Asurion Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.6
Kevin Taweel

Pros
  • I will not leave the company nor change it for no reason did I mention I can work from home (in 29 reviews)

• Great pay , work life balance is good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no such thing as work life balance (in 26 reviews)

• No work life balance - bu t they don't pretend to have any either, so at least they are transparent (in 13 reviews)

Supervisor

Current Employee - Supervisor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Asurion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, most of the supervisor staff care and are nice, cool marketplace type break room, cleaning staff keep the place neat and tidy.

Cons

Terrible corporate culture, Sr. Leadership doesn't care and caters to the bad employees who misbehave terribly and a lot of them don't even show up to work. But nobody is held accoutable so all of these things are largely acceptable.

Advice to Management

Get it together, none of your employees are happy. You keep terrible people in the name of attrition and it kills the morale of the entire business.

Customer Service Rep

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Asurion

Pros

If you perform well, there is opportunity for advancement

Cons

Typical call center environment with low pay, and horrible schedules

3. Very good company to work for

I worked at Asurion

Pros

the company has great benefits

Cons

Terribly the company has a High turn over rate

Customer service rep

Current Employee - Inbound Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Inbound Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Asurion

Pros

Flexible time off.... close to my home

Cons

Low pay ...multiple lines of business for same pay... shady bonus system... not a team environment

Advice to Management

treat the employees the way u would want to b treated

6. No one cares

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Asurion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved the actual work on the DirecTV side of things helping customers and the pay was pretty good with the bonuses.

Cons

The managers are awful, no one seems to have any real contact with one another, they don't care about actually helping their customer's or their employees. All they care about is meeting metrics and nothing more, can't reach handle time? Just tell customer's to get off the phone by sending unnecessary truck rolls and screw up your bonus. I was literally told to get with that kind of program or leave by my "manager".

Advice to Management

Rework the whole system if you want anyone to respect what you're doing.

Customer service rep

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Asurion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

School accommodation, good location, health screenings

Cons

Childish managers, rules are always changing at the last minute

Advice to Management

Quit

8. Great Company to Work For

Former Employee - Care Solutions Team in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Care Solutions Team in Houston, TX

I worked at Asurion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Available, consistnet overtime for most lines of business, benefits package is awesome. Most agents can choose to go home after 3 months of meeting certain metrics. Its a great job that allows for growth and promotes to most all higher phone positions from within. Pay raises are quite decent, especially when moving to another department Monthly bonuses based on performance are great!

Cons

Schedule changes every 6 months and your ranking to choose is based on metrics. Dependent on how your scores, you may have a very undesirable shift. Not many cons unless you don't do your job.

Constantly learning new lines of business but no pay increase for new knowledge/duties that are expected to be performed

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Asurion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best reasons to work at Asurion is that you become very familiar with the people in your office and you get full benefits. Making friends at work is always a plus if you are not from Texas as I am not. I look forward to sharing and receiving advise from my co-workers about how to improve in certain areas. The team that you are on begins to feel like a family. Therefore, this helps you to have the support you need to do your job to the best of your ability. The benefits are great. You have full coverage of dental and health insurance and the pick of how much life insurance that will be suitable for you.

Cons

The challenges of working for Asurion is that there is no vacation time/ sick leave time. What is available is PTO (Paid Time Off) which is based on the number of accumulated hours that you have worked over a period of time. Also, there is VTO (Voluntary Time Off) which means if there is acceptable staffing levels which permit you to leave early you can, but with no pay. Within this company you may start off with one line of business. However, at some point in time you will be given a very short notice that you will be learning a new line of business and be expected to perform at high levels. This is frustrating due to the fact that once you get the hang of one line of business and all of its ins and outs, you must make sure that you are providing accurate information to the other lines of businesses with the hopes of not getting confused on the information that you need to provide. Also, you have goals that need to be met (AHT: Average Handle Time, NPS: Net Promoter Score and GRE: Quality Scores). This employer expects you to be fast, promote their survey and to make sure you are hitting important points on each call. This must be done in able to obtain a bonus. However, the goals have a particular metric that you need to meet and or be above or below in order to get your bonus. The metrics's change often. Needless to say, you can barely reach your goal.

Advice to Management

Last, the supervisors and upper management seem to not be on the same page as the employees, customers and the lines of business that they (The company) work close with. The employees mostly have great ideas and would like for things to run a lot smoother while working with our customers. The lines of business have representatives that seem to give incorrect/ little to no information to the customers which causes a blame game. The supervisors and upper management are overly concerned with goals and metrics and seem to care less on how we can work together as a site to communicate with all parties that we partner with, to see what needs to be done to effectively cater to not only the customers needs but also the needs of the employees etc ( having site conferences on what works and what doesn't with each line of business).

Asurion Response

Nov 14, 2014 – Asurion Glassdoor Team

Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear you enjoy your team and find our benefits valuable. We encourage you to discuss your concerns about time off and performance goals with your ... More

I love asurion but they are not very flexible especially for people with families

Current Employee - Escalations Specialist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Escalations Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Asurion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love interacting with the customers and all of my co-workers. They are always doing something fun on-site to keep employees involved and morale up. Even at home they email out games and team building exercises to keep morale up. Training was simple may need a bit more but it is a call center and things are ever changing so I kind of understand it is hard to teach everything in training...Besides you learn a lot more once you hit the phones. You get PTO and VTO depending on call volumes however VTO is not forces like some companies. Business casual/ casual dress. Some supervisors have their favorites and some should not be supervisors but you do have those supervisors that are awesome at their job

Cons

Trying to get a schedule change to accommodate things that go on in your life is like pulling teeth. Especially if you have a family that is not really taken into consideration but hey I guess its all based on business needs.

Advice to Management

Be a little more flexible with schedule changes and keep up the good work with boosting morale.

Asurion Response

Sep 26, 2014 – Asurion Glassdoor Team

Thank you for your response. We love to hear that you are so happy with your position and enjoying different activities with your team. We encourage you to continue working with your leaders to ... More

11. Rethink Houston site Leadership

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Houston, TX

I worked at Asurion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My paycheck was always on time they have some great employees, but lack of true leadership--- Bad management make good employees do bad

Cons

lack of knowledge on senior leadership team coaching and development of operations supervisor are little to none glass ceiling, all the operations managers are more concerned with praising one another with no acknowledgement of the operations supervisors or their teams a multitude of inexperienced operations supervisors, only promoted because of personal relationships, not on value added or experience level (just because you are a good agent, doesn't mean you are a good supervisor

Advice to Management

Reevaluate senior leadership on Houston site

RSS Feed </> Embed