Atlanta Center for Medical Research Reviews

3.3
CEO

Recruitment /Intake

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Atlanta Center for Medical Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We get to interact with members of the community and provide them other options as well as hope. We are in the midst of cutting edge research and get to see the very latest in new mediations, and when a trial medication works, it's amazing to see how a person's life literally changes for the better. The company recognizes hard work with financial incentives. Our manager is very approachable and fair. When we hit our monthly goals, company pays for us to have a happy hour at a fun restaurant, and there is always a great selection of food and drinks. It makes us feel appreciated. Constantly moving around, interacting with different people. Not just another boring desk job with the same routine day in day out. ACMR is a growing company.

Cons

Can be stressful at times, especially since we have goals to hit. Lots of multitasking, so if you can't concentrate with multiple things going on, it's not for you. Sometimes need to stay past designated work hours to get everything done. Everyone must be accountable for his/her actions. If you mess up, it doesn't just affect one person. It can affect everyone and even the study, so again, there is a level of stress involved.

Advice to Management

More standardized trainings, which I've been told they are working on.

Exciting times

I have been working at Atlanta Center for Medical Research full-time

Pros

Atlanta Center for Medical Research has been an excellent company to work for and learn about all aspects that go into conducting a clinical trial. The work is interesting and never a dull moment! I have witnessed management open/create positions in order for someone to grow into a new role that helps both the individual and the company grow.

Cons

Given that the clinical trial world is a fast paced, changing and busy industry, your work environment can be just that. If you have trouble being flexible to change, being in high demand from Pharma. companies and like to watch the clock, clinical trial work is not be for you.

Advice to Management

Keep growing and expanding what all ACMR can do! Tons of opportunity, and I hope the company continues to succeed. I second the previous poster about hiring staff with work experience.

3. Always Challenging

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Atlanta Center for Medical Research full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

ACMR is a stable company with a long history conducting clinical trials. Each study is different which results in new challenges and opportunities to learn. Company believes in embracing new technologies to continually improve processes.

Cons

When implementing new technology there with be setbacks and problems to work through. This environment may not be a good fit for a person reluctant to change or embrace new ideas. Clinical research requires adherence to time points and deadlines. This does not always allow for the typical 9-5 schedule.

Advice to Management

As ACMR continues to grow it will be important to develop employees as well as technologies. Management needs to maintain their commitment to current initiatives to improve the professional development and growth of staff.

5. Ever-Changing environment

Pros

This company is on the cutting edge of medicine. It different than most positions you will find within the healthcare setting. You get the opportunity to see how medications work before they ever reach the public. All the positions here are challenging and adapting

Cons

If you are unorganized or have poor time management skills then this is not the place for you. If you fall behind in your work, it can be a challenge to catch back up.

Advice to Management

Potentially do not hire those where this is there first position in the work force. Professionalism is key and learned through experience.

6. Found a good home

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Work is exciting, changing all the time. Very little down time keeps it interesting. I have seen other research, these guys do it right.

Cons

Negative staff stays too long. Managers try to motivate but have a hard time overcoming this industries challenges. Negative staff who don't like working here don't have the good sense to find another job.

Advice to Management

Find a way to get negative staff gone before they turn good staff bad. I see a lot of false comments in the review on this site, those people should have never worked for ACMR.

The worst company

I worked at Atlanta Center for Medical Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only good thing about this company is that they will hire you with zero work experience. I think this is why they can get away with paying the new employees a low pay because he/she doesn't know any better. My fellow employees were what kept this place not only running, but kept me sane because this company will ultimately drive you to insanity. It was very exciting to move to the new building but quickly lost momentum when the poor communication and plan from the CEO to management trickled down to the employees. It was a great disappointment. The last good thing I will say is the experience and exposure you get working here looks fantastic on your resume. So if you are solely wanting that, go for it. If not, please run.

