AthletiCo Reviews

3.8
Mark Kaufman

1. Physical Therapist

I have been working at AthletiCo

Pros

Great culture to work in, very upbeat co-workers!

Cons

Paperwork interferes with work life balance at times

Advice to Management

Don't let growth change our philosophy on patient care. We provide outstanding service!
    Consider allowing electronic access to finishing paperwork at home with an encrypted format to allow for better work life balance!

2. Great!

Former Employee - Rehabilitation Aide in Addison, IL
    Former Employee - Rehabilitation Aide in Addison, IL

I worked at AthletiCo

Pros

Great coworkers and the patients are great to work with too. Good use of the space

Cons

The location is really small but they can use equipment from the gym

3. Rehab aide

I have been working at AthletiCo

Pros

Fast paced environment, good learning opportunities, flexibility for students,

Cons

Hours fluctuate with patient scheduling

Advice to Management

Pay attention to front-line workers

5. pt aide

I worked at AthletiCo

Pros

Most of the staff is very nice

Cons

Overwork the aides with little pay
     Also very corporate. Not much individual one on one time

Advice to Management

focus more on one on one time with patients

6. Great teamwork, collaboration, and supportive management.

Former Employee - Rehabilitation Aide
    Former Employee - Rehabilitation Aide

I worked at AthletiCo part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunities to learn and grow with an incredible, diverse team who work well together and (at least at the location I worked at) helped each other to serve their patients as professionally and effectively as possible. As a Rehab Aide, I felt respected by the Therapists as a valuable part of the team. They were open to my questions and even suggestions for the clinic and care of patients.

Cons

Some clinics seemed pressed to take a larger volume of patients that what seemed optimal for the patient. As a Rehab Aide / tech, there is not much room to grow in this setting or to increase wage (something which is to large extent, simply part of the reality of being an Aide; generally aides are in school, studying to become therapists or other healthcare professionals). I would have loved to stay there and continue gaining experience until I finished my education however, it's near impossible to support oneself and education on an aide's salary.

Advice to Management

There is a fine balance between keeping the clinic busy and efficient / making money, and creating the most comfortable atmosphere for great care. Our location seemed able to push this limit a bit due to the excellent team cohesion and personality. I filled in at other clinics for a time and saw, when they were too busy, patients felt neglected (even when they were well attended to) and seemed uncomfortable. Even at my home clinic, it would take longer for new patients to really settle in and feel comfortable when the clinic was consistently packed.

7. Progressive outpatient and outreach rehabilitation practice that genuinely cares about its employees and patients.

Former Employee - Athletic Trainer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Athletic Trainer in Chicago, IL

I worked at AthletiCo

Pros

It enables pragmatic individuals amazing clinical opportunities as they are affiliated with multiple professional sports teams, the Big 10 tournament, and performing arts to name a few.

Cons

Vertical mobility is somewhat limited despite the sheer size of the company. The independent nature of outreach work makes it quite difficult to get recognition for exceptional work.

Advice to Management

Continue to tap all key stakeholder and encourage clinicians to develop new skills. If I were to return to outpatient care, Athletico would be the first place I submit a resume.

8. Fantastic experience and knowledge gained if your ultimate goal is to go to PT school

I have been working at AthletiCo

Pros

Great experience and fun people to work with

Cons

Terrible pay for the amount of work

Good first impression

I have been working at AthletiCo

Pros

- Care about patients
    - Care about employees
    - Good name to have on resume

Cons

- Worked for a company that Athletico bought. Still in the dark on a lot

Advice to Management

I am unsure of how different this company will be, but having been apart of two acquisitions, this one has gone much smoother than the others.

10. Good place to start

Current Employee - Rehab Aide in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Rehab Aide in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AthletiCo part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company really cares about its staff and its patients/clients

Cons

Pay is not the greatest

discredits the profession of physical therapy

Former Employee - Staff Physical Therapist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Staff Physical Therapist in Chicago, IL

I worked at AthletiCo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

will hire you right out of school, younger company so I can be fun at times. Some opportunities to advance your personal practice.doesn't make it hard for you to figure out when it is time to leave. Grant Koster will astound you with his ability to act like a walking leadership self help book and use a buzz word in every other sentence. the physical therapists there are awesome, and know they are working for a flawed business model. great place to get experience, and when you finally do, you can leave.

Cons

now that I moved away from this company, I realized quite a few things about it. They hire a disproportionate amount of new grad physical therapists.allows them to make more money.you will never leave your shift on time. will never be rewarded for it.The manager will put patients on your schedule even though your shift is over. I once got yelled at for leaving 15 minutes early even though my last patient cancelled in my paper work was completed despite having stayed late countless amounts of time.you will be told that patient should be seen three times per week no matter what. Patients will be moved between physical therapists routinely, they will be double booked, and this will be encouraged.they have a Golf Center...a physical therapy company that has a Golf Centre clearly is not being as effective as they possibly could be. Considering water down and ineffective physical therapy through a poor business model will result in higher revenue.shameless, shameless marketers.when you actually calculate out the bonus you get,compared to the amount of extra time you spend getting it, it's about minimum wage.

Advice to Management

your business model actually hurts the profession.they hiring so many new graduates and by the sheer volume of your clinics, it makes physical therapy seemed less effective than what it is.you might be making money, but you're actually hurting the profession in the broader sense. since you are so big now and the business model requires constant referrals from physicians I guess we'll never get direct access.

RSS Feed </> Embed