Atlantic Southeast Airlines

3.9

Atlantic Southeast Airlines President and COO Brad Holt
Brad Holt

14 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Fantastic place to work, regret ever leaving. Brad Holt was always around the employees and pleasant!

Former Employee - Materials Supervisor  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Materials Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Atlantic Southeast Airlines full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There were always lots of activities through out the year for employees to participate in!

Cons

Some of the management team were placed in management due to default not because they earned the spot.

Best Job I have ever held

Former Employee - Crew Scheduler  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Crew Scheduler in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Atlantic Southeast Airlines full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I was always busy and I met new friends.

Cons

very stressful and long hours of work.

I would work 10 times harder than I did the first time if i was to ever get my job back!

ASA, now ExpressJet, is a great place to get your career going.

Current Employee - Pilot  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Pilot in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Atlantic Southeast Airlines full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

As a regional, ExpressJet is at the top of the list in terms of market share, safety programs, and overall quality.

Cons

It is still a regional, so it operates at the whim of the major airline partners. This will likely always make it a questionable long-term career choice. It will give you the experience you need to jumpstart your airline career.

Stop comparing your management salaries to other regionals. If you want to get and retain quality managers, you have to pay commensurate with the economy at large, not compete with GoJet. Until you stop "competing" with GoJet, you will be relegated to being effectively the same quality as GoJet.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's been a good journey of personal and professional growth.

Current Employee - Crew Scheduler  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Crew Scheduler in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Atlantic Southeast Airlines full-time for more than a year

Pros

The supervisors and management have a very good "open door" policy. They are always ready and willing to discuss your areas of weakness, as well as recognize your strenths. They do this with the gosl in mind of helping you become the best possible employee. This benefits both the company and the employee.

Cons

It can be very stressful at times and tempers can flare when that happens.

The management needs to take greater steps to to relax the atmosphete and increase employee morale.

Good experience, however initial low pay and very long hours

Current Employee - Pilot  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Pilot in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Atlantic Southeast Airlines

Pros

Good management that's seems to care about the employees. Very competitive pay against other regional's

Cons

Very long hours. You will work until utter exhaustion, with include 5 and six day trips sometimes with only a day off. There will also be days where you fly six flights.

Understand fatigue

All good things must come to an abrupt end!

Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Aircraft Mechanic in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Atlantic Southeast Airlines

Pros

I enjoyed my experience at ASA C-check facility in Macon,GA. The management at that facility knew what they were doing and they treated the employees with respect. The environment was also a great starting place in the company for me as a new mechanic. I learned more there than where I am currently stationed at Atlanta Headquarters. I felt like the Macon out station was more managerially structured for positive advancement. Unfortunately the ATL management thought otherwise and now ASA is suffering because there are not enough mechanics with book knowledge, commonsense knowledge, and hands-on experience with the aircraft fleet.

Cons

As a mechanic at ASA I "currently" would not recommend ASA as a starting point for a new mechanic. We currently have lost more than 50 mechanics in less than 3 months. There are several reasons why but the main reason is managements tyrannical attitude of "we have to do more with less", "just get it done",or "if you don't like how we do things here there's the door". This type of management is not good for a beginning mechanic. It is a hire and fire type of environment with no one willing to train and teach you all the necessary tools to do your job. When one is hired in ATL you will be on the floor for a short period of time (a few months if that) and then you will literally be thrown to the wolves. Almost every mechanic that I know even the ones that have been here for many years are trying to find work outside of this company. The ATL Headquarters has no management structure at all. I and other mechanics have been asked by upper management at several meetings "how to operate this company" because [they] don't know what to do. I'm not getting paid their salary nor is it my responsibility to run the company. I am only responsible for maintaining aircraft not a business. I may sound disgruntled...well I am because I went from an organized structure of ASA to a unorganized structure of ASA that has nothing together at all. It is really sad that ASA has a moronic system of management for its headquarters.

Brad and management (from the lead mechanics to the COO) I want to tell you all this as along as management treat the mechanics like slaves or dogs you will lose so many people you will "never ever" be able to replace them. All I'm asking is that you all stop disrespecting people and pay us more or lower the top out period from 15 years to 7or 8 years. We know you all have money more than $700 million. Stop trying to use ExpressJet as an excuse for not having money dirty moves like that make the mechanics HATE you. We did not need a union for the mechanics but, because you all would not give pay increases or lower the top out years you lost and will continue to lose. If you don't give in soon your contract with Delta will be broken due to low goals. A company full of majority new mechanics is a big mistake something is bound to go wrong. Ask yourselves When will it happen? Why do you think so many are leaving? If you can by a $100 + million dollar company in cash you have money. And another thing the Trax program and parts department are totally in a mess. This inhibits progress when an aircraft needs to leave or be fixed. Being that ATL is ASA headquarters there is no excuse why we should not have every part that goes on the aircraft. If you [buy] the aircraft you should be willing to [have] all the parts needed for it to be fixed at all times PERIOD! No excuses. I could say more but I don't think I have enough room. But, please listen and take this as constructive criticism. You all can do better.

A great airline to begin your airline career.

Former Employee - Flight Attendant  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Atlantic Southeast Airlines

Pros

Flight benefits when we were owned by Delta. Length of Reserve.

Cons

ATL base. Initial pay. Need more part-time positions available. Uniforms.

None

My Opinion Should Count

Current Employee - Flight Attendant  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Atlantic Southeast Airlines

Pros

It's a job! Flexible schedule where the work is not too grueling. Opportunity to meet different people every hour of the day. PPO health, dental, and vision insurance is an option available to employees..

Cons

Unpredictable duty-out times. Penalized for calling out sick when you've accrued the time required. Three or more instances of being out sick during a year leads to grounds for termination. Sick-time accrural cap, where you either use it or lose it. No pay for the yearly sick-time accrued, but not used. As wilth all airlines, you are not getting paid your hourly rate unless you are in the air flying. Receive less than the minimum wage for the non-flying hours while on duty - $1.65 per hour.

Stop the practice of penalizing workers for calling out sick if they have earned the sick time to cover their absence. Rely on the advice of senior line-holding flight attendants when making a decision for their working environment.

Pretty good company

Former Employee - Flight Attendant  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Atlantic Southeast Airlines

Pros

ASA has renegotiated their flight attendant contract since I was with them and I must say that I wish I'd been employed with the company under the new system.

Pay is better, medical insurance and flight benefits are very good. I would venture to say that ASA is probably now one of the top five regionals in the country.

Cons

SInce I'm no longer employed with the company, I can't speak for anything other than my experience from 2006-2008. Back then the scheduling was terrible and reserve lasted for over a year. Also, FAs were slapped with occurrences when tardy (the same penalty for a missed flight) which sucked majorly.

Understand that FAs are the Ambasssedors(sp?) of the company and tread them with respect so that it will trickle down to the passengers.

One of the best Regional Airlines for Dispatchers

Current Employee - Dispatcher  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Dispatcher in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Atlantic Southeast Airlines

Pros

Good pay and benefits
    Union
    All Jet
    Excellent travel benefits
    Great location - Atlanta

Cons

Aggravating sick leave policy
    It is a Regional Airline not a Legacy (better pay and work rules)
    A small layer of management deadwood

Since new management arrived two years ago, the Airline has vastly improved. Hey Upper Management...Keep up the good work!!!! You seem to understand how to lead!!! I'm not used to that from Management...LOL

Worked for Atlantic Southeast Airlines? Contribute to the Community!