Atlantic City Board of Education

Atlantic City Educators are Thankful for their jobs

Current Employee - Teacher
    Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at Atlantic City Board of Education

Pros

Great opportunity to work with in a diverse atmosphere. You will meet many people (students) from all over the world and have the opportunity to interact with them. Students, no matter where they are from, one thing they have in common; attitude ;) . If you love to teach kids and don't mind dealing with occasional headache students this is the place to work.

Cons

Politics many times trump the interests of the community and students. Sometimes you have people in administrative or teaching positions that you wonder how they were ever qualified to do it. But this isn't unique to Atlantic City. It is probably a common issue in public schools today.

Keep the students first. If you take care of your front line people (teachers, staff, etc) and back up your administrators when they need to deal with chronic disipline problems all will benefit.

I have had a positive experience in working with the staff at a primary school.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlantic City, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlantic City, NJ

I have been working at Atlantic City Board of Education

Pros

It affords me the opportunity to remain in the district. There are new schools currently under construction which open up opportunity for new staff. I may be on the list to work in my profession and interview for another job.

Cons

I have not recieved a review from the staff or ACBOE. However, there are numerous persons on the list to substitute teach and the on call status is at the discretion of the schools individually to use the substitute teacher.

Possibly have a way to use the substitutes most qualified for a position and rotate them weekly to the schools as regular staff.

Worked for Atlantic City Board of Education? Contribute to the Community!