At-Tech

Add Photos

Janice Bryant Howroyd

Excellent Company, Great Manager, and Awesome Environment

I have been working at At-Tech full-time for more than a year

ProsOur office is like a giant family - we are all supportive of each other and do everything we can to work together as a team. My co-workers are all hardworking, but know how to make sure everyday is a good day in our office. They offer me support and help whenever needed and I can't think of better group of people to work with. Our Branch Manager will do everything he can to help us succeed and is probably one of the BEST managers I have ever worked for in my life.

ConsI honestly can't think of negative thing to say about our branch. I wish we had more jobs to work on and I wish there was a little more structure and organization in the senior management, but overall, this has been an excellent company to work for!

Advice to Senior ManagementAs far as our Branch Manager...you are doing an awesome job and I can guarantee you that you have an office full of happy recruiters. As far as the Senior Management....a little more structure and organization would be suggested.

A great Team

Recruitment (Current Employee)

I have been working at At-Tech full-time for more than 3 years

ProsA shared team that wants everybody to be the best they can be. We make money and have a great commission scheme

ConsNo Cons we just need to keep up the drive we have and move forward with the right staff, we had some management mistakes early on with Branch Manager, who would rather surf than work.

Nepotistic, unethical, beware of internal politics and incredibly micro-managed work environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at At-Tech full-time for less than a year

Pros- Decent salary if you work 40 hours, not so much for actual hours put in.
- Good location
- Good desk size
- Company discounts available

Cons- Work environment heavily micro-managed
- Neurotic leadership
- Constructive criticism doesn't exist, just snowballs into explosive interactions instead of positive criticism and reinforcing those values
- Questionable ethics
- Constant yo-yo of emotions and decision changes; never any consistent direction, ever-changing instead of having one goal or one idea.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a moment to look closely at WHY the turnover is so high at the KC branch. What are the constants, and what are the connections? That should tell you something.

A lot of turn over, unstable environment, favoritism

Technical Recruiter (Former Employee)

I worked at At-Tech full-time for less than a year

ProsDecent wage, good location, clean office

ConsThis is an unstable environment with a lot of turn over. The core team doesn't want anyone to come in from the outside and work harder than they do because that would threaten them so they are unfriendly to any new employee from the start. Poor management style due to lack of training and favoritism to certain employees. They hire a new technical recruiter every few months due to turn over and when a new recruiter starts, the recruiter quickly finds out that they are only working with telecommunications job orders and there aren't any technical job orders to work on. As a new member of the team, you are required to work a full desk and generate your own accounts which isn't bad except for the fact that the core team (the employees who are favored and not let go) isn't required to do the same, they only recruit for the telecommunications requisitions and do not cold call for any new accounts or make calls to reactivate accounts that hadn't done business with them in a long time. The favorites of the team have been given the telecommunications accounts for ongoing account management and these accounts are the only accounts they work on. Once the new technical recruiters have landed a few new accounts and made a couple of placements, they are terminated and the core team continues to work those accounts and candidates. After which, they are not worked correctly due to lack of training so once again the only job orders that are worked on is the telecommunications which were handed to them. Then, time to hire a new recruiter to bring in more business for the core team.

Advice to Senior ManagementHiring new recruiters to fill the pipeline every few months doesn't solve the problems because the core team hasn't been trained to continue to manage the new accounts so they are then not worked and accounts are eventually lost. The ongoing solution has been to hire a new recruiter and bring on more accounts,. A revolving door isn't the way to build the business, keep the good recruiters regardless of personal favorites.

Excellent company that invests in growth.

Overland Park, KS

I have been working at At-Tech full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat work environment.

Very professional environment with a collective desire to be the best in the industry.

Everyone acts as a mentor to everyone.

ConsNone to note, the management team does a great job of cultivating talent in order to help everyone succeed.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, great work!

Cheap In, Cheap Out

I have been working at At-Tech full-time for more than a year

ProsGood commission plan, both on contract, direct hire

ConsAncient technology, constant network problems. Geriatric Owner who makes ever decision, still living in the 1960s, salary compensation significantly below market average

Advice to Senior ManagementVP has no clue what he is doing.

Not a professional environment

Sales (Former Employee)
San Jose, CA

I worked at At-Tech

ProsIt's a job and they have good benefits

ConsThe company doesn't trust its employees and treats them like children. Also, policies set managers in negative, scarcity driven competition with their subordinates.
Has a serf/lord mentality.
Most often heard commwent about company policies "Of course, Bernie (the CEO) has to get his cut".
Masquerades as a Minority Owned Business but really doesn't seem to be.
Questionable internal business training.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees like adults.
Stop having a culture where managers are encouraged to do whatever they have to including sabotaging efforts of subordinates, so they bill more than the people beneath them.

Worked for At-Tech? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at At-Tech reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for At-Tech CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by At-Tech employees.