Asurion

Updated March 3, 2015
Updated March 3, 2015
3.1

Kevin Taweel

Pros
  • I will not leave the company nor change it for no reason did I mention I can work from home (in 29 reviews)

• Pretty good work-life balance, but you have to manage this yourself (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance, external training opportunities or ability to go to conferences (in 26 reviews)

• No work-life balance, no schedule flexibility, very rigid attendance policy (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Employee in IT - love hate relationsip

Current Employee - Analyst III in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Analyst III in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Asurion

Pros

Your view depends on your department, position, manager, client or application that you work with and your attitude. Customer service reps have, by far the hardest job (and I'm not and never have been one). They have to deal with people who have damaged or missing phones. Who of us doesn't have their life in their phone? People are scared and mad and the CSRs do an exceptionally difficult job and from the sound of it get very little back from management or the company. Our security personnel are great, very friendly. Always say good morning or good nite - not drones.

I'm in IT which depending on what you do and who you work for can be good or bad. I've been on both sides. I've held several positions all were good. The difference is management. Good managers want to lead people bad managers view management as a step on the ladder and the employee suffers. People are great, you don't form really deep or lasting relationships because of the pace. We have shared cubes which sucks and makes it difficult to get work done. You will work late in the office or at home it is how all IT shops work.

I would recommend the company to people who want to work in a fast (on steroids fast) pace environment and who thrive in a changing environment, young people thrive in this environment. If you want a 9 to 5 and a steady pace you hate it.

Vacation is up to your manager. If you have a good manager, you are granted a fair amount of vacation. Working from home is a huge bonus. Everyone gets a lap top and anyone working with offshore locations get company supplied smart phones. Benefits are outstanding, Medical, dental, vision, 401K with matching, life insurance, etc...

Cons

Everyone has a complaint about their job regardless of their job. In this company, everything is about the dollar. The greed of the shareholders and executives is sickening. Cutting 178 jobs to increase the bottom line, when the bottom appears to be healthy shows lack of personal integrity and lack of character and is disgusting. Get rid of the idiot who spend millions on a project when there was no contract. That guy didn't do his homework and cost the company millions. He is a tyrant and should be on the street. 178 people are looking for employment and he isn't one of them.

The customer is NOT always right. Understand you need your employees and make changes to keep them and keep them happy. Recognize achievements across the board, not a few now and then. Make smarter decisions that benefit your employees and your business. Don't overcommit to stop a screaming customer and blame the little guy when they can't meet the deadline. Managers need to manage!! No one knows what managers do. Value the people in the trenches they do the work and know how everything works (or doesn't). Don't insult FTEs by letting them go and giving work to contractors. Contractors should not be the bulk of your workforce. They are supplemental workers, brought in when you need extra hands and when the job is finished the contract is up, they move to the next job. They work for money, not the success of your company. Charging penalties if they don't deliver doesn't make them loyal,it keeps their focus on the money. You will not come out on top, you will lose at great cost to the company.

Great company to work for!!

I have been working at Asurion

Pros

Great opportunity for movement if you are looking for more than a job.

Cons

The growth of the company is always a good thing to have job security however, I feel like I'm unnoticed in a huge group of people and it's very hard to stand how because you are responsible for other's performance and things outside of your control, such as attrition.

Excellent company to work with, great policies and benefits for employees.

I worked at Asurion

Pros

Open culture and ability to grow

Cons

None, great to work there.

Great culture and benefits program. Helps in career progression.

Love/Hate Relationship

Former Employee - Software Quality Analyst
    Former Employee - Software Quality Analyst

I worked at Asurion full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Asurion has so many perks from benefits, to the laid back culture, to the company's growth and innovation. I loved working there and enjoyed the many ups and downs that came with it.

Cons

The things that make you love Asurion will also make you hate it. Although I enjoyed being in a laid back environment, generally that laid back environment was not very productive in certain areas therefore SLAs were hardly if ever met. Asurion is known for constantly creating its "own fires" and then being the one to have to clean it up. Also being innovative has caused a lot of disconnect throughout the company. Yes there is growth, but no two departments are on the same page.

My advice to management would be to implement more positions that catered directly to the people and directly to management. Many times we have OMs and Managers working in three or four positions while leading teams and needs are not being met. You want to invest in your people so they can grow and develop. You should not have to lose great people for lack of leadership.

Customer care

I have been working at Asurion

Pros

Work at home, schedule,nice management

Cons

No cons at this time

Great Company!

Former Employee - Senior Manager, CARE in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Senior Manager, CARE in Nashville, TN

I worked at Asurion

Pros

Medium sized company you can navigate easily to accomplish things. Time away from work policy is very liberal, vacation is not even tracked for exempt employees. Great people, good culture(except in IT).

Cons

Too much change too fast! No time for normalizing processes. The almost always look outside for Director and above roles, which sends a message to senior managers that growth is unlikely.

Keep your culture and time away from work approach! You have a good bench strength of talent but a poor progression strategy for you talent.

Great company despite it all!

Current Employee - SQA Analyst in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - SQA Analyst in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Asurion

Pros

Flexible work environment
    Ability to work from home
    Great team environment
    Casual dress code
    Decent benefits, pretty decent pay

Cons

Stagnant company growth, no guarantee about the future stability.

Great job awesome benefits

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Tupelo, MS
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Tupelo, MS

I worked at Asurion full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Average pay but unlimited overtime awesome insurance packages and incentives

Cons

Since they were bought out by Asurion alot of policies changed and they're unfair.

Great company and culture

Current Employee - Senior SQA Analyst in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Senior SQA Analyst in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Asurion full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

great company and culture to be in

Cons

pay is a little below average

Dynamic company

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Asurion

Pros

Relatively young company with good growth potential.

Cons

Management may have gotten too top heavy, too many chiefs!

Take care of the tenured employees rather than leaving them stranded. They are the ones who got you where you are today