Atlona Reviews

3.3
Ilya Khayn

1. easy to fit in

I have been working at Atlona full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

fellow employees are friendly and helpful and it was very easy to fit in. VERY customer oriented

Cons

at times feels like we are understaffed and TOO customer oriented and may increase response times. a good problem if you ask me

Advice to Management

maybe add staff to a few key positions

2. Great Company!

I have been working at Atlona full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed environment, great culture, nice people and pay is industry comparable. Management is flexible to your needs and understanding that life happens sometimes.

Cons

I think we have a spider problem.....

Advice to Management

You have hired a great executive management team, please listen to them. They will take your company to great heights.

3. Very good place to work at

Current Employee - Full Time Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Full Time Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Atlona full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company is well positioned in the industry, team members are very competitive, customer oriented and friendly. Nice culture and good opportunities to contribute to business and extend skills to a new level.

Cons

None that I can think of right now. Maybe AC can be a bit adjusted, sometimes it can get a bit warm and other times it was too cold.

5. Great Company to work for!! Very positive working experience!

I have been working at Atlona full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best hiring experience ever!! Kudos to Ivy :) Friendly and upbeat environment. Top management always think of ways to encourage and motivate fellow staff. CEO is very focused and goal oriented. I would highly recommend this company.

Cons

Training opportunities, 401k matching, more PTOs.

Jun 16, 2014 – Sr Director HR

We do have a great recruiting team, and believe our candidate experience will give you a glimpse of how you will be valued as a team member at Atlona. We don’t believe in generic automated responses ... More

6. Fast paced environment in an evolving industry.

I have been working at Atlona full-time

Pros

Great environment to work in even though it's not the usual silicon valley company. Respect is a big part of the culture here and it comes from the top. Atlona has quality products that you feel good standing behind. Management does not hesitate to reward the employees when the company hits it's goals.

Cons

401K matching, Communication from management can be better.

Advice to Management

Overall, the decisions over the last couple of years have paid off and the company is doing great. Try to be more transparent with your decisions and trust your employees.

7. Good company to work for with great people.

Current Employee - Finance in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Finance in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Atlona full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people with diverse interests. Good management team. Company is making changes to be more like other companies in Silicon Valley.

Cons

There is no 401k matching incentive.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring people with knowledge in their profession. Make sure you take care of your greatest asset which is your employees. Offer a profit sharing program.

8. It's an up and coming company, with an exciting team.

I have been working at Atlona full-time

Pros

People are passionate about the product, company and job. Nice working culture, work life balance is great.

Cons

There are growing pains, sometimes understaffed.

Advice to Management

Keep in mind what successful company's have done, and keep following that path

If you're willing to put in the hours, it's very rewarding.

Current Employee - Director of Sales in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Sales in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Atlona full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of sales opportunities in a growing segment. But be willing to work hard and put in the time needed to succeed. If you think this is a 40 hour a week job every week, you'll be disappointed. Flexible with work schedule and a very family-first attitude. Seems to be a renewed interest in hiring and keeping quality employees. Great in-office benefits, parties, etc. Nice little perks from management to show appreciation for a job well done. Gift cards, holiday gifts, etc. Good product and lots of differentiation from other "me-too" companies in the product category. Genuine concern for customers and providing a good sales and service experience at all levels.

Cons

Compensation is just average or slightly below. Can be very slow to adapt and change methods, procedures, etc. in a very competitive market segment. Relatively small company that does have some under-staffing issues.

Advice to Management

It seems you have given a little more trust and control over to the people you hire. Keep it up.

Jun 16, 2014 – Sr Director HR

Atlona truly has work life balance. There are no crazy 60 hour work weeks here. We value our employees, and provide flexible schedules, and management appreciation. BTW, our Director of Sales ... More

10. Intriguing and challenging yet rewarding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Atlona full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Atlona feels like a small company in terms of the interactions between employees and the ability to reach management for questions. The company is still growing and trying to find its path which means the employees have a say in the direction and success of the company. The office is diverse and there is a lot comradery between employees. One on One Reviews are held each year and employees are able to express their desires for growths within the company. Atlona also provides training for those looking to improve their knowledge at the work place. There are a lot of bright and enthusiastic people working at Atlona.

Cons

As a growing company, the direction of the company has changed quite a bit in the last few years. As someone who has been with the company for over 3 years, I have seen a few different management directions the company has chosen. This is understandable from a growing company and within the last year there has been a major push to improve the company image and standing. With that said, employees may be asked to perform duties outside their normal titles possibly even outside their department duties.

Advice to Management

The company should be management according to statistics (performance) rather than perceptions of each employees performance by judging their day to day actions at the work place (seeing someone away from their cube).

Jun 16, 2014 – Sr Director HR

Here at Atlona, we want to keep a friendly, open environment as we grow. The Sr Management team want to hear from the staff, and find a variety of ways to encourage feedback. Our corporate values ... More

11. They love their employees

I have been working at Atlona full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Atlona has evolved. The company is doing well. Employees all got raises and recently everyone got a new iPad. Good to see all the whiners gone.

Cons

Sometimes decisions and changes seem quick and not thought out still. Change is good, some change doesn't need to be done.

Advice to Management

Continue to trust the people you have. Across the board the company is much better than a year ago.

RSS Feed </> Embed