Atlona

Updated June 11, 2014
Updated June 11, 2014

3.3

Ilya Khayn

Great Company to work for!! Very positive working experience!

I have been working at Atlona full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best hiring experience ever!! Kudos to Ivy :)
    Friendly and upbeat environment. Top management always think of ways to encourage and motivate fellow staff. CEO is very focused and goal oriented. I would highly recommend this company.

Cons

Training opportunities, 401k matching, more PTOs.

Jun 16, 2014Sr Director HR

We do have a great recruiting team, and believe our candidate experience will give you a glimpse of how you will be valued as a team member at Atlona. We don’t believe in generic automated responses ... More

Very good place to work at

Current Employee - Full Time Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Full Time Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Atlona full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company is well positioned in the industry, team members are very competitive, customer oriented and friendly. Nice culture and good opportunities to contribute to business and extend skills to a new level.

Cons

None that I can think of right now. Maybe AC can be a bit adjusted, sometimes it can get a bit warm and other times it was too cold.

Great Company!

I have been working at Atlona full-time for less than a year

Pros

Relaxed environment, great culture, nice people and pay is industry comparable. Management is flexible to your needs and understanding that life happens sometimes.

Cons

I think we have a spider problem.....

You have hired a great executive management team, please listen to them. They will take your company to great heights.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

easy to fit in

I have been working at Atlona full-time for less than a year

Pros

fellow employees are friendly and helpful and it was very easy to fit in. VERY customer oriented

Cons

at times feels like we are understaffed and TOO customer oriented and may increase response times. a good problem if you ask me

maybe add staff to a few key positions

Wow, fantastic place to work!

I have been working at Atlona full-time

Pros

The bad eggs are gone, this is a great team! Fun place to work, The management team are very approachable, and employee friendly. Fantastic products, brand new building.

Cons

AC needs to be adjusted

They had to make some tough business decisions to make this a better place to work. Way to go! Nice to see vision, mission and values to drive the company forward.

The Winds of Change

I have been working at Atlona full-time for less than a year

Pros

Atlona has been going through a massive change in the company as they change the business distribution strategy. Many of the past employees with experience in the previous targeted markets have left and fresh blood has been brought in from all over the audiovisual industry. The company is growing very fast and the products are now better than ever. I was happy to see upper management positions filled from within. Opportunity is better than ever before at Atlona.

Cons

Some of the weight of the past are still heavy on the company. Once all the mindsets of the past are able to view the new direction and embrace it the company will have even greater success. PTO policy is weak. The changes in distribution of the product are creating an odd environment pushing for decisions of the old while trying to drive the business the new direction.

Listen to your employees. Talk to more customers.

Jun 16, 2014Sr Director HR

At Atlona, we have gone through changes in business strategy, as any growing organization does, to be flexible to meet the growing needs of the AV industry. We strive to be agile and non-bureaucratic ... More

Intriguing and challenging yet rewarding

I have been working at Atlona full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Atlona feels like a small company in terms of the interactions between employees and the ability to reach management for questions. The company is still growing and trying to find its path which means the employees have a say in the direction and success of the company. The office is diverse and there is a lot comradery between employees. One on One Reviews are held each year and employees are able to express their desires for growths within the company. Atlona also provides training for those looking to improve their knowledge at the work place. There are a lot of bright and enthusiastic people working at Atlona.

Cons

As a growing company, the direction of the company has changed quite a bit in the last few years. As someone who has been with the company for over 3 years, I have seen a few different management directions the company has chosen. This is understandable from a growing company and within the last year there has been a major push to improve the company image and standing. With that said, employees may be asked to perform duties outside their normal titles possibly even outside their department duties.

The company should be management according to statistics (performance) rather than perceptions of each employees performance by judging their day to day actions at the work place (seeing someone away from their cube).

Jun 16, 2014Sr Director HR

Here at Atlona, we want to keep a friendly, open environment as we grow. The Sr Management team want to hear from the staff, and find a variety of ways to encourage feedback. Our corporate values ... More

If you're willing to put in the hours, it's very rewarding.

Current Employee - Director of Sales  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Sales in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Atlona full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of sales opportunities in a growing segment. But be willing to work hard and put in the time needed to succeed. If you think this is a 40 hour a week job every week, you'll be disappointed. Flexible with work schedule and a very family-first attitude. Seems to be a renewed interest in hiring and keeping quality employees.
       Great in-office benefits, parties, etc. Nice little perks from management to show appreciation for a job well done. Gift cards, holiday gifts, etc.
       Good product and lots of differentiation from other "me-too" companies in the product category. Genuine concern for customers and providing a good sales and service experience at all levels.

Cons

Compensation is just average or slightly below. Can be very slow to adapt and change methods, procedures, etc. in a very competitive market segment. Relatively small company that does have some under-staffing issues.

It seems you have given a little more trust and control over to the people you hire. Keep it up.

Jun 16, 2014Sr Director HR

Atlona truly has work life balance. There are no crazy 60 hour work weeks here. We value our employees, and provide flexible schedules, and management appreciation.
    BTW, our Director of Sales
    ... More

It's an up and coming company, with an exciting team.

I have been working at Atlona full-time

Pros

People are passionate about the product, company and job. Nice working culture, work life balance is great.

Cons

There are growing pains, sometimes understaffed.

Keep in mind what successful company's have done, and keep following that path

Good company to work for with great people.

Current Employee - Finance  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Finance in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Atlona full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people with diverse interests. Good management team. Company is making changes to be more like other companies in Silicon Valley.

Cons

There is no 401k matching incentive.

Keep hiring people with knowledge in their profession. Make sure you take care of your greatest asset which is your employees. Offer a profit sharing program.

Worked for Atlona? Contribute to the Community!