Atlantis Casino Resort Spa

Add Photos

John Farahi

Hard working staff

Food Server (Current Employee) Reno, NV

ProsWorking here I was able to grow through a few different positions. My coworkers and supervisors became my family. They encouraged me to be the best I could and gave me advice along the way.

ConsThe only way to earn enough money to make a living was to work more hours. Due to the standard of the way food servers are scheduled, it was next to impossible to maintain anywhere close to 30 hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward the supervisors and management for their hard work. They deserve a higher pay and would do just about anything for the company. They work insane hours on a low salary.

it's fine

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Reno, NV

Prosmake competitive salary and have a full time job

Consever changing schedule. The schedule is out like two days before the beginning of the week so there is no way to plan anything

It pays the bills

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Reno, NV

Prosi work with good people

ConsLittle Chance of advancement
    Work every holiday and weekend
    Long time before you get benefits
    little performance recognition

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Abandon all hope ye who enter

Manager (Current Employee) Reno, NV

ProsGreat people I work with and most guests are nice... other than that, absolutely nothing.

ConsOne of the worst places I have ever had to work. Public humiliation not part of your job description... think again, it is at the Atlantis... How about getting yelled at in front of guests by the CEO because of a piece of paper on the ground that you didn't have the chance to get to because you are doing your job helping guests... or how about being publicly embarrassed while the CEO yells at you because the men's room is dirty... never mind it isn't even your department or that you haven't even had the chance to use the restroom because you are too busy. How about no raises going into its forth year, but the directors got back their bonuses in 2010.... how about a 37% turn over of employees in one year... and upper management is so clueless that they blame the front line managers who work their butts off for "not integrating new hires into the Atlantis culture better" ... and don't dare complain because all that will happen is you will told that you are lucky to have a job. This place is nothing more than a sweat shop hidden under the guise of an award winning casino resort. They care nothing for their employees and make well known that we are all replaceable. The Atlantis exemplifies what the occupy protests are all about.... this place qualifies for one of the rings in Dante's Inferno.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost of the starting wages are the same as they were in 1994... that was 18 years ago.... share the wealth. The Atlantis prides itself on being great, but falls short of the mark because of the way it treats the people that make them successful... to truly be great you must help employees to rise up, not beat them down by publicly humiliating them. Once a month we go to a meeting to hear how well we are doing... the rest of the time we spend getting beat over the head, thrown under the bus or being intentionally humiliated. We are told not to take it personally, that it is only business... but it is almost always made personal. Just remember... even mighty Rome fell eventually.

Everyone is extremely scared who work there. Job security is horrible.

Waitress (Current Employee) Reno, NV

ProsBusiness is good and tips are wonderful compared to most food and beverage positions in the area. You can really make a lot of money there if you have a good attitude and work hard.

ConsManagement is rough and has a high turnover ratio. Job security is a huge concern among employees. The CEO is near impossible to please and can stress out the employees and management working there at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would recommend taking in consideration how hard some of the employees work and rewarding those who work hard and reinforcing their security in the company.

Not a fun place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Reno, NV

ProsFree lunch and free drink after work

ConsAll managers acted like they were in charge, but no one really was.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe GM needs to enpower the managers to make decisions without her approval.

Premiere Casino in Reno, but horrible work environment

Manager (Current Employee) Reno, NV

ProsI work with many great people. Great restaurants. Great spa. Not downtown.

ConsNo raises in three years even though they are the most profitable property of its kind in the area. Benefits are mediocre at best. Getting tired of hearing and seeing the attitude of "you are lucky to have a job." The attitude of everyone is replaceable does not build a good work environment. A perfect example of how money buys the rights to be a complete ass even at the expense of others both other guests and employees. A total lack of respect from upper management who look down upon managers who pretty much give up any life outside the company to meet their demands. Total lack of communication between the departments. An owner that will fire you on the spot or at the very least berate you even if you are not the one at fault... just in the wrong place at the wrong time. No loyalty to the employee who they expect to give 125% for low pay, mediocre benefits and unpredictable hours. Working short handed is REALLY getting old and when you are asked why you didn't get the job done due to lack of staffing they tell you that you are making excuses. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Upper management totally out of touch with reality.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have set the bar so high for employment here that you are asking entry level positions; ie, busboys what their qualifications are and why they want to work here. We continue to lose employees and cannot replace them because HR has raised the bar so high and made the hiring process so drawn out that they find employment elsewhere before we call them back. Share the wealth! We are the premiere property in Reno and we pay less than hole in the wall casinos. Talk the talk and walk the walk... treat EVERYONE that is employed there with the level of respect that they deserve as a human being... principle number 4: treat others with respect and dignity.. if it doesn't apply to everyone then they are meaningless words. How can you expect to build loyalty in guests when they can see how high the turnover in employees is? The front line workers are the ones that work face to face with the guests and we are expected to put out our best guest service when we are burned out, treated with disrespect and underpaid.

good atmosphere to work in, always busy

Food Server (Current Employee) Reno, NV

Prosthis company provides good quality food and does a good job bringing in guests with their marketing team

Constoo many chiefs, not enough indians

Advice to Senior Managementi have seen a lot of good managers come and go and it's due to a hostile environment for managers... creates low morale

Casino experience

ProsSix month benefits, endless amount of tips, different cultures,

ConsSlow periods, long hours, over booking of hotel

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more relaxed with staff

They edit your timekeeping punches

ProsIt is a job. No other pros.

ConsTimekeeping punches are edited on a regular basis. When payroll / HR is asked about this they will not provide ANY information. The State should get involved!

Worked for Atlantis Casino Resort Spa? Contribute to the Community!