Atlas Reviews

Updated April 9, 2015
10 reviews filtered by
2.5
CEO

1. Educational challenging, doing the right thing for the environment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Narberth, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Narberth, PA

I have been working at Atlas (More than 10 years)

Pros

You are always learning healthy ways too improve the world that we live in & teaching others this responsibility.

Cons

Hard work learning new products that will be environmentally better. Convincing others to do the right thing is hard.

Advice to Management

There's always a lot of follow up and one needs to always be knowledgeable on all levels in order to be effective. You better know your products.

2. Bad culture.

Former Employee - Accounting Clerk in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Accounting Clerk in Seattle, WA

I worked at Atlas

Pros

Some experience is better than none.

Cons

Culture is absolutely terrible. I was treated really bad, than one day I got told that they no longer need me then next day.

3. Don't makes waves

Former Contractor - Contractor in Blue Bell, PA
    Former Contractor - Contractor in Blue Bell, PA

I worked at Atlas as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

* Placement was quick.
    * They stay out of your way and let you work for the client.
    * Renewal, or next contract, usually flowed easily, though getting solid information was difficult. To be fair, that may have been the client's issue rather than Atlas.

Cons

* No paid time off for contractors.
    * Benefits package was much too expensive for what you received.
    * Training? What training?
    * Raises? What raises?

Others here nailed it. You are glorified temp. Ask about getting anything more, and you'll find your contract might not be extended.

Advice to Management

Invest in your people! Atlas made $$ every hour that I made $$ for years. There was no career advice, only two half-days of training (a one-shot deal). Even the annual xmas gatherings dried up.

5. Avoid

Former Contractor - EDiscovery Analyst in Rahway, NJ
    Former Contractor - EDiscovery Analyst in Rahway, NJ

I worked at Atlas as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Almost anyone can get a job here. Low stress environment

Cons

nervous management, little to no chance of promotions, severely underpaid compared to national average (17$ P/hr) compared to 65K national avg. Everyone is a contractor. If you get fired someone will be in your seat the next day. Turn over rate is unheard of. Little value in their employees. Just another worker bee. Give you specific work to justify your 17$ an hour but nothing more, however move you around alot to cross train you so you could technically have been paid at 65k a year.

Advice to Management

Value your employees. # of bodies arent everything. Contractors don't care about the company like real employees do.

6. It paid the bills.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Atlas

Pros

Quick placement, but after that, you are on your own.

Cons

Second day on the job, I realized the recruiter had no idea what the position I was recruited for entailed. After that initial contact, no help from atlas whatsoever on anything! Worst part is, along with the company that they recruited for, they found a loophole where they kept you as a contractor for years! No benefits, no sick days, no time off, nothing for years and years. They cross train you on everything at that company, but then keep you at the same pay rate. It paid the bills, but sometimes even that was not worth the stress of it all. Biggest turn over rate I ever encountered!

Advice to Management

In today's world, technology makes it very easier to expose unhealthy and unrewarding work environments. Please realize that you are dealing with people and not animals. If it weren't for them, you would not be in business. Listen to the complaints of your consultants. Something is clearly wrong if more than one person is saying the same thing.

7. Young company doing all the right things to make a name for itself.

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Westfield, NJ
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Westfield, NJ

I have been working at Atlas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

inviting environment, good potential, very professional, great management.

Cons

newer company still establishing the recruiting system and seeking more clients.

Advice to Management

more emphasis on bringing in more clients.

8. .NET Developer Contractor in NJ

Former Employee - .NET Developer in Rahway, NJ
    Former Employee - .NET Developer in Rahway, NJ

I worked at Atlas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The interview process and placement were handled well and I was placed in a position very quickly.

Cons

The job was a bit different than what was discussed with the recruiter. Once I started the job, I never again heard from my recruiter. None of my calls or emails were returned. Work conditions were horrible in the department I worked in and Atlas did nothing about it. 99% of the ~40 contractors were unhappy working for Atlas.

Advice to Management

None

9. A great place to work!

I have been working at Atlas (More than 10 years)

Pros

Atlas has an innovative approach to managing its internal employees and consultants. Everyone is treated with respect and dignity, and Atlas' flexibility allows for the company to create unique ways to cater to employees' needs. I have worked for Atlas for eleven years and have felt like part of the team since day one. The opportunities to grow and further my career at Atlas have been many, and I appreciate the chance to be part of a dynamic team.

Cons

The office space is restrictive for a company that is growing and will continue to grow. However, I know that ownership is addressing more professional office space, and we will be relocating soon.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging the recruiting model and stay flexible to allow for navigation of changing market conditions.

10. Glorified Temp Agency

Current Employee - Glorified Temp in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Glorified Temp in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Atlas part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really no pros here. Nothing to say here.

Cons

Atlas Data is not a real consulting firm. More like a glorified temp agency. Wait until you see their corporate office. The office was dirty. Not a professional organization. No methodology or structure regarding how they manage their engagements.

Advice to Management

None

11. Mid-sized Recruiting Firm

Former Employee - EDiscoverry Analyst in Rahway, NJ
    Former Employee - EDiscoverry Analyst in Rahway, NJ

I worked at Atlas full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Quick placement. They leave you alone to do the job with the company where you are placed and don't offer much help after that.

Cons

There really isn't any interaction with them after being placed. They offered some training programs which was nice. Professional attitude.