Atkinson-Baker Reviews

2.1
Sheila Atkinson-Baker

1. Great

I have been working at Atkinson-Baker

Pros

Very Organized, Great Training. If you work hard and not cause trouble, you'll be given opportunity to grow.

Cons

Dry industry, boring office culture, too many policies.

Just try to make things a little more fun for employees.

Only take this job as a last resort.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I worked at Atkinson-Baker

Pros

Most of the people you will work with are nice. Of course you will also have to deal with some co workers that are not as nice but that is something you will find anywhere else you go. The location is great and a job is better than no job, but that i. Up for debate in this case.

Cons

Below market pay
    Terrible HR
    L.R. Hubbard management practices that have you micromanaged.
    Numerous amounts of policies
    Boring, and highly unproductive training for about three months. Being in the training room made me want to jump out the window or poke my eyes out with a pencil.
    Very insulting pay and wage raises.
    Once again, terrible HR. You know who you are.
    Management needs a lot of improvement

Pay a decent salary, and hire real management consultants, not the L.R HUbbard school of management. That is psychological abuse to your workers considering. Stop treating your employees like children, and improve that terrible training which just wastes trees and kills souls.

happy employees

I have been working at Atkinson-Baker full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I like working here. I have worked here for over 5 years. I happen to know that the several nasty reviews are posted by one disgruntled employee. It pays to remember there are always two sides to every story. I am a Christian and not once during my employment has anyone tried to push anything else on me. They could care less what beliefs I have or do not have. Same goes for others. I talk to a lot of people and get a lot of positive feedback and hear the same thing. The training you get is for job training. Nothing else. I know there are tons of people that work here for well over five years and longer. How bad could it be? Just because someone does not get the raise or pay they think they should does not mean they should lie about the place. My suggestion to anyone who wants to work here is interview people who have worked here for years. Then decide for yourself what is the truth and what is lies.

Cons

more time off would be great

none

Staff vs Management

Former Employee - Customer Service in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Glendale, CA

I worked at Atkinson-Baker full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- 2 weeks time off and medical benefits after 90 days probation period.
    - free covered parking
    - located in a nice location near americana
    - most staff (excluding management) is very pleasant to work with

Cons

- high employee turnover (every week there's at least a new employee replacing people who just quitted (70% of the time) and people who got fired (30% of the time).
    - management has unrealistic expectation for target jobs.
    - pay raises are minimal for staff
    - start rate for staff ranging from $10.50 to $12.00 per hour depending on what department you get assigned.

Needs a change! Employees are disgruntled because you give them very minimal raises and you'd rather hire new employees than to retain current ones.

Unprofessional

I worked at Atkinson-Baker full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I can go home and not give a damn about my job.

Cons

All the positive reviews for this company are obviously written by upper management. The positive and negative reviews pretty much sum up the relationship between management and it's employees. The managers are either completely oblivious or maniacal. None of them have any real educational background, which shows in their management/people skills. There are also two Shrek like managers going around trying to date every new girl that comes into the office. It's just a complete circus in here.

I would advise the CEO's to start fresh and get rid of all the incompetent managers training and running the staff here, but it's clear that the unprofessional behavior is trickling down from the CEO's.

GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR!

I worked at Atkinson-Baker full-time

Pros

If you prove yourself as a hard worker, there is room for advancement and growth. The training is excellent for all positions. The group works as a team and are happy with their jobs. Employees are treated with respect. There is vacation pay, sick pay, great benefits and free parking in downtown Glendale.

I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for good, stable job.

Cons

There really aren't any that I can think of.

Keep up the great work! Training is the best!

Only accept this job if your life depends on it and u have no other choice.

I worked at Atkinson-Baker

Pros

The company matches up to 3% on their 401(k)plan but only after working there for a certain period of time. The building the company is located in is a nice building with its perks.

Cons

Employees are overworked and underpaid. I worked for this company for 5 years and I received a $1.50 raise. This is unacceptable. No wonder this company has such a high turnover rate. Upper management pretends that they care about you but their real agenda is meeting their set quotas. Employees are micromanaged and written up constantly. There is a huge disconnect between management and the front line staff. Don’t expect any sort of mentoring from your manager.

It would be wiser to pay your existing employees a little more so they don’t leave the first chance they get.

Pay isn't worth the work

I have been working at Atkinson-Baker

Pros

Parking is paid for, the staff (excluding upper management) are great people to work with, and it's in a great location.

Cons

Unequal pay, people that make mistakes get promoted. The management is mostly incompetent and has no idea how to handle most jobs, the only ones who can correctly process jobs are the ones who have been there to experience them, the training does not prepare you for the work you're going to do. No respect for employees, you could work here for ten years and if you have a bad couple of weeks, you're fired. Turnaround rate is so bad, people are always coming and going. Most departments get paid higher than departments that do more, and harder, work.

Change the quota system to work, most departments finish their daily quota by lunch and some of the other departments have to struggle to meet their daily quota. Departments that do more work, get paid less, that shouldn't be the case. Finally, stop micromanaging everything, we're not children.

Atkinson-Baker is not employee-friendly

I worked at Atkinson-Baker full-time

Pros

You work in the business district so you get to see more options outside this company.

Cons

Benefits is 0, leadership is very dictatorial and Scientology-based and office culture is very unhealthy.

You should rethink your management style and your religion-based decisions. Get a professional consultant.

How is this company still in business!

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Glendale, CA

I worked at Atkinson-Baker full-time (more than a year)

Pros

1. Company is located in downtown Glendale.
    2. There are no other pros.

Cons

1. Poor pay.
    2. Extremely poor upper management.
    3. Micromanagement of employees.
    4. No respect for employees.
    5. Religious beliefs of company forced onto employees.
    6. Unqualified individuals in upper management. Obtained position due to connection to church of Scientology.
    7. Head of HR has no qualifications, skills, or any logic to be in her position.
    8. Extremely high turnover of employees due to numbers 1-7 stated above.

Replace everyone in upper management and hire qualified individuals. Change ancient, religious strategy of running your business to a more logical one that is consistent with the century you are living in. Stop micromanaging your employees. Pay your employees a decent wage to live on. Make it a priority to replace head of HR.