Atlas Copco North America

Employment Status

Reset
2.6
Mark Cohen

Welcoming company that cares about their employees.

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Santa Maria, CA
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Santa Maria, CA

I have been working at Atlas Copco North America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

3 weeks paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, flexible, global opportunities, the freedom to choose your specialty and base your career around it.

Cons

All of the cons I can think of are only nit picking personal ideas that aren't worth complaining about. Poor ventilation in the bathroom.

2. Terrible Business / Hostile workplace

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Elk Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Elk Grove, IL

I have been working at Atlas Copco North America (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay & Benefits comparable

Cons

Low moral ,Constantly short handed ,Office backstabbing/ Politics, Management skirt chasing!! Management in Rock Hill would be disgusted

Advice to Management

Wake up and smell the coffee the ship is sinking right under your noses. Office needs better overall management from top to bottom!!

3. Overall a great company. Poor work/life balance.

I worked at Atlas Copco North America full-time

Pros

Excellent benefits; often rated among the top 3 in the Charlotte, NC area. Good work environment. As a whole, the company does care about its people.

Cons

As with many companies these days, in order to succeed, a significant amount of time and effort must be placed on you career. This can easily lead to a poor work/life balance.

Advice to Management

There needs to be a better understanding of the work your employees actually do. It's ok that the expectations are high, that's part of what makes a company good. But the support given to achieve that was often nonexistent. Which led to many long days, both at work and even at home, order to maintain the high standards. Hence the poor work/life balance. In the end, it was the primary reason I left the company.

5. Great Benefits and financial compensation however the work load in unrealistic.70hr weeks.

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at Atlas Copco North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Atlas Copco is a Global company and the Global mindset is extremely optimistic and mentoring to it's employee. The Tool & Assembly Division operators from a different mindset. Work long hours, weekends, - make minimal to no changes in the process, and expect to maybe one day meet your goals. a typical day would be coming in between 6-7am working through lunch and leaving between 8-9pm at night. Saturday's were a bit shorter, going in at 6am and leaving at 1-2pm. Everyone there is so buried in work that when one person is out sick, or even worse takes a vacation - it really puts that person in a Typically the only work done were the emergencies and one pays a dear price for being off. If you are out one day being sick you can expect to have to come back to over 100 emails.
    ***Atlas Copco defines HIGH PACED and poor planning****. It is what it is, but they make a great product. Just know that going in will be paid well, have great benefits, but you will pay for it in the hours you work and the constant high intensity of stress you are under,

Cons

Assembly Division doesn't walk their talk. There is no CLEAR and DEFINED communication between departments. Each department operates like an individual island pointing fingers at the other one instead of a team, and even within the teams there is dissention.

Advice to Management

Stop doing things the same way and expecting a different result. Sometimes you have to knock a house completely down to it's core, and start over. Their processes need to be COMPLETELY re-done from beginning to end as they are not producing results.

6. One of the better companies I have worked for.

I worked at Atlas Copco North America

Pros

Good office environment, with a high level of diversity. HR department was generally helpful, and tries to maintain a good atmosphere. Benefits are pretty good, too. Ethics and accountability are a core part of the culture.

Cons

Some communication from management was inconsistent, and pay could be more competitive. IT technical support did not always resolve problems adequately.

7. Atlas Copco Houston Product Company

Current Employee - Buyer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Buyer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Atlas Copco North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employee diversity is excellent. Facility is state-of-the-art.

Cons

Generalized lack of commitment to individual and interdepartmental responsibilities.

8. Very unbalanced , unfair supervisors

Current Employee - Service Planner in Reading, PA
    Current Employee - Service Planner in Reading, PA

I have been working at Atlas Copco North America

Pros

pay was good and benefits, that's it

Cons

Poor management, not enough knowledge or tools

Advice to Management

Listen to the employee when there is a issue, not a one sided office manager

9. Not very good, management doesn't trust it's employees at all

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Atlas Copco North America

Pros

Good products and multinational presence to support other functions. Good product line

Cons

Management doesn't trust on it's employees. Alot of talking about values and transparency but no commitment by the management. No respect of for their employees at all. Give unrealistic target dates to their employees

Advice to Management

They need to stop micro managing their business and start trusting their people

10. ATLAS COPCO SHOULD BE A MORE COMPETITIVE COMPANY WITH IT'S EMPLOYEES.

Current Employee - ATLAS COPCO NSC in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - ATLAS COPCO NSC in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Atlas Copco North America

Pros

ATLAS COPCO HAS SOME OF THE MOST UP TO DATE EQUIPMENT AND IS PRETTY WELL ORGANIZED.

Cons

TONS OF MULTI-TASKING FOR VERY LOW PAY. BAD SHIFT HOURS.

Advice to Management

EMPLOYEES ARE VERY UPSET WITH WAGES. PEOPLE SHOULD GET PAID FOR ALL THE TRAINING THEY HAVE LEARNED. IT WILL BE HARD FOR YOU TO KEEP YOUR PRODUCTIVE WORKERS IF SOMETHING DON'T CHANGE.

11. I have been satisfied with Atlas. I was offered a remote position with my old company, turned it down.

Current Employee - Field Service Tech in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Field Service Tech in Houston, TX

I have been working at Atlas Copco North America

Pros

The pay is better than my former company. I have received a raise before my first year and a good bonus this year. When I have needed to be off they had no problems with me taking off.

Cons

Some days I work long hours and I work in all types of weather,

RSS Feed </> Embed