Atlas Copco Reviews

Updated September 11, 2014
3.9

Atlas Copco President & CEO Ronnie Leten
Ronnie Leten

Pros
  • Always a good work/life balance (Swedish style) (in 3 reviews)

• It is a global company that lets their younger recruits grow (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Compensation package without car except senior management (in 3 reviews)

• lot of work pressure and though upper management (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Mismanaged

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Atlas Copco

Pros

Good product offering, Full product line

Cons

incompetent and very arrogant management

Have some respect for your employees. You think AirPower is arrogant but really the problem is you!

work work work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Garland, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX

I have been working at Atlas Copco

Pros

Good insurance, people are ok, buy you dinner if you work late,

Cons

If you are saleried you will work long hours.

you must focus on your peoples work life balance. If you do this your company will grow and be more profitable.

Review

I worked at Atlas Copco

Pros

Large company with many possible opportunities. Management changes quite frequently mostly ex pats. Good product and services. Good employees and benefits.

Cons

Change in management causes instability and uncertainty. Poor senior management, mainly ex pats trying to make name so they can move on.

Management does not provide leadership, mentoring or coaching. Too much back stabbing going on. Employees are not treated as a Team.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place but incompetent upper management

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Atlas Copco

Pros

Helpful atmosphere, excellent benefit package, some nice people, opportunity to advance, interesting job with some high pressure situations which I liked.

Cons

Confused upper management. When the recession hit, it hit Atlas Copco Construction and mining Canada harder than most companies. It was because of the bloated, incompetant management that got very sloppy and lazy in their jobs.

Try to look ahead and don't get lazy. Your sloppy handling and bloated benefits to yourselves caused the head office to come in slash the company workforce in half.

It was a great learning experience.

Former Employee - Accounting Intern  in  Garland, TX
    Former Employee - Accounting Intern in Garland, TX

I worked at Atlas Copco

Pros

People are friendly.
    Close and open working environment.
    As an intern, I was allowed to work with and learn from the controller and other management.

Cons

There is gossip about promotions.
    There are not many downsides, as I was only an intern. Perhaps the location of the Garland branch.

I think it is important to always maintain strong relationships with employees. I think the management are doing a fine job.

A global company with room for advancement if you desire it.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Schertz, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schertz, TX

I worked at Atlas Copco

Pros

Best reasons to work at Atlas Copco: Global company with room for professional growth, excellent 401K program, good benefits, company will request employee feedback,

Cons

Being a large company with several locations throughout the world, senior management made a decision after acquiring Dynapac to shut down the assembly plant, therefore resulting in several people losing their jobs. Salary paid was also on the low side of the scale in comparison to other manufacturing companies in the same area.

Just OK, Paid the Bills

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Garland, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX

I worked at Atlas Copco

Pros

Vacation, Benefits
    Got vacation up front, did not have to wait for accrual

Cons

Manager, favoritism
    Performance evaluation on appearance not performance

Listen to employees, reward good work

Great company if you land the right manager

Former Employee - Accountant  in  Rock Hill, SC
    Former Employee - Accountant in Rock Hill, SC

I worked at Atlas Copco

Pros

Technology up to date
    Multi mational

Cons

Some horrible managers from Europe. No cultural training provided to them.

Provide managers you bring from overseas with training on the cultures of the countries you are sending them to.

Professionally rewarding company to have worked for.

I worked at Atlas Copco

Pros

Being a global company you are afforded opportunities to meet and work with colleagues from many different cultures throughout the world.

Cons

Not all management is sufficiently trained or knowledgeable in the required disciplines. Many lack cultural sensitivity training which on occasion leads to poor decisions that can adversely affect the company.

Additional emphasis needs to be placed on the retention of talented employees. This emphasis needs to be translated to all company levels. To accomplish this standardized mandatory training in identifying and growing Atlas Copco's high potentials should be considered.

Love working for a Swedish company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Nacka, Stockholm (Sweden)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nacka, Stockholm (Sweden)

I have been working at Atlas Copco

Pros

Most importantly I love people that I work with. They are very nice and we have a lot of fun together. People are very polite, respectful and the company has a very relaxing atmosphere. I discovered that I love working for a Swedish company. The work and life balance is quite good. People are able to take time off or longer lunch when needed for personal needs, exercising, or even shopping. Many coworkers are very into sports, running, tennis, etc. The company promotes the healthy lifestyle for sure. It is also great to work for such a big and international company because one is able to relocate to another country, if wanted. Some positions give opportunity to travel to another countries. It is also nice to work with people from all over the world. The company is quite international even in the Swedish headquarters. Actually, in the headquarters, it is common to hear English in hallways and elevators. Oh and the best part is fikas, of course! Or in English, the coffee breaks with a dessert!

Cons

I don't really have many complaints besides general ones to the Swedish society as a whole. Swedes can be quite reserved sometimes. The feedback is not always given and the promotions are not that clear. But salaries are competitive to what other companies offer, so I cannot complain about that. Perhaps I am a bit disappointed with the food served in the company's newly opened restaurant/buffet. It could be better. The good part is that eating with the rest of headquarters you can get to meet basically anyone, even CFO.

Continue doing what you are doing. It works!

Worked for Atlas Copco? Contribute to the Community!