Atlas Copco

Updated December 14, 2014
3.9

Atlas Copco President & CEO Ronnie Leten
Ronnie Leten

Pros
  • Good work/life balance and good opportunities to work abroad (in 4 reviews)

• Rich work culture,stable management,freedom at work,Strong support from seniors (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is unprofessional (in 4 reviews)

• Compensation package without car except senior management (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Bold, Innovative, Good Company

I have been working at Atlas Copco

Pros

Innovative, 140 year history, stable, lots of smart people

Cons

none yet, will update at some point?

Good Place to work

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Atlas Copco full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good place to work, great benefits, good salary. As long as you respond and take care of customers, management stays off your back

Cons

Lack of communication in some areas, but for the most part it is minimal and related to internal emails.

Good company bad management

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Atlas Copco full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Atlas Copco makes a outstanding product. The ability to look up on their Computer System passed product was the best I've ever used.

Cons

Atlas Copco has a very poor training program with little interest in seeing their employees succeed. I work for five different companies this is the worst company I have ever worked for.

Life is too short to work for company that is managed in their current system. Expect in your employees to work 12 to 14 hours a day 6 to 7 days a week is an incomprehensible.

Great, for awhile...

I worked at Atlas Copco (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Gained lots of experience and knowledge.

Cons

Many inefficiencies. Poor management. Lack of stable supervisors. Upper management is unprofessional.

Upper management needs to learn professionalism. Make sure the people you hire and put in positions are the correct people. Eliminate the unprofessional and inappropriate relationships starting with upper level management.

The definition of a corporation

Current Employee - Field Service Technician
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician

I have been working at Atlas Copco full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits and decent pay. Very good opportunities and global security. I also have an excellent boss.

Cons

Major communication issues between the different levels of the totem pole.

Focus on what would give better results as to the quality and flow of the job rather than focusing on streamlining everything for efficiency.

Good employer - Roanoke, VA

Former Employee - Test Engineer in Roanoke, VA
    Former Employee - Test Engineer in Roanoke, VA

I worked at Atlas Copco full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, good pay, good group of coworkers, corporate layoff included severance package (they made getting laid off as soft as it could be), a lot of hands on experience is available

Cons

Stale atmosphere with little to no team building beyond work tasks, safety is sometimes a concern due to the nature of the work, you will have to wear many hats to get the job done

Good Company with Good Benefits

I have been working at Atlas Copco full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company offers great medical, retirement, and vacation benefits. The job is not hard to do and it's pretty easy to learn the process. Some of the managers are great people and understand and care for you.

Cons

Lack of communication between the managers and employees. Sometimes work can get a bit boring depending on the position you have.

Great if you are willing to go with the flow and not voice your oppinion

I worked at Atlas Copco full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great medical benefits, no where else compares. They have employee and family events that other companies don't spend the money on any more.

They are trying to move to a "customer focused" organization.

Lots of training opportunities available and employees are required to complete 40 hrs every year.

Cons

Compensation is lower than other places. There is a lot of talk about the ability to move within the company, however there are few opportunities and very few chances are given to move around unless a "newly created" position becomes available.

Morale is very low resulting in a high turn over rate.

Processes are extremely manually and they don't seem to want to change them. There isn't a formal change review process or a standard place to really see all of the processes you need to follow. Something can be mentioned in passing by management and that puts the change in place. Whenever a new person comes on board and questions why the manual effort is there, they are immediately black balled. I have heard it more than once "Why does everyone want to come in an change our processes?" The answer is that there is a better way to do things, however, unless you are one of the chosen few your opinion doesn't count.

Actually make changes. Stop saying we are going to change to make things better. Actually do something. Use your new people as a sounding board to make the changes and listen to them. Stop relying on people who have been around for 10 years to make your changes.

Get ready....

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at Atlas Copco full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay, good vacation, no consequences from actions or lack thereof.

Cons

No consequences from actions. Truly unrealistic expectations from management. Not enough time to properly and fully complete tasks. A lot of direction with little explanation. A truly cynical culture that will bring the most optimistic people down. There is no "engineering" to be done on the shop floor, you chase parts in a chaotic, disorganized warehouse. Stay away unless you want to work in a "job shop" setting.

Slow down and do it correctly instead of shooting from the hip and hoping you get it right. Quit worrying about making things "look good" for management tours and maybe try to work on truly honing in processes to make the numbers speak for themselves.

My experience at Atlas Copco was up and down.

Current Employee - Cycle Counter in Garland, TX
    Current Employee - Cycle Counter in Garland, TX

I have been working at Atlas Copco full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best thing about Atlas was above average compensation, and the benefits were great. I believe the benefits were better than the compensation.

Cons

The business tends to lay off every four or five years. Most of the lay off is from production, not the office jobs. I we laid off twice from 2008-2013, up and down business market.

Be up front with production

Atlas Copco Photos