Atlantic-ACM Reviews

Judy Reed Smith

1. Dynamic work place, challenging projects, world class team

Current Employee - Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Atlantic-ACM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ATLANTIC-ACM's greatest resource is its team. Management places intense focus on the development of the team with frequent industry update seminars, team lunches, and continuous analyst-partner feedback. The incentive scheme is heavily weighted by bonus, allowing those that go the extra mile to be rewarded for their efforts. Other benefits include healthcare, which is entirely covered, and flexible working hours depending on work load.

Cons

The boutique atmosphere lends itself to those that take ownership and welcome responsibility, which is not an environment for all. Looking forward to moving to a new work space.

Mar 24, 2015Partner

Thank you! You are right, this is 100% a learning environment and the partner group strives to create a setting that promotes progressive, upward engagement experiences and overall career mobility ... More

2. An open environment working in an interesting field

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Atlantic-ACM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

An open office environment with immense opportunity to both take on responsibility and learn from others. Management works directly with analyst teams and communication lines are extremely open and collaborative. The generous bonus system and interesting markets of telecom and technology make work very rewarding from both a financial and academic standpoint. Due to the variety of project types that the firm takes on, there is opportunity to be engaged in both quantitative and qualitative consulting experiences, with the added benefit of learning about compelling markets at the same time.

Cons

Structure can be confusing, especially at the onset, but management is going through a process to more clearly define roles, while still keeping the work setting fluid and open.

Feb 16, 2015Partner

Thank you! The partner group has started work on the firm's structure and built a framework that has streamlined roles, responsibilities and promotion criteria. We have also initiated 360 feedback ... More

3. My experience at ATLANTIC-ACM has been extremely rewarding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Atlantic-ACM full-time

Pros

There are a few areas that make ATLANTIC-ACM a standout employer. Primarily, junior members of teams take on greater engagement responsibility when compared to their peers at other firms. With a flat boutique organization, the Partners and Managing Partner are very easily accessible creating extensive learning, development and career mentoring opportunities. There is a huge emphasis on work life balance and management tries to ensure the team is putting in the work to complete an engagement but not getting burned in the process! One of the best perks about the firm is compensation where bonuses tend to be much larger than other consulting firms and investment banks. This is at every level.

Cons

The current office is a little worn out but this seems tobbe changing over the next few months as the firm relocates to accommodate for growth.

Advice to Management

Continue building diversity in types of projects as this will keep teams engaged.

Feb 16, 2015Partner

Thank you! Hopefully we address your concerns with our new office move later this year. With sit/stand desks and plenty of space for collaborative team work we hope the firm will be a fun place to ... More

5. Good company to work for in a fun industry and environment

I have been working at Atlantic-ACM

Pros

Great company with good management team and structure. There is a good atmosphere and a lot of diversity in work. Employees are empowered and valued at every level which is fun and challenging. I have developed numerous skills and competencies during my time at ACM thanks to this empowerment culture. The work/life balance remains good despite the quick take on responsibilities and the compensation and benefits are competitive. Healthcare, for one, is completely covered and bonuses are very rewarding.

Cons

As it has been said in another review. The current offices are a little outdated but this should change in the next few months.

6. Research Analyst

Current Employee - Research Analyst in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Research Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at Atlantic-ACM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

As an analyst I quickly took on considerable responsibility, worked with clients, and created original models and processes. Flexibility in work hours. Something of an entrepreneurial atmosphere as the company explores new areas of research.

Cons

Work hours can be intense near deadlines. Much of the learning is self motivated due to small company size. Limited paid vacation (but opportunities for unpaid vacation).

Feb 16, 2015Partner

Thank you! We are re-visiting our training and development structure this summer and should hopefully come out with something that is more robust. As for work hours, we are trying our best to ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed