Atlas Reviews

CEO

1. Great company to work for

Current Employee - Staffing Specialist
    Current Employee - Staffing Specialist

I have been working at Atlas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced environment
    Room to grow/progress up the ranks
    Very helpful/talented colleagues and upper management
    Competitive commission plan
    Decent benefits

Cons

Pay bands
    Metric system is a little unrealistic (metrics can be detrimental to success)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. A fun/friendly/competitive atmosphere that actually makes you want to go to work is a very difficult thing to achieve (and you have).

2. technical writer

I worked at Atlas full-time

Pros

Organized company with wordwide holdings recently merged with Polar cargo air

Cons

Stuffy environment. only management gets any bonuses. Manager of records keeping is there for over 10+ years and is one of the most rude and incapable manager I have ever encountered. Leaves at 3 in the afternoon and gets in at 10 am

Advice to Management

train and oversee the management styles of your directors to ensure that employees are treated fairly.

3. Educational challenging, doing the right thing for the environment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Narberth, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Narberth, PA

I have been working at Atlas (More than 10 years)

Pros

You are always learning healthy ways too improve the world that we live in & teaching others this responsibility.

Cons

Hard work learning new products that will be environmentally better. Convincing others to do the right thing is hard.

Advice to Management

There's always a lot of follow up and one needs to always be knowledgeable on all levels in order to be effective. You better know your products.

5. Bad culture.

Former Employee - Accounting Clerk in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Accounting Clerk in Seattle, WA

I worked at Atlas

Pros

Some experience is better than none.

Cons

Culture is absolutely terrible. I was treated really bad, than one day I got told that they no longer need me then next day.

6. It paid the bills.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Atlas

Pros

Quick placement, but after that, you are on your own.

Cons

Second day on the job, I realized the recruiter had no idea what the position I was recruited for entailed. After that initial contact, no help from atlas whatsoever on anything! Worst part is, along with the company that they recruited for, they found a loophole where they kept you as a contractor for years! No benefits, no sick days, no time off, nothing for years and years. They cross train you on everything at that company, but then keep you at the same pay rate. It paid the bills, but sometimes even that was not worth the stress of it all. Biggest turn over rate I ever encountered!

Advice to Management

In today's world, technology makes it very easier to expose unhealthy and unrewarding work environments. Please realize that you are dealing with people and not animals. If it weren't for them, you would not be in business. Listen to the complaints of your consultants. Something is clearly wrong if more than one person is saying the same thing.

7. Young company doing all the right things to make a name for itself.

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Westfield, NJ
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Westfield, NJ

I have been working at Atlas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

inviting environment, good potential, very professional, great management.

Cons

newer company still establishing the recruiting system and seeking more clients.

Advice to Management

more emphasis on bringing in more clients.

8. .NET Developer Contractor in NJ

Former Employee - .NET Developer in Rahway, NJ
    Former Employee - .NET Developer in Rahway, NJ

I worked at Atlas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The interview process and placement were handled well and I was placed in a position very quickly.

Cons

The job was a bit different than what was discussed with the recruiter. Once I started the job, I never again heard from my recruiter. None of my calls or emails were returned. Work conditions were horrible in the department I worked in and Atlas did nothing about it. 99% of the ~40 contractors were unhappy working for Atlas.

Advice to Management

None

9. A great place to work!

I have been working at Atlas (More than 10 years)

Pros

Atlas has an innovative approach to managing its internal employees and consultants. Everyone is treated with respect and dignity, and Atlas' flexibility allows for the company to create unique ways to cater to employees' needs. I have worked for Atlas for eleven years and have felt like part of the team since day one. The opportunities to grow and further my career at Atlas have been many, and I appreciate the chance to be part of a dynamic team.

Cons

The office space is restrictive for a company that is growing and will continue to grow. However, I know that ownership is addressing more professional office space, and we will be relocating soon.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging the recruiting model and stay flexible to allow for navigation of changing market conditions.

10. Glorified Temp Agency

Current Employee - Glorified Temp in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Glorified Temp in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Atlas part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really no pros here. Nothing to say here.

Cons

Atlas Data is not a real consulting firm. More like a glorified temp agency. Wait until you see their corporate office. The office was dirty. Not a professional organization. No methodology or structure regarding how they manage their engagements.

Advice to Management

None

11. Mid-sized Recruiting Firm

Former Employee - EDiscoverry Analyst in Rahway, NJ
    Former Employee - EDiscoverry Analyst in Rahway, NJ

I worked at Atlas full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Quick placement. They leave you alone to do the job with the company where you are placed and don't offer much help after that.

Cons

There really isn't any interaction with them after being placed. They offered some training programs which was nice. Professional attitude.

RSS Feed </> Embed