Atkinson-Baker Reviews

Reset
2.6
Sheila Atkinson-Baker

1. Atkinson-Baker Review

Pros

The location of the office is in a good area. There are many hard working people in this company, from entry level to management, and there's opportunity for growth. The company actively works to ensure clients, freelancers and employees have a positive experience and are always open to feedback.

Cons

All companies have room to grow.

2. Manager

Former Employee - California in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - California in Glendale, CA

Pros

The company operates by published policy which makes things certain, not run by whim. I worked for the company 14 years and moved up from a recruiter to a manager. During my time with the company it grew from 98 employees to over 170. The company provided me with a path to reach goals I set for myself and I very happy about that.

Cons

There are no perfect jobs that I have seen and every employer can improve on things. I have observed Top Management at Atkinson-Baker Inc working in the directions of improving things for their employees.

3. Not the worst but most definitely not the best.

I worked at Atkinson-Baker full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Job security, definitely job security. As long as you keep your mouth shut and do whatever the policies/managers tell you to do you'll be fine. And you get benefits. I've never gotten pressured to be a part of the church and they don't impose their religion on you which is fine with me. They do use certain terminology when they train you but that's to be expected.

Cons

The turnaround is absolutely horrible. I can't tell you how many people have left in the time I've been here. The pay is BAAAD and yes, there are people who have been here for 10+ years who do not get paid what they should be. The room for growth really depends on how exceptionally well you know how (or are willing) to suck up to management - which some people are extremely skilled at. (This doesn't go for all the higher-ups, mind you, but I've seen quite a handful.) There are some really shady people here so apply at your own risk. Overall, this company is nothing more than a transitional job should it choose to treat its employees with a whole lot more respect.

Advice to Management

Talk to your employees on how to improve and I don't just mean the managers and supervisors.

Jul 20, 2015 – President

Thank you for expressing your views. I appreciate your candid remarks. It is good to know that you found job security at our company and that you appreciated our benefits package. We do our best ... More

5. A Company run by puppets of R.L. Hubbard

Former Employee - Production Department in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Production Department in Glendale, CA

I worked at Atkinson-Baker full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Location, Private Cubicles, Free Parking.... that pretty much sums it all.

Cons

There are a lot of people who have worked here for more than 5 years and never even have gotten any appreciation whatsoever from the CEO. There are employees here who have worked for more than 5 years and only getting paid for as low as 15/hr!! heck you be lucky if you even get paid that much!. I have met people who has worked here for more than 15yrs. years and retire and never even got any retirement bonus. This Company is screwed as it is. The CEO won't even bother checking with the employees. 5 years working here and i've only seen the CEO 1's! I guess this is how its like to work for a Cult. But thank god i'm out of this hell hole. I know nowadays its hard to find a good job, but this is just one of those company that won't give you any future at all. So apply at your own risk.

Advice to Management

You're company would've been bigger if you take care of your employees by paying them the amount they deserve especially those who has worked there for so many years.. not just giving them a spare change of a raise. They are the ones that keeps your company running. You have lost a lot of smart and good hard working people, no wonder why there is no growth in your company.

6. feedback

I have been working at Atkinson-Baker full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

nice location covered parking love my co-workers only work 40 hours

Cons

we need to have more time off

Advice to Management

give more time off

Only take this job as a last resort.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Pros

Most of the people you will work with are nice. Of course you will also have to deal with some co workers that are not as nice but that is something you will find anywhere else you go. The location is great and a job is better than no job, but that i. Up for debate in this case.

Cons

Below market pay Terrible HR L.R. Hubbard management practices that have you micromanaged. Numerous amounts of policies Boring, and highly unproductive training for about three months. Being in the training room made me want to jump out the window or poke my eyes out with a pencil. Very insulting pay and wage raises. Once again, terrible HR. You know who you are. Management needs a lot of improvement

Advice to Management

Pay a decent salary, and hire real management consultants, not the L.R HUbbard school of management. That is psychological abuse to your workers considering. Stop treating your employees like children, and improve that terrible training which just wastes trees and kills souls.

Apr 9, 2015 – President

Thank you for sharing your concerns. I am truly sorry that you had such a negative experience at our company. The wellbeing of our employees is very important to us. We will be addressing some of ... More

Great

Pros

Very Organized, Great Training. If you work hard and not cause trouble, you'll be given opportunity to grow.

Cons

Dry industry, boring office culture, too many policies.

Advice to Management

Just try to make things a little more fun for employees.

May 1, 2015 – President

Thank you very much for your feedback. I agree with you that the legal industry can be dry. The numerous codes and regulations are what drives the need for so many policies. When a business deals in ... More

Unprofessional

I worked at Atkinson-Baker full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I can go home and not give a damn about my job.

Cons

All the positive reviews for this company are obviously written by upper management. The positive and negative reviews pretty much sum up the relationship between management and it's employees. The managers are either completely oblivious or maniacal. None of them have any real educational background, which shows in their management/people skills. There are also two Shrek like managers going around trying to date every new girl that comes into the office. It's just a complete circus in here.

Advice to Management

I would advise the CEO's to start fresh and get rid of all the incompetent managers training and running the staff here, but it's clear that the unprofessional behavior is trickling down from the CEO's.

Only accept this job if your life depends on it and u have no other choice.

Pros

The company matches up to 3% on their 401(k)plan but only after working there for a certain period of time. The building the company is located in is a nice building with its perks.

Cons

Employees are overworked and underpaid. I worked for this company for 5 years and I received a $1.50 raise. This is unacceptable. No wonder this company has such a high turnover rate. Upper management pretends that they care about you but their real agenda is meeting their set quotas. Employees are micromanaged and written up constantly. There is a huge disconnect between management and the front line staff. Don’t expect any sort of mentoring from your manager.

Advice to Management

It would be wiser to pay your existing employees a little more so they don’t leave the first chance they get.

Atkinson-Baker is not employee-friendly

I worked at Atkinson-Baker full-time

Pros

You work in the business district so you get to see more options outside this company.

Cons

Benefits is 0, leadership is very dictatorial and Scientology-based and office culture is very unhealthy.

Advice to Management

You should rethink your management style and your religion-based decisions. Get a professional consultant.

RSS Feed </> Embed