Cons

The pay for not having any work experience can be debated to start low with promises to move up. This can be true, however, the company changes its 'policies' on a daily basis on how/when and what circumstances you actually can do to move up. You are better off schmoozing the managers and working at least 12+ hours a day if you want to move up quickly or be noticed at all. The CEO doesn't care about his employees, only those who are in management. The management is so terrible, they lack direction as well as leadership for the clinical team. The only people you can trust and talk to would be HR or your coworkers. Even when you talk to HR, he/she cannot actually do anything because the CEO has the final say in everything. The company also treats most of the patients like lab rats. It seems to me the only people who truly care are the ones who personally work with them. Otherwise, it's the bottom dollar he cares about. In addition to everything, we had focus groups that created an 'open discussion' to talk about the issues around the work place with HR. This did nothing but give us an old used microwave (that didn't have roaches). Congratulations, we have a microwave. The environment at Acmr is full of people complaining and trying to make sense of this place. Just don't. This company will never make sense. Lastly, the turn over rate is super high and finally I now know why. This company can actually stand a chance if they had a more compassionate, well rounded, intelligent person running it. Otherwise, it will continue to decline and employees will be in and out just as fast as they came.

Advice to Management

Get new ones. This place is in desperate need of new managers that can provide leadership, skills, and knowledge of how research actually works.

Quite possibly the worst job you'll ever have.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Atlanta Center for Medical Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best thing about working here is that your life is all uphill from here on. If you let this become your standard, every job and every boss after will seem like a dream. So if this is your first job, it will set the bar really really low. There are some good benefits if you last long enough, butmost people won't last more than 6 months.

Cons

To simplify it, management makes EVERYTHING more complicated and more stressful than it has to be. There is an environment of fear and manipulation. Everything is competitive, and employees are only as valued as the last thing they've done. The upper management walks around making sure everyone is uncomforable and no one is socializing. They pay a lot of people on salary wages at about the same as a Best Buy supervisor, but because they work salary, they are expected to work ungodly hours with no additional compensation. Sometimes the big boss will just declare that everyone has to work til 9 or 10 pm, uncaring that his employees have lives.

Advice to Management

Compensate employees fairly, especially when they work way beyond their scheduled times. Stop making promises you don't intend to keep. Don't pay everyone barely livable salaries while parading your luxurious cars and toys around. Stop using profane language openly, not caring that your employees may be offended.

a workplace driven by negativity, fear mongering and deception

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Atlanta Center for Medical Research full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company will hire you straight out of school with no relevant experience necessary.

Cons

If you'd like to know what it's like to work at ACMR I highly suggest you check out the movie "Horrible Bosses". Pay special attention to Kevin Spacey's character, because he will give you just a TINY glimpse of what it's like working for the CEO of this company. If you aren't a previous employee of ACMR you may find this movie entertaining, maybe a little funny, and you'll probably assume that no place can really be THAT bad. You couldn't be more wrong. There's no other way to describe this workplace other than toxic. As an ACMR employee you are consistently over-worked, under-paid, unappreciated, manipulated and abused. Need evidence of this? Look no further than the incredibly high employee turnover rate. Need more evidence? Then I highly suggest you look into the number of former employees who left after experiencing some sort of mental breakdown or physical ailment brought on by the stressful work environment that the management creates and THRIVES on. All former employees have experienced some form of PTSD, so you can be certain you will, too. I know this company well and I can assure you that any semi-positive review on this website was either posted by the CEO of the company or one of his minions. I urge you to take to heart the negative reviews because they are most definitely fact.

Advice to Management

The culture of manipulation, corruption, deception and greed is far too imbedded into the core of this company, therefore I don't believe that any advice I give could begin to scratch the surface of even their smallest problem. It's truly a shame that ACMR will never realize it's full potential.

10. what they do is amazing

Former Employee - Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Atlanta Center for Medical Research full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coming from the research world I know about other companies like ACMR. but after working there I found no company is like ACMR. They may be the best at what they do.

Cons

They pay at first was low, but as they promised it was raised when I moved up. The old office was very small and I had to share a small space with many others, some people were very negative all the time didn't make for a great work environment. I did notice those people didn't stay but a year or less.

Advice to Management

congrats on the new space, hope you enjoy it.

11. Hand on Experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Atlanta Center for Medical Research full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ACMR provides a great opportunity to get hands on experience in the clinical research field. It is not an easy job, but I have learned a lot in my time here. It's challenging, rewarding, and fun.

Cons

The benefits could be better, especially the PTO policy.

RSS Feed </> Embed