At-Tech

Updated November 14, 2014
3.2

Janice Bryant Howroyd

Great job

I have been working at At-Tech

Pros

This role paralled my career goals.

Cons

It wasnt a fulltime role.

NA

Staffing Sweatshop

Former Employee - Recruiter in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at At-Tech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Adequate base pay but chances to make high commissions very low

Cons

Not enough business to work on - low margin business, bad management and low morale

step down

Not for the long-run

I worked at At-Tech

Pros

San Diego team is a cool group to work with and the company has a really good base salary + commission structure.

Cons

The company as a whole isn't somewhere I would want to be for long. The higher management needs some work and there is a lot of gossip that goes around. very unprofessional.

Great Team, Manager, Environment, Commission Structure

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in San Diego, CA

I have been working at At-Tech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The comission structure is fantastic here. You can really do well if you are consistent.
    The Branch Manager is the best Manager I've ever had. He his a phenomenal trainer, leads by example and his industry knowledge is amazing. The team is fantastic, they all have been trained well, they know what they are doing and they are fun to work with, and they are successful.

Cons

The only thing I think they could improve on is the CTS. The candidates and clients in the system are good, it just could be more user friendly.

Nothing with our San Diego office, but I do see challenges with some of the other offices across the country for At-Tech. They do not operate in the same transparent and up front manner that we do.

rf wireless engineer

Current Employee - RF Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - RF Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at At-Tech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

money some freedom, work, people

Cons

no mgt support, have NOT spoken once with my mgr for over a year.

Make mgt talk to their employees for reviews and how they are doing in the filed, any issues etc?

Excellent Company, Great Manager, and Awesome Environment

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in San Diego, CA

I have been working at At-Tech full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Our office is like a giant family - we are all supportive of each other and do everything we can to work together as a team. My co-workers are all hardworking, but know how to make sure everyday is a good day in our office. They offer me support and help whenever needed and I can't think of better group of people to work with. Our Branch Manager will do everything he can to help us succeed and is probably one of the BEST managers I have ever worked for in my life.

Cons

I honestly can't think of negative thing to say about our branch. I wish we had more jobs to work on and I wish there was a little more structure and organization in the senior management, but overall, this has been an excellent company to work for!

As far as our Branch Manager...you are doing an awesome job and I can guarantee you that you have an office full of happy recruiters. As far as the Senior Management....a little more structure and organization would be suggested.

A great Team

Current Employee - Recruitment in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Recruitment in San Diego, CA

I have been working at At-Tech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A shared team that wants everybody to be the best they can be. We make money and have a great commission scheme

Cons

No Cons we just need to keep up the drive we have and move forward with the right staff, we had some management mistakes early on with Branch Manager, who would rather surf than work.

Nepotistic, unethical, beware of internal politics and incredibly micro-managed work environment.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I worked at At-Tech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Decent salary if you work 40 hours, not so much for actual hours put in.
    - Good location
    - Good desk size
    - Company discounts available

Cons

- Work environment heavily micro-managed
    - Neurotic leadership
    - Constructive criticism doesn't exist, just snowballs into explosive interactions instead of positive criticism and reinforcing those values
    - Questionable ethics
    - Constant yo-yo of emotions and decision changes; never any consistent direction, ever-changing instead of having one goal or one idea.

Take a moment to look closely at WHY the turnover is so high at the KC branch. What are the constants, and what are the connections? That should tell you something.

A lot of turn over, unstable environment, favoritism

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Overland Park, KS

I worked at At-Tech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent wage, good location, clean office

Cons

This is an unstable environment with a lot of turn over. The core team doesn't want anyone to come in from the outside and work harder than they do because that would threaten them so they are unfriendly to any new employee from the start. Poor management style due to lack of training and favoritism to certain employees. They hire a new technical recruiter every few months due to turn over and when a new recruiter starts, the recruiter quickly finds out that they are only working with telecommunications job orders and there aren't any technical job orders to work on. As a new member of the team, you are required to work a full desk and generate your own accounts which isn't bad except for the fact that the core team (the employees who are favored and not let go) isn't required to do the same, they only recruit for the telecommunications requisitions and do not cold call for any new accounts or make calls to reactivate accounts that hadn't done business with them in a long time. The favorites of the team have been given the telecommunications accounts for ongoing account management and these accounts are the only accounts they work on. Once the new technical recruiters have landed a few new accounts and made a couple of placements, they are terminated and the core team continues to work those accounts and candidates. After which, they are not worked correctly due to lack of training so once again the only job orders that are worked on is the telecommunications which were handed to them. Then, time to hire a new recruiter to bring in more business for the core team.

Hiring new recruiters to fill the pipeline every few months doesn't solve the problems because the core team hasn't been trained to continue to manage the new accounts so they are then not worked and accounts are eventually lost. The ongoing solution has been to hire a new recruiter and bring on more accounts,. A revolving door isn't the way to build the business, keep the good recruiters regardless of personal favorites.

Excellent company that invests in growth.

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at At-Tech full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great work environment.

Very professional environment with a collective desire to be the best in the industry.

Everyone acts as a mentor to everyone.

Cons

None to note, the management team does a great job of cultivating talent in order to help everyone succeed.

None, great work!