctance to investigate new ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe brave. Explore new options.Shake things up a bit.

Best company I ever worked for

Animal Technician (Former Employee) Alderley, England (UK)

ProsI feel I was very lucky to have had the opportunity to have worked for AstraZeneca. They were always compassionate about family life and assisted with family problems. They provided me with a fare income which gave me a good standard of living. There was some mixed feeling at some points with the politics of the company but overall, I couldn't have spent the majority of my working life with a better company.

ConsMy manager always pushed me to the limits of my ability. I was rewarded as such and I new I could not have done more.
    Alderley Park is a beautiful park. with lovely surroundings. The company provided Books with nature trails, which we could take our family on at weekend. This was just one of the small benefits which they provided. They seemed to have a good interview techniques as most of the employees were nice people and mostly remained for their working life. This provided a great community spirit.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think with the business pressures . We seemed to have lost the family community spirit which we had. People were happier to give all the could and enjoy their work before performance bonuses were introduced. I remember going to work 8 - 4. But I would probably be there an hour early simply because I wanted to see my colleagues and get on with the work which I Enjoyed.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Exciting new products, superb benefits and a can do attitude

Account Therapy Specialist (Current Employee) Swansea, Wales (UK)

ProsThe added fund for home/ life benefits

ConsRed tape can get in the way of day to day business

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain current focus on the patient

A sandwich year placement in AZ.

Placement Student (Former Employee) Alderley Park, England (UK)

ProsExcellent support from everyone. Amazing facilities.

ConsConcerns regarding to site relocation.

Best job I've had

Project Manager (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGreat culture. Supportive but laid back management. Interesting challenging projects to work on. Flexible working hours. I was a contractor and the pay was very good.

ConsNothing comes to mind. No issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

working in research

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood pay and benefits nice people interesting work good flexibility with hours and flexitime and great people to work with

Conshard work too much box ticking and form filling sourcing consumeables and so on can be a nightmare as they use a purchasing system that sucks and you spend way too much time sorting out why an invoice hasn;t been paid

To date I have always been treated and rewarded very postively and fairly at AstraZeneca.

Human Resources (Current Employee) Alderley, England (UK)

ProsGood facilities, benefits and great people. Opportunities to work truly globally and positive work life balance.

ConsDepending on function, there can be limited career progression opportunities, however if you work hard, and drive your personal career development, you are typically rewarded.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally think through change strategies before initiating. Give organisational changes a chance to embed before re-thinking and changing structures/ strategies. Engage with employees in advance on proposed organisational designs.

Positive if you work hard and don't think things fall in your lap !

ProsPassionate people who care about healthcare. New direction to drive better medicines through innovations. Bringing in a lot of new people and new skills.

ConsMatrix organisation, and lots of change. Lots of TLAs (three letter acronyms). Obviously the patent cliff is coming but they have an external focus now.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe bold !

Great company to work for

IT Service Manager (Current Employee) Macclesfield, England (UK)

ProsGreat and flexible working conditions
    Good flexible benefits package
    Reasonable salaries compared to market data
    Caring towards employee well-being

ConsBig company politics can be a real pain
    Promotions are difficult to come by
    No real investment any more in people development/training
    Slow decision making process / poor leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to take decisions
    Move more quickly - things take too long to happen in AZ and not keeping pace with business in the outside world

Worked for AstraZeneca? Contribute to the Community!