Atlas Van Lines

www.atlasvanlines.com

Atlas Van Lines Reviews

Updated Jun 11, 2014

Glen E. Dunkerson

World Headquarters is a great place to work!!!

Operations (Former Employee) Evansville, IN

ProsLaid back but professional atmosphere...

ConsCommunication can be lacking at times but that is common with most large companies

Worsening over time No Future, lack of forward vision.

Owner Operator (Former Employee) Evansville, IN

ProsNot much, owners do not care about the corporation.

ConsNot much, no pay increase to outside contractors.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up before it gets worse.

Not too many expectations

Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsFull-Time and the people there were outgoing

ConsNo opportunities, and not much of a positive attitude

Advice to Senior ManagementGive reason to work harder and exhibit professionalism

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Garbage

ProsGood Tips, Opportunity for hours.

ConsAtlas and it's agents treat employees like garbage. Work us to death, with no encouragement or real incentive to go the extra mile.

Packer/assistant mover

Mover/Packer (Former Employee) Fayetteville, NC

ProsThe pay is great, you get to travel alot and workers are friendly.

ConsWork load depends on the load of the trucker you are packing for.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay the truckers on time so they can pay the workers on time.

These guys were the worst

Mover (Former Employee) Moorestown, NJ

ProsTips from Customers helped make ends meet.

ConsThe boss actually asked what tips we made and deducted it from our pay!
    We never got good directions. No matter what went wrong, we were blamed. The customers were lied to, given bad estimates and made to believe the movers were thieves...we walked in with 2 strikes against us...at the end of the day we returned to a horrible office environment. To a boss we made richer than rich

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect. Run your business like a business, not like the tv image that people have of the moving industry. Give truthful fair estimates and pay your employees a decent wage.

local representitive

Claims (Former Employee) Spokane, WA

ProsThere are some great people to work with and opportunities to learn about the industry. The nature of the work makes it so that not every day is the same thing over and over.

ConsThere was a very high turnover. People in the office who had been there a while were defensive of their work. There was little loyalty to employees by management.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that employees are the key to a good business. People need to be treated as an asset and not a liability

The Special Products Division is better for owner-operators than most companies.

Special Products Driver (Current Employee)

ProsThe freight is pretty steady. When it's slow, planning makes sure everyone gets something. They don't show favoritism in keeping us loaded. Dispatch is respectful and helpful. Planners are friendly and professional. If you request home time or special routing, they make it happen. Their trailers are well-maintained and mechanical issues are resolved promptly. They offer medical and dental plans, even to owner-operators. The mileage pay is competitive and how much you make in a month is largely dependent on how much you want to work.

ConsThere are not enough dispatchers to efficiently resolve urgent issues. Some orders do not pay enough for the labor the driver is expected to do. We are often sent into places where trucks don't belong. Scheduling often does not allow enough time for drivers to do anything but sleep and drive when under a load.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a couple more dispatchers, leave me time for a meal and a shower, check truck accessibility at customers, and make the agents pay a decent amount for labor. Other than that, keep up the good work.

Limited Potential

ProsFriendly work environment. Fairly flexible with personal, professional, and education scheduling. Reasonable health care benefits. Dedication to non-profit agencies and community respresentation.

ConsComplacency is the opiate of the Atlas Van Lines bourgeoisie. Salary and hourly wages are below the national standard in comparison with other national carriers. Opportunities for advancement are nearly non-existant. High turnover rates for younger, non-career employees. Opportunites with subsidiaries are restricted. Suggestions for improvement and efficiency, though openly encouraged, are rarely given weight or consideration.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile many are satisfied with their position and responsibilites, there are individuals who wish to further themselves and reach their potential. Without the possibility of advancement, talent will continue to be lost through turnover.

Ehh

Truck Driver (Current Employee)

ProsSeeing the open road,meeting new people.

ConsYou are moving furniture. Terrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on truckin

Worked for Atlas Van Lines? Contribute to the Community!