Atlanta Mexican Foods

CEO

Shift leader

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Atlanta Mexican Foods full-time (less than an year)

Pros

enjoy the people and the employees as long as they are dependable you can have a great team.

Cons

Low salary, how they don't get raises much,no overtime or holiday pay

To increase the salary for their employees and allow some overtime and holiday pay would be awesome

Very high standards, excellent leadership. Good loyalty, integrity and honesty in the people who run the company.

I have been working at Atlanta Mexican Foods full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good culture. Will not settle for sub-standard performance, and rewards those who do their best. Good balance of positive feedback and constructive criticism. Lead-by-example philosophy and lots of communication on performance metrics. Opportunity for individual growth only limited by the individual. Very much a promotion-from-within mentality. Leaders want the teams to have fun while doing a great job for the guests.

Cons

Just the standard cons associated with managing restaurants. Restaurants can be difficult, especially when standards are as high as they are here. This company is not a good fit for someone who wants to run the restaurant mostly from the office. It is important to be on the floor, in position running the restaurant. Schedule requires nights and weekends and holidays, like most restaurants.

Keep promoting from within. Best managers are those who came from within the team. It boosts morale when everyone sees one of their own becoming successful.

Atlanta Mexican Foods Response

May 21, 2014HR & Admin Manager

Thank you very much for your comments! I am pleased to hear that you enjoy your position and look forward to continuing to work alongside you.

The two years I worked there, I hated every bit of it.

Current Employee - Cashier in Dacula, GA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Dacula, GA

I have been working at Atlanta Mexican Foods

Pros

-The fact that it is a job and if you turn out to be good, they will load you up on hours is by far the only pro.

Cons

-I worked there for almost two years and started out as a cashier at $7.25. We were all promised a raise every six months. During the course of those two years, I was moved up to a line worker and then ended up working most aspects of the store. I left the store two years later with an hourly salary of $7.25.
    -The way they treat the employees is horrible. The amount of work they do and the amount they get paid is not worth it at all.
    -There is no real motivation or incentive to do better.
    -They don't recognize the little people that do all the hard work.

Treat your employees right.

Atlanta Mexican Foods Response

May 21, 2014HR & Admin Manager

I am very sorry that you did not have a great experience with our company. While I cannot speak to your individual situation, I can say that pay raises are determined on an individual basis and the ... More

Atlanta Mexican Foods Photos