Asure Software

Asure Software Reviews

Updated Jun 1, 2014

Asure Software Chief Executive Officer Pat Goepel

Pat Goepel

Good sales role with lots of opportunity!

Account Manager (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsFrom a sales perspective management gives you all kinds of flexibility to get a deal done. There is also a significant number of quality marketing generated leads provided to you. Sales leadership is top notch, thoughtful, helpful, and rewards hard work. Comp plan for an inside sales role is also fantastic!

ConsThere is very little technical sales support. Reps must conduct their own web demos. Success requires closing a large number of monthly transactions (due to smaller average deal sizes) which some may not be accustomed to.

A comedy of errors, but nepotism is alive and well.

Sales (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsDecently stocked break room. While that's not really a huge perk to most, some might find it to be a plus.

Seems to be pretty easy to get hired on, so if you need a job......

ConsBase pay is under market standards.

The comp plan is a joke. The person who wrote that the comp plan for inside sales is "fantastic" is either a manager trying to woo recruits or someone who has never had a real sales job before. DO NOT fall for the smoke and mirrors.

Insurance is not 100% subsidized.

No room for personal growth, although they will tell you otherwise.

Not a very friendly group of people. There are some exceptions, but overall the office tone is cold and boring.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let finance call the shots for your sales department, and quit hiring using the "buddy system." A lot of good people have been lost and will continue to go, yet unqualified people get promoted, re-purposed, or given numerous months of no sales with no problem because of who they're in good with.

Has so much potential

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsCompany is on the rise and has great clients. Strong products.

ConsSome of the management team has left recently that has left huge holes. Good to see people get promoted but not sure if they can fill the gaps.

Advice to Senior Managementmake sure all departments understand the product roadmap

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast growing evolving company

ProsGreat culture, products, people and potential. Very smart people that are driving the business model To the cloud.

ConsAligning everyone can be tough, still some integration among departments needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate, communicate

Disappointed

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsI like my co-workers. Everything we've done as a group so far has been fun. Drinks and snacks are provided even though I'm pretty sure its coming out of my pay.

ConsThere doesn't seem to be any room for professional growth or advancement. Even if there were, these guys seem shady.
    The comp plan is bad and we don't even get paid on services the same month we sell them. We have to wait until the client pays us then we get paid. Who does that?

Advice to Senior ManagementYou probably shouldn't announce to the whole company they aren't going to get hardly any bonus or try to roll out the worst comp plan I've ever seen the same day its announced that your salary doubled.

The company has been growing rapidly over the last year

Client Success Manager (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsFlexible work life balance with very little micro managing

ConsSometimes communication is not always clearly made from top down

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication

Potential is there but needs some work at the top

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe products are quite good (when they're working) and the teams that manage them are intelligent. The benefits tend to be better than most and there is some option for workplace flexibility.

ConsThe company has a cultural problem due to the growth model through acquisition. It's a small company with a big company attitude which has created silos among the company, making it difficult to collaborate. The internal systems can be a mess mainly due to the merging of disparate applications, creating challenges when trying to perform daily tasks.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some time for some self-evaluation of the business. If you're culture and systems aren't in order, employees - and customers - will suffer.

This company is on the rise

ProsCompany is growing, really improved their products, trying to be a leading SaaS company.

ConsBenefits are good but not great.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on listening to everyone's advice

Wonderful, growing company to work for.

ProsI enjoy the typical laid back , relaxed Austin atmosphere here at Asure. It's nice that management isn't looking over my shoulder, as long as you get the job done, that's all that matters. I also really enjoy my co-workers. I feel as though we all really try to work as a team and have each other's backs. I've met some really great people during my tenure at Asure. Love the location. I appreciate the fact that Executives are easily reached and open to conversations good or bad. The capability to balance work and life working for Asure is easily the best I've ever experienced. Lots of fun Company events and happy hours. Lots of free snacks, sodas and catered meals, I feel management really strives to do small things that make employees happy. Great benefits.

ConsWhen issues do arise, I feel that sometimes they are sugar coated or twisted by certain members of management so that they don't seem quite as bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to leverage your employees, they are the ones in the trenches and can provide a close insight in to our clients and business processes; Insight in to things that upper Management may not have the opportunity to see.

Great and Growing Company

ProsThe outlook for Asure software is dramatically changed in the last few years.
    This year, 2013, they are growing by 20% and making money.
    The focus is not squarely on time and attendence, and real estate management with clear product lines for each

ConsStill working through some old debt, and consolidating acquisitions. But both processes are moving in the right direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue on current path, with maybe some more strategic acquisitions or partnerships brought in to bolster the current product lines. Do not allow the focus of the company to become diluted in other HR areas.

Worked for Asure Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Asure Software reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Asure Software CEO Pat Goepel. All 19 reviews posted anonymously by Asure Software employees.