AtHoc

www.athoc.com

AtHoc Reviews

Updated Jun 27, 2014

Guy Miasnik

Great people, average benefits and salary.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsExciting field, dedicated employees! I can see the benefit of what I contribute!
    Flexible work day schedule and reasonable management policies.

ConsGrowing pains; extended internships with low pay and no benefits. Low turnover into full-time positions.
    Release planning and scope creep is often an issue.
    Vacation plan is stingy.

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsNo politics. Integrity within management. Employees are committed to the mission of the company

ConsDriven and hard working environment give the purpose and mission of the company's product. Can make it tough for balancing work life and home life. Although I know the company is hiring more people

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a terrific team of people and foundation for even greater success than already achieved. The challenge now is to maintain the company culture and level of talent while growing quickly

Experiencing growth pains, but still a good company to work for

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsManagement team committed and passionate about the product. Good growth trajectory. Generally open to updating the technology stack. Nice mix of old timers and new hires on the engineering team. Free lunches. There does seem to be a commitment to improving development processes and becoming more agile.

ConsHectic (and frequent) release schedules. Still burdened with "fire-fighting" mentality at times. New development projects tend to go more to new hires, which leaves older developers stuck with maintaining and supporting legacy technologies.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be transparent to employees about corporate financials and sharing information. It really does help to keep employee morale high.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company with good life. A lot of fun atmosphere.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsNice technologies, good people, good atmosphere. Despite of existing cons - management understand the bad things should be improved and helps on that.
    People of any level respect each other!

ConsBenefits and salaries could be better for CA. Too much meetings. People should pay more attention to quality of what they do.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut more resources into automation testing and following technical standards.

On growth path

Getting worse

ProsMaking money
    Sales team is good

ConsBad work/life balance
    Very political from the top down
    Salaries not up to market rate

Gud company

ProsGud company first class nice

ConsNot Great work ethics culture

Awesome place to work

ProsGreat team: smart, driven, focused, and plain fun to hang out with.
    Awesome management: very experienced from the top down, extremely approachable, transparent.
    Important product: it's not sharing food pics... AtHoc product literally saves lives! It's extremely satisfying to build something like this.

With that said, it's a start-up, with that great start-up atmosphere and camaraderie. Everyone does their part and has fun doing it.

ConsIt's a start-up: deadlines approach fast.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay focused and keep doing what you're doing.

Worked for AtHoc? Contribute to the Community!