Asurion Reviews

Updated October 23, 2014
Updated October 23, 2014
3.1

Steve Ellis

Pros
  • I will not leave the company nor change it for no reason did I mention I can work from home (in 29 reviews)

• Pretty good work-life balance, but you have to manage this yourself (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance, external training opportunities or ability to go to conferences (in 25 reviews)

• No work life balance - bu t they don't pretend to have any either, so at least they are transparent (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Dishonest

Current Employee - Anonymous in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Asurion full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Casual dress policy is nice

Cons

My experience at Asurion was sub-par. During the hiring process, HR and management set unrealistc expectations about the annual bonus and about the promotion opportunities at Asurion and how fast they are growing. This is because they have a recruiting challenge. All very exaggerated claims. There was zero annual bonus last year by the way

I personally worked for a very unethical and unprofessional manager in HR who cussed all the time and shared confidential HR gossip. I think asurion doesn't vet their people leaders very well

Great Company... Great Culture... Great People

I have been working at Asurion full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The benefits are absolutely awesome. People seem to enjoy going to work there. They staff enough people where you're not getting hit with calls all the time.

Cons

I'm no longer there due to the fact it's a call center and that type of atmosphere wasn't a fit.

If one department depends on another for success, if a learning curve is in place, please allow room for reevaluation so another department isn't dramatically impacted.

Example: I was instructed by someone higher then me to do something & QA punished me for it in my call scores. They also punished me for not offering something that wasn't available for that particular device. Feedback to QA was given, but my very low score wasn't.

"An OK place to work with a dynamic environment"

Current Employee - CCR in Klamath Falls, OR
    Current Employee - CCR in Klamath Falls, OR

I have been working at Asurion full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

One of the only jobs in this town that offers a guaranteed full-time job with good benefits. Always offering overtime and easy workload.

Cons

Very repetitive job. Constantly doing the same thing and can get old very easily.

Fantastic opportunities and leadership!

Current Employee - PSS Coach in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - PSS Coach in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Asurion full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The premier support division of Asurion is growing at a rapid pace and the opportunities for advancement and career growth are endless. Leadership is strong, fair and really invests in employees who are willing to make sure customers receive a premier experience. There are fantastic benefits and as an exempt employee you have unlimited paid time off.

Cons

You can expect to put in a lot of hours and take work home with you. You can also expect frequent changes.

Keep up the great work!

Bilingual CSR

Current Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Asurion full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They do really give you opportunity to grow in the company I've been working here since may 2014 and just got promoted to work in the technical department you don't have to relay on much experience since they are willing to provide paid training.I love working for Asurion they are committed to helping you succeed great sups and mentors.I will not leave the company nor change it for no reason did I mention I can work from home!!! Ahhhh I give Asurion 9 stars out of 10 just because the PTO issue!

Cons

PTO is hard to get even when u ask for it in advance PTO is used for down times and having family issues seems not to be a valid reason for PTO!

Help us get pto when we have a sick child and don't hold it against our attendance.

Great Company to Work For

Former Employee - Care Solutions Team in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Care Solutions Team in Houston, TX

I worked at Asurion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Available, consistnet overtime for most lines of business, benefits package is awesome. Most agents can choose to go home after 3 months of meeting certain metrics. Its a great job that allows for growth and promotes to most all higher phone positions from within. Pay raises are quite decent, especially when moving to another department Monthly bonuses based on performance are great!

Cons

Schedule changes every 6 months and your ranking to choose is based on metrics. Dependent on how your scores, you may have a very undesirable shift. Not many cons unless you don't do your job.

awesome

Current Employee - Technical Support in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Technical Support in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Asurion full-time (more than an year)

Pros

always trying to help you feel like family

Cons

paying could be more
    dtv rules

Customer Care

Former Employee - Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Asurion full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great management, great co workers. Work from home. Trainers where great as well.

Cons

The starting pay was not great even though you work from.

Raise the starting pay. No other complaint keep the good work.

Great place to work in.....

I have been working at Asurion full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have just started working for asurion and its been about 2 weeks... I can say that i see there really is a difference in most companies that i have worked for, I feel that in training I can and will learn allot, I love that it is interactive and you feel as though you are part of a team. I am glad that they do the testing before you even walk through the door.

Cons

I dont yet see any cons

I wish the entrance exam was a little harder. but other than that so far so good and maybe also offer vendors sometimes for lunch please.

Asurion is a great work from home job.

Former Employee - Technical Support in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Asurion full-time (less than an year)

Pros

401k with company match
    PTO
    Dental, health,vision benefits
    Life insurance
    Pay was never inaccurate
    Talking to customers

Cons

Back to back phone calls
    Irate customers
    Worked late nights
    No work life balance at all