Astreya Partners Reviews

Updated March 20, 2015
79 reviews filtered by
3.4
Jeff Freeland

Pros
  • Connected to some big name companies in the valley (in 5 reviews)

• Opportunity to work within some of the largest and most influential technology-driven companies in the Bay Area (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No room for promotions or pay raises (in 3 reviews)

• Management fails to be understanding about worker needs and feelings and does little to reward extra efforts (in 2 reviews)

Exit Observations

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Astreya Partners

Pros

Good compensation, above average benefits to include health, vision, dental, paid vacation and holidays. Great team to work with, very responsive, professional, engaging. Astreya also has a lot of opportunity for training via online programs

Cons

HR familiarity with remote workers, the fact that they were remote, and during on boarding could not quickly answer questions related to state tax liability for non California workers

During the on-boarding process and a couple of times during my tenure there was a bit of confusion as to my location. The company assignment was based in San Jose, I was 100% work from home in Omaha. Maybe look at a way to flag that better within HR so there is not as much confusion.The other thing was during on-boarding HR told me I'd be paying California taxes, which I knew not to be true, but it also came up on the onboarding call with a team member based in Florida. HR needs this information readily available.

Astreya Partners Response

Mar 12, 2015VP Strategy

Thank you for your review. You have raised some great points and we will definitely look at our on-boarding process and locations information based on your feedback.

Kevin O'Donnell
    ... More

You get out what you put in!

I have been working at Astreya Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-lots of smart people
    -global organization (you can move around the country and globe, in some cases)
    -awesome clients...as in the best in tech

Cons

-lack of 401k match

-still haven't weeded out the bad apples. I've read some of the reviews on here, and frankly some don't make sense at all and sound like sour grapes. Astreya needs to vet out the bad eggs. People that don't want to develop their careers or work on improving their skills, somehow, should be eliminated. Their is too much goodness going on and too many great people to have a few bad apples spoiling the bunch.

-better defined career path. I am a self-starter so for me I don't leverage my company as much, but a lot of people do.

-create a more transparent way of communicating with your field employees

-better benefits

-401k matching

Best job yet

Current Employee - Inventory Coordinator in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Inventory Coordinator in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Astreya Partners full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The friendliest team I have EVER worked with. Very patient and welcoming.
    Everyone works together really well.

Cons

none that I have come across

Keep up the good job

Astreya: one of the best in the world of vendors

I have been working at Astreya Partners

Pros

Astreya offers benefits, which is not the case of many vendors. You get to work at the best clients' sites in great environment. They have long term open ended positions and they try to keep you as much as they can. They try their best to make you a happy employee. They are responsive if you raise questions. You are always paid on time with no issue. It’s a growing company.

Cons

Astreya is sometimes compelled to follow the Clients' directives, even in terms of employment. Their leverage can be limited. Some onsite managers would push back with the clients, some wouldn't. I think they try their best to use their leverage, but it's still a vendor/client relationship.

Diverse your client base. DIVERSE your client base, I cannot say it enough. It's a huge business risk to have one major client and you need to have more clients in order to stay independent in your business decisions. Hire the people that can do that for you.

6. Challenging environment

Current Employee - Human Resources in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Astreya Partners full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have been with Astreya for over a year. It is a very demanding, challenging but cool environment to work at. I can work independently and have quick access to management if required. Although there is still a "client driven" atmosphere, the company is slowly coming up with it's own identity.

Cons

There have been some changes in the Management staff and the regular staff, however these changes were not communicated thus creating a high level of uncertainty. Still a small a company and the lack of streamlined processes is evident quite often.

Recognize and acknowledge your employees for their value and contributions. A happy worker will go above and beyond his/her responsabilities. Try to pay closer attention to the "victories" and make sure the staff is aware that management is paying attention.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Corporate Office in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Office in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Astreya Partners full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-a lot of smart and talented people
    - great management
    - growth opportunities

Cons

To broaden the professional areas where the services are offered for faster services

Excellent people and opportunity.

Former Employee - Lab Administrator in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Lab Administrator in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Astreya Partners full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Job description, benefits and outlook as advertised. Excellent way to work with other contractors and employees at a big company. Excellent managers and HR that support you. Positive attitudes.

Cons

There is somewhat of a ceiling effect in promotion.

Offer a 401k match. This will help retain employees who think in the long term

I've had opportunities for professional growth and have worked at a very well known client site.

Current Employee - TPM in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - TPM in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Astreya Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Contractors can receive benefits, which isn't common.
    Roles are generally long-term so you can have a sense of stability
    There are opportunities for upward and lateral mobility
    Although I'm an employee of a small company, I work for them at a very large, well known IT company
    I've seen increased management in the last year or so, which has provided me better visibility into the company and a voice for change when needed

Cons

Company communication could be better, changes seem to happen without notification
    Healthcare benefits are fine for single employees, but expensive if covering a family

Astreya Partners Response

Feb 23, 2015VP Strategy

Thanks for your feedback. As a small company we try to move fast - and sometimes communication could be better. We will definitely work on this.

Sense of Community!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Astreya Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Astreya has good benefits (PTO, Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, and Vision) and paid meals. The culture at Astreya is good, everyone in each group knows about each other personally other than just on a professional level. They throw awesome holiday parties!

Cons

When teams get restructured it can become frustrating.

To hire managers who will be long term leaders that will execute the company vision.

Great company that has a ton of potential and great presence in the Valley

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Astreya Partners full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They represent the new face of IT Services in Silicon Valley and one must keep in mind they are providing services and staff augmentation with some of the big names and when compared to similar companies, the are genuinely trying to do more by offering benefits that are acceptable, not great, but again most companies of this type offer little or no benefits. I have enjoyed my experience with Astreya and anyone considering challenging work should take a closer look and even talk with current employees.

Cons

Growing company, with typical growing pains of other companies, their work portfolio is growing, benefits again are typical, but they are at least looking out how to improve the employee experience. One must keep in mind that the jobs, daily experience are dictated by the client(s) and pay is is a function of what the client(s) are willing to pay. One should always weigh their options and make sure they understand the role.