Atlas Copco

www.atlascopco.com

Atlas Copco Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Atlas Copco – Belgium – “Visiting an asssembly line”

Atlas Copco – Belgium – “Visiting an asssembly line”

Atlas Copco President & CEO Ronnie Leten

Ronnie Leten

Pros
  • Always a good work/life balance (Swedish style) (in 3 reviews)

• It is a global company that lets their younger recruits grow (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Compensation package without car except senior management (in 3 reviews)

• lot of work pressure and though upper management (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Good employer - Roanoke, VA

Test Engineer (Former Employee) Roanoke, VA

ProsGood benefits, good pay, good group of coworkers, corporate layoff included severance package (they made getting laid off as soft as it could be), a lot of hands on experience is available

ConsStale atmosphere with little to no team building beyond work tasks, safety is sometimes a concern due to the nature of the work, you will have to wear many hats to get the job done

Work Work Work Work ....target ....shortfall, forecast, action plan...Money minded people

Sales Engineer (Former Employee) Coimbatore (India)

ProsSystematic work culture...Job secure....If u r top performer you can go anywhere in the world

ConsMoney minded people....only focus in ur work cant diver in personal iissues

Advice to Senior Managementsalary revision for internal employees....

Best company to work

Engineer (Current Employee) Nāsik (India)

ProsGood work culture,less work pressure,good encouragement from top management

ConsCompensation is good,Training is good

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good employee

Method Engineer (Former Employee) Wilrijk (Belgium)

ProsThe pay for engineers is really satisfying for graduates. Nice atmosphere in a relaxing environment. Extra benefits are provided like pension plan and discounts at several stores and clubs. Good career opportunities.

ConsBecause the big organization structure, sometimes it's hard to get things done. Sometimes the work can be repetitive and less interesting or satisfying.

Great if you are willing to go with the flow and not voice your oppinion

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat medical benefits, no where else compares. They have employee and family events that other companies don't spend the money on any more.

They are trying to move to a "customer focused" organization.

Lots of training opportunities available and employees are required to complete 40 hrs every year.

ConsCompensation is lower than other places. There is a lot of talk about the ability to move within the company, however there are few opportunities and very few chances are given to move around unless a "newly created" position becomes available.

Morale is very low resulting in a high turn over rate.

Processes are extremely manually and they don't seem to want to change them. There isn't a formal change review process or a standard place to really see all of the processes you need to follow. Something can be mentioned in passing by management and that puts the change in place. Whenever a new person comes on board and questions why the manual effort is there, they are immediately black balled. I have heard it more than once "Why does everyone want to come in an change our processes?" The answer is that there is a better way to do things, however, unless you are one of the chosen few your opinion doesn't count.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually make changes. Stop saying we are going to change to make things better. Actually do something. Use your new people as a sounding board to make the changes and listen to them. Stop relying on people who have been around for 10 years to make your changes.

Great

Managing Director (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGood Culture. Good sustainability. Great personnel

ConsNothing that comes to mind or is relevant

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue as is for the future. Strong organization and improvement ethic

Get ready....

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Rock Hill, SC

ProsGood pay, good vacation, no consequences from actions or lack thereof.

ConsNo consequences from actions. Truly unrealistic expectations from management. Not enough time to properly and fully complete tasks. A lot of direction with little explanation. A truly cynical culture that will bring the most optimistic people down. There is no "engineering" to be done on the shop floor, you chase parts in a chaotic, disorganized warehouse. Stay away unless you want to work in a "job shop" setting.

Advice to Senior ManagementSlow down and do it correctly instead of shooting from the hip and hoping you get it right. Quit worrying about making things "look good" for management tours and maybe try to work on truly honing in processes to make the numbers speak for themselves.

The experience at Atlas Copco was wonderfull

Flow Team Manager (Former Employee) Pune (India)

ProsGlobal exposure within months of joining

ConsThe job is very much routine work with less challenges

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be more interaction between top management and employees

Good Company with Good Benefits

ProsThe company offers great medical, retirement, and vacation benefits. The job is not hard to do and it's pretty easy to learn the process. Some of the managers are great people and understand and care for you.

ConsLack of communication between the managers and employees. Sometimes work can get a bit boring depending on the position you have.

My experience at Atlas Copco was up and down.

Cycle Counter (Current Employee) Garland, TX

ProsThe best thing about Atlas was above average compensation, and the benefits were great. I believe the benefits were better than the compensation.

ConsThe business tends to lay off every four or five years. Most of the lay off is from production, not the office jobs. I we laid off twice from 2008-2013, up and down business market.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe up front with production

Worked for Atlas Copco? Contribute to the Community!