Atlanta Braves Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
5.0
Terry McGuirk

1. I wish I still worked there!

Former Employee - Mail Order Assistant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Mail Order Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Atlanta Braves part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Braves are a fantastic organization to work for. Definitely a friendly, teamwork atmosphere. I started at their minor league team and was eventually promoted to work for the major league team in Atlanta. I would work for any branch of the organization, I wish I could go back! As with any sport and entertainment based job, be prepared for flexible hours!

Cons

There is not a lot of turnover so it is not easy to get a full time job with the company. The interview process is also a little intensive considering the position I applied for was only part time and hourly. I had an in person interview, followed by an hour long phone interview full of difficult questions (I actually had to look some terms up while on the phone, and I am college educated), and then I came in for a third in person interview- all so that I could sell tickets (although I ended up in a better higher level position).

Advice to Management

Maybe review your interview process for lower level positions, but in general I think the organization is great at what they do!

2. Ticket Sales Trainee Program

Former Intern - Ticket Sales Trainee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Intern - Ticket Sales Trainee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Atlanta Braves as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Real world experience, tons of training and mentorship situations. Fast past environment with the opportunity to have ups and down and see if sales is the job for you.

Cons

Long hours as expected in sports. Its not a guaranteed job after the program ends but they will help tremendously to get you into a career choice that will help after the program ends

Advice to Management

I would recommend more diversity within the program because the world is a diverse one that we live in. Great besides that.

3. Great Employer

Pros

Discounts and connections throughout the Atlanta community

Cons

Majority of employees are on contracts

5. Easy money for easy and entertaining job: guest relations

Current Employee - Guest Relations Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Atlanta Braves part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Braves baseball:) interact with many fans during the game. . Everyone works as a team and other departments are always there to help you if needed. 99% of employees are happy to be there! Every company has that 1% but it is what it is. 3 hours before game is prep work making sure everything is ready for fans. Then once gates open its: Hand out stickers, Give directions, Check tickets, call appropriate department if issue such as engineering or housekeeping. Shifts are generally 6.5-7 hours a game. Your shift is approved a month ahead of time so you know when you are working and when you aren't. Shift swaps are easy if you want to pick up a shift. Overall it's a fun place to work, you are there to help the fans and get paid to do so, upper mgmt is there and willing to answer questions and maybe you get to watch a little baseball!!!

Cons

Pay to park in employee lot.

6. Fantastic, everyone makes you feel welcome and want to work there.

Current Employee - Guest Relations Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Atlanta Braves part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a gameday worker, the job is a lot of fun and you meet tons of new people. I basically point people in the right direction whether it be to their seats, finding bathrooms, beer, funnel cakes, or any other item you can imagine. My goal is to make people smile and make their experience at Turner Field unforgettable.

Cons

They don't pay much, but that will probably increase over the years. My job requires me to stand almost the whole time, which is anywhere from 6-9 hours, your legs get tired during long 10 game homestands.

RSS Feed </> Embed