Atlantis Casino Resort Spa

Updated August 18, 2014
Updated August 18, 2014
2.9

John Farahi

great place to jump start a career

Former Employee - Marketing  in  Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Marketing in Reno, NV

I worked at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa full-time for more than a year

Pros

i learned a lot here, working with my very talented boss and the people within my department. I was very shielded from the politics though, which I know helped a lot. If it weren't for them, I would have quit long before. The amount of money that this casino makes is absurd, they should be able to pay their employees better. Although I must say, that when I presented them with my notice, they gave me a title change and a salary match, which was great, but I knew it would be my last raise for a LONG time.

Cons

Not too many perks, you must pay for your own healthcare, 401k has no match. Only "good" thing is free lunch, but you have to eat in the dungeon like basement. Oh, and to thank me for my service for the year, my christmas bonus was a free dinner for myself and someone else at the BUFFET!!!! What a slap in the face!!!

the executive assistant editing/changed my clocked in hours every single week. which i thought was completely illegal and wrong.

also, don't forget that you must work the hot august night event. it is a must across the entire company.

better benefits and perks. management could be a little less antiquated.

Top level management will take care of the hard workers.

Former Employee - Management  in  Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Management in Reno, NV

I worked at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Do your job well and they will take care of you. I had a great experience working for this property. Every CSM is wonderful and they work their tail off.

Cons

Typical casino stuff - Work every weekend, holiday, etc. FYI to others, keeping the place clean is not a negative. Some will get angry when it looks like a mess - not shocking.

None needed

Just ok

I have been working at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The best thing about working here are the hardworking people.

Cons

Underpaid...horribly underpaid. Management will not pay you what you are worth.

Get up to speed with corporate America. Otherwise you will lose more hardworking people.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Atlantis got overly conceited when they became 4 stars diamond. Instead of maintaining and improving their services,

Pros

to be continued, they took away what made them a 4 star diamond.

Cons

They lost their original values.

Need ego evaluation. Minimize foreigners in management.

Hard working staff

Current Employee - Food Server  in  Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Food Server in Reno, NV

I have been working at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working here I was able to grow through a few different positions. My coworkers and supervisors became my family. They encouraged me to be the best I could and gave me advice along the way.

Cons

The only way to earn enough money to make a living was to work more hours. Due to the standard of the way food servers are scheduled, it was next to impossible to maintain anywhere close to 30 hours.

Reward the supervisors and management for their hard work. They deserve a higher pay and would do just about anything for the company. They work insane hours on a low salary.

it's fine

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I have been working at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa

Pros

make competitive salary and have a full time job

Cons

ever changing schedule. The schedule is out like two days before the beginning of the week so there is no way to plan anything

It pays the bills

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I have been working at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa

Pros

i work with good people

Cons

Little Chance of advancement
    Work every holiday and weekend
    Long time before you get benefits
    little performance recognition

Abandon all hope ye who enter

Current Employee - Manager  in  Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Manager in Reno, NV

I have been working at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa

Pros

Great people I work with and most guests are nice... other than that, absolutely nothing.

Cons

One of the worst places I have ever had to work. Public humiliation not part of your job description... think again, it is at the Atlantis... How about getting yelled at in front of guests by the CEO because of a piece of paper on the ground that you didn't have the chance to get to because you are doing your job helping guests... or how about being publicly embarrassed while the CEO yells at you because the men's room is dirty... never mind it isn't even your department or that you haven't even had the chance to use the restroom because you are too busy. How about no raises going into its forth year, but the directors got back their bonuses in 2010.... how about a 37% turn over of employees in one year... and upper management is so clueless that they blame the front line managers who work their butts off for "not integrating new hires into the Atlantis culture better" ... and don't dare complain because all that will happen is you will told that you are lucky to have a job. This place is nothing more than a sweat shop hidden under the guise of an award winning casino resort. They care nothing for their employees and make well known that we are all replaceable. The Atlantis exemplifies what the occupy protests are all about.... this place qualifies for one of the rings in Dante's Inferno.

Most of the starting wages are the same as they were in 1994... that was 18 years ago.... share the wealth. The Atlantis prides itself on being great, but falls short of the mark because of the way it treats the people that make them successful... to truly be great you must help employees to rise up, not beat them down by publicly humiliating them. Once a month we go to a meeting to hear how well we are doing... the rest of the time we spend getting beat over the head, thrown under the bus or being intentionally humiliated. We are told not to take it personally, that it is only business... but it is almost always made personal. Just remember... even mighty Rome fell eventually.

Everyone is extremely scared who work there. Job security is horrible.

Current Employee - Waitress  in  Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Waitress in Reno, NV

I have been working at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa

Pros

Business is good and tips are wonderful compared to most food and beverage positions in the area. You can really make a lot of money there if you have a good attitude and work hard.

Cons

Management is rough and has a high turnover ratio. Job security is a huge concern among employees. The CEO is near impossible to please and can stress out the employees and management working there at times.

I would recommend taking in consideration how hard some of the employees work and rewarding those who work hard and reinforcing their security in the company.

Not a fun place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I worked at Atlantis Casino Resort Spa

Pros

Free lunch and free drink after work

Cons

All managers acted like they were in charge, but no one really was.

The GM needs to enpower the managers to make decisions without her approval.

Worked for Atlantis Casino Resort Spa? Contribute to the Community!