Atlas Copco

www.atlascopco.com

Atlas Copco Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Atlas Copco – Belgium – “Visiting an asssembly line”

Atlas Copco President & CEO Ronnie Leten

Ronnie Leten

Pros
  • Always a good work/life balance (Swedish style)(in 3 reviews)

• It is a global company that lets their younger recruits grow(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Compensation package without car except senior management(in 3 reviews)

• lot of work pressure and though upper management(in 3 reviews)

Good company, lousy employees & business line managers (Malaysia) - SHOCKING!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Shah Alam (Malaysia)

ProsVery knowledgeable, smart General Manager

ConsOld timers are suffering from serious attitude problems. Feeling that they're untouchables. Getting simple things done is like signing a war treaty. Lack of ownership and EVERYONE seems to practice CYA methodology. Old fashion with endless paper trial. Most biz line managers are a hopeless bunch. Unprofessional, unethical, horrible English speaking and have zero people skill. Company may be more successful with better leaders...

Advice to Senior ManagementAll the best, hopefully

A Company, with "HIRE & FIRE" as Motto.

Manager, Special Project (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsA Product company, good growth potential through internal job market. Compensation is good and not the best in market.

ConsZero work culture, no technical knowledge, wrong persons at position, not a Talent attracting company, needs only average people, not performers.

Advice to Senior ManagementNurture and Raise Talent. Recognition of Result-orientated people and encourage them!

OK is some respect, but very bias in other, poor office management

Service Planner (Former Employee) Reading, PA

ProsIt was a nice place to work as far as beneifits and my fellow slaves were Ok to work with.

ConsUpper management in the home office needs to take a closer look at the supervisors and office managers that put in charge in these remote offices. Alot of favortism is played by the office manager in Reading. Lies to cover her butt. Will not take respsonsibility to address a situation that is happening in the office.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should be fair and open minded when there is an issue. Especially when a salesman lies about you and does not do his job and admits that he will make your life hell. Even customers complained about this salesman and I was told to "fix it". When an employee comes to you with proof and issues, do not dismiss the employee who is trying to communicate with you. After 12 years of employment with Atlas Copco, I was thrown out because the Reading office manager did not like me being honest about the salesman and his games. She knew it, but since she is personal friends with him I got canned, And upper management in Rock Hill would not listen or talk to me.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company if you land the right manager

Accountant (Former Employee) Rock Hill, SC

ProsTechnology up to date
    Multi mational

ConsSome horrible managers from Europe. No cultural training provided to them.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide managers you bring from overseas with training on the cultures of the countries you are sending them to.

Great if you are willing to go with the flow and not voice your oppinion

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat medical benefits, no where else compares. They have employee and family events that other companies don't spend the money on any more.

They are trying to move to a "customer focused" organization.

Lots of training opportunities available and employees are required to complete 40 hrs every year.

ConsCompensation is lower than other places. There is a lot of talk about the ability to move within the company, however there are few opportunities and very few chances are given to move around unless a "newly created" position becomes available.

Morale is very low resulting in a high turn over rate.

Processes are extremely manually and they don't seem to want to change them. There isn't a formal change review process or a standard place to really see all of the processes you need to follow. Something can be mentioned in passing by management and that puts the change in place. Whenever a new person comes on board and questions why the manual effort is there, they are immediately black balled. I have heard it more than once "Why does everyone want to come in an change our processes?" The answer is that there is a better way to do things, however, unless you are one of the chosen few your opinion doesn't count.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually make changes. Stop saying we are going to change to make things better. Actually do something. Use your new people as a sounding board to make the changes and listen to them. Stop relying on people who have been around for 10 years to make your changes.

Get ready....

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Rock Hill, SC

ProsGood pay, good vacation, no consequences from actions or lack thereof.

ConsNo consequences from actions. Truly unrealistic expectations from management. Not enough time to properly and fully complete tasks. A lot of direction with little explanation. A truly cynical culture that will bring the most optimistic people down. There is no "engineering" to be done on the shop floor, you chase parts in a chaotic, disorganized warehouse. Stay away unless you want to work in a "job shop" setting.

Advice to Senior ManagementSlow down and do it correctly instead of shooting from the hip and hoping you get it right. Quit worrying about making things "look good" for management tours and maybe try to work on truly honing in processes to make the numbers speak for themselves.

big corporations and design don't match

Interaction Designer (Current Employee) Örebro (Sweden)

Prosnice people, work benefits such as holidays and parental leaves, job security

Conssuper engineering oriented, no design thinking approach, slow pace, no creative work, no appreciation for design,factory work hours

Advice to Senior Managementbe more flexible

Euro-nating on American compressor biz - by 10 year AC veteran

Regional Manager/Customer Center Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Prosgood products, good marketing, good sales tools

ConsInjected management with European transplants, have lost recognizing all the great people who have built their position in the US. Moving up has become very political and not performance based. Lost their way in the US.

Advice to Senior ManagementLose the Euro mentality and the micro-management of top performers. Focus on building a cohesive team and not just on the bottom line.

Great company with great products. Very poor Senior management from Sweden and Belgium.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood company with a lot of history.Good products that have a good reputation.

ConsBad management at high level. Only "friends" are "liked" and promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange some managers

Good place but incompetent upper management

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsHelpful atmosphere, excellent benefit package, some nice people, opportunity to advance, interesting job with some high pressure situations which I liked.

ConsConfused upper management. When the recession hit, it hit Atlas Copco Construction and mining Canada harder than most companies. It was because of the bloated, incompetant management that got very sloppy and lazy in their jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to look ahead and don't get lazy. Your sloppy handling and bloated benefits to yourselves caused the head office to come in slash the company workforce in half.

Worked for Atlas Copco? Contribute to the Community!