AthletiCo

Updated Jul 2, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mark Kaufman

Amazing group of individuals and professionals

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI had the great opportunity to work alongside AthletiCo staff and from interacting with them, they are highly experienced and knowledgeable, and treat patients with extreme care.

ConsI cannot say anything horrible about this company, at least from my own experience. It is an amazing company and the individuals there are all very professional.

Great team environment

Rehab Aide (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFlexible schedule
    Laid back work environment

ConsLow pay for part-time workers

Advice to Senior Managementmore thorough training...everything else is great!

Great company with friendly coworkers

Clinic Director (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsCompensation is fair but not ground breaking.

ConsThe company is large and has a corporate feel. There are managers to managers to managers. It's hard to make important and positive changes because of too much red tape.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess micromanaging.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hardworking people, not so great pay, each clinic differs from the next

Office Coordinator (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsSmart people.
    Hire from within first.
    Training program is decent.
    Good place to start in a clinical setting.

ConsPay is low.
    Benefits are just okay.
    Long hours.
    Do not recognize most holidays.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep tweaking loose ends. You're really good at listening to employees but a meeting doesn't always have to occur to make slight changes.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Physical Therapy Assistant

Physical Therapy Aide (Current Employee) Evanston, IL

ProsPotential for growth if you do well and stick around for long enough.
    Beautiful offices and great clients.
    Staff is very team-oriented and the patient comes first.

ConsLaundry duties are not very exciting, but someone has to do it! Because the patient comes first you might feel micro-managed from time to time, but it is for good reason. Insurance information and filing can cause extra work even when your shift is over but it's not unreasonable.

Great company, great people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Oak Brook, IL

ProsThe people make you feel comfortable, teamwork is big.

ConsSome people do not manage their time effectively. Certain people are clearly not good fits for the job (marketing).

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure every department is being effective in its work.

Work as a aide only as an attempt to get hours, nothing more.

Rehab Aide (Current Employee)

ProsThe patients are by far the best part of this job. If it wasn't for them I would have lost my mind. Also, my fellow aides make my work experience better.

ConsThe pay is terrible. It is almost insulting to make so little and be asked to do so much.
    The distribution of labor is horrible between therapists and aides. They ask aides to do their job most times and we merely get a pat on the back.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure the patient care comes first, not numbers.
    Pay people what they're worth

Ok, poor pay, poor upper management, no changes in the future

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAllows continuing education courses. Good PTO plans. The people in the corporate office are nice and friendly. The culture was once great and "family like", however, now it is "Conscious Leadership" and completely changed it to a cult like vibe. 401K match is 25% of the first 5%.

ConsHorrible pay. There is no promotions only merely title changes. A 3% raise when you are a lower level corporate employee is pennies compared to a 6 figured director getting a 3% raise. Also WHO WRITES AN ESSAY FOR A BONUS, why would you have to write an essay to prove you deserve a bonus, especially when the dollar amount is already predetermined. Also medical benefits are horrible, very bad network. Meritain and the Aetna network, my doctor would rather have me not use my insurance than wasting time with submitting it to insurance. Also the upper management, besides not wanting to pay lower level employees appropriately, are constantly complained about by individuals. There is turnover in the corporate office, yet no one wants to address that it actually is the manager than is the reason for the turnover. As Athletico expands, they go away from their CORE values and just become more money hungry.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at the Corporate Directors...there is turnover in the departments for a reason.

Overworked and underpaid.

Physical Therapist (Former Employee)

ProsAccess to potential athletic teams in the Chicagoland area. One of my former co-workers now is the main PT for the Chicago Cubs.

ConsOften push over booking of patients, frown upon taking vacation and make it extremely hard to do so. Often had to stay late to finish notes and marketing is supposed to be done on non paid time for possible "bonus" at end of year.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like people and not numbers, if you treat your employees better you may not lose as many seasoned therapists.

A great company to work for.

Rehab Aide (Current Employee) Bolingbrook, IL

Prosgreat clinic environment for employees and patients.

Conshave not found anything bad about this company.

Worked for AthletiCo? Contribute to the Community!