Asure Software

Has so much potential

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Asure Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company is on the rise and has great clients. Strong products.

Cons

Some of the management team has left recently that has left huge holes. Good to see people get promoted but not sure if they can fill the gaps.

make sure all departments understand the product roadmap

Untrustworthy management

I worked at Asure Software

Pros

One good perk is the PTO was generous to start with (they make you feel guilty if you actually use it)

Cons

Nobody feels stable/secure working here. The executive team is very untrustworthy. They make sudden swift changes and let people go constantly. I've also seen lots of good people quit. The product isn't very good and I feel there isn't enough being invested to develop it. The moral is poor and the customer feedback isn't too great either.

Focus on the moral issues and put more money into development.

What a mess!

Former Employee - NASE  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - NASE in Austin, TX

I worked at Asure Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leaving and realizing that this place is even worse then I thought.

Cons

It would take too long to list them all. I think the company response below sums up the attitude. Everybody that works at the company is an adult so unfortunately Soda and Taco Tuesdays will not pay my mortgage or compensate for the fact the comp plans is a disgrace.

Stop patting each other on the back thinking you have done a good job, wake up and look around.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Double standards

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Asure Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have to submit 5 words but allI want to say is none

Cons

Where to start? Nepotism is rife and the Execs can do what they like but frown on any of the employees doing the same.

There are more sales reps than developers, which for a software company makes no sense.

If you want to have fun at work don't look here! The double standards will drive you insane.

Apparently the snacks are good enough to keep you happy, but I can buy chips and soda myself.

Develop the products!!

It's almost too hard to put into words...

I have been working at Asure Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Most of the people that work at Asure are good people and there is potential to build a decent company, but they can't seem to get out of their own way.

If you are interviewing with Asure, here are few things to ask:
    - What is the retention rate for employees? Why are people leaving?
    - What is something Asure has done lately to show it appreciates the employees?
    - How is Asure investing in the success of the business? Specifically!
    - What makes Asure and Asure products different or better than competitors (hint: make sure you do your research on this)

Cons

Every company has it's fair share of problems: nepotism, back-stabbing teammates, horrible work-life balance, unethical business practices, poor company values, overbearing leadership, broken products, unjust promotions, investing resources in the wrong places, "infallible" leadership, hubris, and more. It is very unlikely for a company to have more than just one or two of those negative attributes, but Asure Software is a rare breed of company that has ALL of those things.

A few examples:
    - Rewarding the most unaccountable people that neglect simple protocol, processes and ethical standards simply because they are related to or are buddies with people in power.
    - Lying to candidates to get them to come on board and creating fake reviews on this site.
    - Building products on antiquated technology and branding it "best of breed", then not investing anything to fix it.
    - Teammates stealing opportunities from one another while "management" sits on the sidelines.
    - 15% or more of the company has left or been fired since the beginning of the year including the CFO and several others in leadership.
    - Leadership is completely infallible and any sort of push-back results in swift negative action against the "perpetrator". We have lost several good people simply because they dared to question what was happening.
    - The culture is extremely negative because of people being fired and/or leaving on their own. To that point, when someone leaves, no one says anything... it's just swept under the rug.
    - Keeping people on board that should probably be let go while booting that actually try or letting them walk out the door.
    - Making compensation plans and revenue goals out of the realm of possibility.

I could keep going... and going... and going... but I don't want to overwhelm you.

The point is, everyone with half a brain is looking for a new job.

Come to the realization that you are still small time, both personally and professionally. The company has potential to be successful, but you are all getting too big for your britches and you have a LONG way to go before you've actually made something. Please remember that this company exists solely due to countless lawsuits in the 90s and the acquisitions of other companies - little to no success has been due to the current leadership. To be honest, I've never seen such hubris from a leadership team in all my life.

Cut out the nepotism, stop punishing the people that actually care and try to improve the situation, quit lying to employees and candidates, and admit that you don't have all the answers.

What. A. Joke.

