Atlantic Tool & Die Reviews

Frank Mehwald

1. I enjoy working for my present employer, but need to pursue my IT career

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Seville, OH
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Seville, OH

I have been working at Atlantic Tool & Die full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good environment, good people, love the work. Same assignments, good management to a point. Company seems to be moving forward.

Cons

Not going anywhere fast, management doesn't listen to no one but management. Too many people trying to be in charge.

Advice to Management

Listen to the workers, things will continue to keep moving forward, so why not try a different approach. Discuss further and future development with workers.

2. Two and done

Current Employee - Weld Technician in Anniston, AL
    Current Employee - Weld Technician in Anniston, AL

I have been working at Atlantic Tool & Die full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Was a good place to work

Cons

sold out to a new company

3. Continue your job hunt unless you are about to be homeless!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seville, OH

Pros

Easy to get hired. Majority of work force is temp labor with a high turnover rate. New employees start almost daily.

Cons

No benefits, vacation or paid holidays for most employees. Job training is almost non-existent. Safety is lacking as the company rarely provides suitable required PPE required.

Advice to Management

Review actual operations to company's mission statement and implement the necessary actions to achieve the company's stated goals.

ATD Skip this employer unless you desperate for a job.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seville, OH

Pros

Easy to get in your foot in the door. ATD will hire almost anyone who is legal to work in the U.S. and is over 18.

Cons

Mandatory overtime and snobby middle-management are the two biggest downfalls this company has. They can also ignore safety guidelines and their equipment can turn dangerous due to lack of proper maintenance.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the temp labor. They are not well equipped for any job there and make too many mistakes.

6. CURRENTLY EMPLOYED AT ATD ALABAMA PLANT 5

Pros

The only pro is that you do get paid THATS IT!!!!

Cons

VERY VERY HARD TO GET TO TALK TO HR. I was promoted to Production support 7 months ago and I've yet to see any king of raise. I go ask HR about the raise and they always put some excuse. Very very bad that they will make me do the Job but they dont want to pay for the job. Also the so called mission statement that ATD claims to live up to is non existent. the parts are poorly made due to lack of proper training of weld techs and production support

Advice to Management

Please dont lie to your customers. If Mercedes or Honda or Takata found out how some of the parts are handled they would drop you as a supplier in no time.

RSS Feed </> Embed