Asurion

Updated November 20, 2014
Updated November 20, 2014
3.2

Kevin Taweel

Pros
  • I will not leave the company nor change it for no reason did I mention I can work from home (in 29 reviews)

• Pretty good work-life balance, but you have to manage this yourself (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance, external training opportunities or ability to go to conferences (in 25 reviews)

• No work life balance - bu t they don't pretend to have any either, so at least they are transparent (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Fast paced

I worked at Asurion

Pros

Flexible schedule based upon seniority and performance

Cons

Many evening and weekend hours preferred

Great career progression in a growing company

I have been working at Asurion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Your can develop your career at Asurion quickly. The environment rewards high performers for driving results with new opportunities to make an impact.

Cons

There is consistent and heavy change at Asurion. It is not isolated to one area of the company. Also, the pace is very fast. In addition, some area's of the company value flexibility, which limits the amount of firm process that is in place. The process adversity combined with the pace and change sometimes breeds ambiguity. People that like to build things and carve their own path will love it. Those who value structure will be miserable.

Continue the double digit growth trajectory, but keep your eye on rewards and recognition.

Love

Current Employee - PSS in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - PSS in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Asurion full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Love the atmosphere. 90%of management is great. People i work wit is awesome.

Cons

Hate that you have to say certain things a certain way to get a good quality score. It's always change on the script. Now it seems like they are firing people for anything now

Management is ok mo complaints

Great company to work for....

Current Employee - Director in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Director in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Asurion full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Fast paced, numerous opportunities, great people that are incredibly smart and successful, flexible schedule, and environment that challenges people

Cons

Always continuous changes and shifting priorities which keeps it interesting but isn't for everyone.

Continue to focus on people and keep Asurion a great place to work

Rewarding & Fun

Former Employee - Regional Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Regional Account Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Asurion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to run your own book of business, rewarding when overachieving

Cons

your fate is at the mercy of your client

everything was great with asurion except for there absent policies

Current Employee - Premier Support Technician in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Premier Support Technician in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Asurion full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I will say the best thing about working with asurion is the pay

Cons

what are the chances is working with Aishwarya and is they continually the change their policies without telling you

my advice to the upper management is to hammer at your policies and keep them straight and let your employees know

Company

Former Employee - Software Developer in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Arlington, VA

I worked at Asurion full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very good work environment, everyone is so friendly

Cons

Less salary range when compared to others

Help

I have been working at Asurion

Pros

Can anybody tell meif the training is at home or at a site?

Cons

none that I can think of

Great Company with constant change

Current Employee - SQA Analyst in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - SQA Analyst in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Asurion full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Has a great time off policy for full time employees and a great environment to work in.

Cons

Everything is constantly changing. You are never in the same spot for 6 months at a time.

Asurion Response

Nov 14, 2014Asurion Glassdoor Team

Thank you for your review. We enjoy our time off policy and are glad to hear you do too. We appreciate your commitment and resiliance through any change.

RUN FROM THIS INCONSIDERATE COMPANY

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chatsworth, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chatsworth, GA

I have been working at Asurion full-time (less than an year)

Pros

NONE unless you count working from home.

Cons

There are a ton of these. When they hire they are going to expect you to shell out a considerable amount of money for someone looking for a job to even get started. Then you start training if you make it that far and the trainers are all condescending jerks who will be little you. My training class started with 45 at the end of 6 weeks we were 9. So if you make it through training then starts working on the floor. Once you get there your life is over because if for any reason you can't be glued to the phone you will be accruing attendance points. You cannot schedule any time off it will always be denied. Mainly in part because the turnover is so high that anybody they have is asked to work overtime on a daily basis. IF your looking for a job with good insurance this is not one their insurance is way over-priced and will take 25% or more of your paycheck. Also there are way too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Throughout my time here i see more trainers and supervisors and training assistants (NHAs) than I do normal employees. My own supervisor told me when I asked about the turnover they never lose anyone due to job performance its to overall attendance. This job is horrible. They only care about time and money. And from the word go you will nothing but an expendable number. Do not waste your time.

You will keep experiencing a high turnover until A. you reel your trainers in they are rude and condescending and talk down to people. B. you call yourself flexible as far as scheduling goes, but that's only on your terms. Once hired your employees are not allowed to have lives. And you count every second against a persons attendance not a successful business model. If it were not for the insurance gimmick lets charge people for an insurance they will probably never use your company would not make enough money to afford the turnover and hiring alone.