I have been working at Asure Software full-time

Pros

The best part about working at Asure is the employees. Generally speaking it's a really tight knit group of people, but the group keeps getting smaller every week.

Cons

I chose to work at Asure Software because of the positive Glassdoor reviews I read. It wasn't until a couple months in that I realized how much of a joke it is and that those positive reviews are FAKE. I want to save other people from making the same mistake I did!

Due to the vast number of cons, I am going to only detail the prompts at the top of this comment box.

Time-off policies: Get ready for the leadership team and most other employees to give you a hard time for ever taking ANY time off. Of course you could be one of the privileged few that can take off work nearly every Friday or work from home at will. If you get hired here you will NOT be the latter - that ship has sailed. The running joke is the phrase "100% COMPLIANCE!!" touted by the leadership team. It's a joke because not a single one of them is compliant with their own policies. Work half the week and then take off early for a ride on the little motor boat? Sure!!

Personal growth: This would be hilarious if it were not so tragic. There is NO personal growth here outside of the lessons you learn after you leave. My personal growth was learning how NOT to treat employees and how NOT to run a company.

Perks: Um... what perks?

The compensation plan is abysmal. There is so much nepotism it'll make your head spin. 20% or more of the staff has been fired or quit in the last 6 months. Anyone with even half a brain cell has left or is in the process of leaving. I can't make this stuff up...

I'd like to pose a question to the management team: Why do you think so many people have been leaving?

Asure Software Response

Jul 22, 2014Human Resources

Um....what perks?
     1. Fully stocked kitchen with soda, water, juice, coffee & tea. Snacks....chips, protein bars, fresh fruit, nuts......i could go on and on.
    2. Monthly happy hours with food
    ... More

A comedy of errors, but nepotism is alive and well.

Current Employee - Sales  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at Asure Software full-time

Pros

Decently stocked break room. While that's not really a huge perk to most, some might find it to be a plus.

Seems to be pretty easy to get hired on, so if you need a job......

Cons

Base pay is under market standards.

The comp plan is a joke. The person who wrote that the comp plan for inside sales is "fantastic" is either a manager trying to woo recruits or someone who has never had a real sales job before. DO NOT fall for the smoke and mirrors.

Insurance is not 100% subsidized.

No room for personal growth, although they will tell you otherwise.

Not a very friendly group of people. There are some exceptions, but overall the office tone is cold and boring.

Don't let finance call the shots for your sales department, and quit hiring using the "buddy system." A lot of good people have been lost and will continue to go, yet unqualified people get promoted, re-purposed, or given numerous months of no sales with no problem because of who they're in good with.

Good sales role with lots of opportunity!

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Asure Software full-time

Pros

From a sales perspective management gives you all kinds of flexibility to get a deal done. There is also a significant number of quality marketing generated leads provided to you. Sales leadership is top notch, thoughtful, helpful, and rewards hard work. Comp plan for an inside sales role is also fantastic!

Cons

There is very little technical sales support. Reps must conduct their own web demos. Success requires closing a large number of monthly transactions (due to smaller average deal sizes) which some may not be accustomed to.

Fast growing evolving company

I have been working at Asure Software

Pros

Great culture, products, people and potential. Very smart people that are driving the business model To the cloud.

Cons

Aligning everyone can be tough, still some integration among departments needed.

Communicate, communicate

Disappointed

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Asure Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

I like my co-workers. Everything we've done as a group so far has been fun. Drinks and snacks are provided even though I'm pretty sure its coming out of my pay.

Cons

There doesn't seem to be any room for professional growth or advancement. Even if there were, these guys seem shady.
    The comp plan is bad and we don't even get paid on services the same month we sell them. We have to wait until the client pays us then we get paid. Who does that?

You probably shouldn't announce to the whole company they aren't going to get hardly any bonus or try to roll out the worst comp plan I've ever seen the same day its announced that your salary doubled.

Worked for Asure Software? Contribute to the Community!