Atlantic Aviation

Updated Apr 11, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Lou Pepper

Really Good place to work for

Line Service Technician (Current Employee)
Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Atlantic Aviation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsReally Good Benefits there.Everybody helps out on all tasks.Very Professional crew.Real Team Work

ConsCan't think of any.Dream Job

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the Good Work.Excellent Company to work for.

Good Company

Line Service Technician (Former Employee)

I worked at Atlantic Aviation full-time for more than a year

Pros-Little experince needed to get foot in the door
-Will train you and give you more responsiblity if you are willing to work hard
-Good potential to move up in the company
-Great Health Benifits
-Good Retirement Plan
-Tips from your customers
-Build relationships with regular customers
-Variety of differrent operations keep the job interesting
-The management at my location was great and treated you well

Cons-Corporate management sometimes talked to us Line Techs as if we were children. All but one of my crewmemebrs had Bachelor's Degree's in Aviation and 4 of us were also pilots... So it was a bit insulting when the corporate trainers came in, who knew less about aviation than we did, and would explain how a plane functions.
-Starting pay is low and the work can be demanding
-You work in all the elements which I enjoyed but the extreme heat or extreme cold can get intense and make operations difficult.
-Work can flucuate almost instantly from nothing to running to keep up.

Advice to Senior Management- It would be benificial to have some understanding between the corporate management and the onsite management. Our onsite managers had a lot of pressure put on them when one of our largest customers stopped flying almost completly. Our sales suffered some and our management felt the heat. The problem came from internal problems of our customer's buisness and not us. I feel that some understanding that our management can not magically increase traffic overnight should be recognized.
- Also, I know this is an FBO standard to hire pretty girls for corporate positions and as CSRs but it was painfully obvious why management hired who they hired. We passed up talented people of both sexes for promotions and hirings and gave jobs to quite a few air heads because they have a pretty face. It would be nice to feel that you could get a job based on merit and not based on your looks.

Great Company

Airline Fueler (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Atlantic Aviation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSupervisor and management very personable and willing to help employees

ConsThis location had no growth

Made a network of close business associates

Line Service Technician (Former Employee)
Goleta, CA

I worked at Atlantic Aviation full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat company to work for, able to work outside. I was able to put my customer service techniques to the test serving the 1% Elite of the country. I was able to strive for excellence, when working with customers. Met some Very prominent people of society.

ConsOnly real cons i can think of would be compensation raises were very low.

Great working environment, great foundation...

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Farmingdale, NY

I have been working at Atlantic Aviation full-time for more than a year

ProsLearn the power of multi tasking, exposed to a different aspect of the Aviation industry, great working relationships, laid back but professional working environment. Serves as a great foundation, can be made into a long term career (with time) or a strong stepping stone of a job to build long lasting professional connections with that last!

ConsHaving to deal with the good, bad and the ugly experiences that coincide with private and corporate aviation, working during holidays (as in any other airport).

okay place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Louisville, KY

I worked at Atlantic Aviation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsAtmosphere of the business and great people to work with. Exciting to see the Military aircraft on the ramp and all the new customers visiting the location.

ConsWeather conditions are not always the best. Some of the decision making could be better, should be based on facts and not fiction. Not a clear understanding of how and why some of the decision are made.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

READ THE REVIEWS HR, READ THEM AND TAKE ACTION PLEASE! HELP! S.O.S.!

Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Atlantic Aviation full-time for less than a year

ProsThe line guys are awesome, and some of the front desk csr's are cool. Decent pay, line guys are easy to get a long with and the customers are very friendly 99% of the time.

ConsFAVORITISM, LYING, GOSSIP, GOSSIP, GOSSIP, trying to intimidate, and bad attitude. The management is depressingly terrible and ruins the environment! They don't listen to the employees, all that matters is that fuel is being sold. LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES! I feel it is necessary that HR comes in to this base, sits down with each individual employee privately and lets the employee tell them what really goes on, and pursue with disciplinary action. This specific base is a walking LIABILITY, all it will take is the wrong words or actions to be put upon that one employee who will seek justice through a lawyer and this place will be revamped completely with new management. Wrong words and actions have been put upon employees numerous times and no actions have been taken yet by the company. Just words of advice to save this company money... TALK PRIVATELY TO THE EMPLOYEES, AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT WHAT THEY TELL YOU!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a job that you are able to do the correct way, a job that you can get without pulling strings, and don't try to intimidate your employees. We all see it and just laugh, and laugh, and laugh! Hopefully the company does something about this place.

Customer Service Rep

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Atlantic Aviation full-time for more than a year

ProsThe actual job itself is great and the things you get a chance to learn and do are exciting. Meet some really cool people and can get some really good connections. For the most part you have really awesome co workers.

ConsThe management have no clue what they are doing. Corporate does not recognize the unhappiness of their employees because all they see is money coming in. Favoritism is huge and the people who truly do a great job aren't recognized they are pushed out. There is no real chance to grow within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to acknowledge the people who really care about their job and love what they do. Stop all the favoritism and the harassing of the employees and make it a comfortable work environment for everyone! Would highly recommend corporate to look into this base and see all the shady things they are being done behind closed doors.

Best company to wrk for by far

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Atlantic Aviation full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe company consistently hires from within. They are dedicated to preparing their team for advancement. If you give 110%, the company returns effort.

ConsIt's aviation, if you don't love it, don't do it. It's not a segmentation of the business world where you will get rich quick or easily. There is money to be made but you have to work really hard for it.

Just Run

Commercial Refueler (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

I have been working at Atlantic Aviation full-time for more than a year

ProsBetter alternative to being homeless I guess

ConsManagement are idiots, low pay in hazardous environments, lots of cronyism.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove your heads from your asses and realize that it's the guys doing the work that make the company money.

Worked for Atlantic Aviation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Atlantic Aviation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Atlantic Aviation CEO Lou Pepper. All 21 reviews posted anonymously by Atlantic Aviation employees.