Asurion Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Kevin Taweel

Pros
  • I will not leave the company nor change it for no reason did I mention I can work from home (in 29 reviews)

• Great pay , work life balance is good (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no such thing as work life balance (in 26 reviews)

• No work life balance - bu t they don't pretend to have any either, so at least they are transparent (in 13 reviews)

1. Great Company to work for!!

I have been working at Asurion

Pros

Plenty of oppurtunities for personal growth. Team members and management are very helpful and encouraging. They feed you lol i love it here! also great benefits

Cons

Sometimes the customers can be harsh but other than that nothing.

2. Tech Geeks Dream Come True

Current Employee - Premium Support Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Premium Support Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Asurion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Proof positive company with amazing leadership. If you love tech, you will talk tech, be the expert. Anyone who loves technology will fit in perfect. Colleagues are awesome resources and everyday you can learn something new. The tools available are spot on. (Content Writers always appreciate updates) No technical need goes unresolved. This position gives you the ability to engage, share expertise and make a difference. Customers appreciate our services and know they matter. Training is ongoing and our Innovation Lab keeps us always up to date with the latest and greatest.

Cons

With continued change comes business needs. One has to learn how to not sweat the small stuff and avoid the negative. Fellow colleagues have shied away from the values that were so diligently instilled in us, significantly leading to degradaton of morale within our group. The lack of integrity and accountability for individual's actions has led to the downfall of our team. Job security is gone and after Phase I, the possibility of moving back into operations frontline is real. Those of us who do not play the system are not recognized.

Advice to Management

During the mid-year update, it would be beneficial to stress the core values Asurion stands for. For the sake of individuals who truly want to be here as a career - round tables would allow the humble, diligent, hardworking employees a voice. Go with you gut feeling. If you see an asset allow them to grow because we have integrity.

3. Great Company

Current Employee - CCR
    Current Employee - CCR

I have been working at Asurion full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company provides you with all the perks of working from home. The pay is decent. You get benefits and training is very informative.

Cons

The only downside of working with this company is working from home. Although that is extremely beneficially you miss out on regular day to day home interactions. That you'd get from a normal job.

Advice to Management

I have no advice to offer management. Every policy and procedure is put in place for a reason. Once you begin working more understanding is gained.

Good fast paced environment

I have been working at Asurion full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very smart people in IT, fast paced work. Lots of opportunity to grow both as a lead in your feild or into the Management route.

Cons

Sometimes the fast pace means mistakes are made and have to be fixed on the fly. Time is rarely taken to make permanent fixes, just band-aids.

Advice to Management

Spend less time worrying about getting the latest and greatest software. Get what we currently have now working before introducing new product.

6. Infrastructure Engineer

Current Employee - Infrastructure Engineer II in Antioch, TN
    Current Employee - Infrastructure Engineer II in Antioch, TN

I have been working at Asurion full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company offers exceptional benefits and competitive salary. Company's open PTO policy allows my team to be very flexible with work life balance. Work environment fosters innovation but also tries to maintain stability.

Cons

Slow to change but quick to reorganize. Not very well organized in a lot of places both technically and organizationally.

7. Love it!

Current Employee - PPP Tech Representative in Altoona, PA
    Current Employee - PPP Tech Representative in Altoona, PA

I have been working at Asurion full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A lot of time in-between calls. The job itself is great! I basically get to talk to people about technology all day, help them out with their stuff, and if they need service it's no questions asked as long as it is covered and the customer is okay with the small deductible. Overall, I'd recommend this job to anyone!

Cons

You have to pitch plan upgrades, which for some is a challenge, but it is rewarding. Attendance is pretty strict too. The management likes you to have at least ten upgrades a month. With an average 250 calls a month, with not every customer being eligible, some people find ten impossible. I personally think it is easy, I at least score double that. There's an incentive for them too! Time-off can often be a challenge, and good luck getting a shift change.

Advice to Management

The only advice I can really offer is to stop pressuring callback goals, be a little more relaxed about attendance, open more time-off, stop pressuring upgrades, and understand that not EVERY technical call should require a script because some things are just common sense.

Great company

Former Employee - Director of Information Technology in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Director of Information Technology in Nashville, TN

I worked at Asurion (More than a year)

Pros

The company and the people were great until they started outsourcing everything to Synechron.

Cons

Constantly reorganizing creates a lack of cohesion and kills the great place to work. I was there 1.5 years and I had to layoff many people and had my department eliminated twice

Advice to Management

Stop the constant changing and focus on singular direction, the constant reorganizations reduce employee morale, driving the best people in the business to leave to other opportunities, driving down the overall quality of the talent pool. If you are going to reorganize do it once and be done, the constant oscillating as you combine Sterling and Nashville is really poor management.. The great place to work you once had is being destroyed by your indecision and lack of direction

Not bad

Current Employee - Senior Manager - IT in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Manager - IT in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Asurion (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people, flexible schedule and good pay. Ability to move up and good training opportunities within IT. Outside IT is unknown.

Cons

No clear direction from management. HR is a hot mess. No co-located teams and too much work is sent to India.

Advice to Management

Make a decision

Nice company could be great

I have been working at Asurion full-time

Pros

Great benefits, unlimited time off (hard benefit to enjoy ), flexible

Cons

Hard to break into the "it" club

Advice to Management

There are a lot of great employees with lots of experience that need to be utilized.

11. Director

Former Employee - Director in Sterling, VA
    Former Employee - Director in Sterling, VA

I worked at Asurion (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fast paced and high growth environment.

Cons

Limited opportunity for employees of acquired company.

RSS Feed </> Embed