Atlona

Updated Mar 28, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ilya Khayn

Intriguing and challenging yet rewarding

I have been working at Atlona full-time for more than 3 years

ProsAtlona feels like a small company in terms of the interactions between employees and the ability to reach management for questions. The company is still growing and trying to find its path which means the employees have a say in the direction and success of the company. The office is diverse and there is a lot comradery between employees. One on One Reviews are held each year and employees are able to express their desires for growths within the company. Atlona also provides training for those looking to improve their knowledge at the work place. There are a lot of bright and enthusiastic people working at Atlona.

ConsAs a growing company, the direction of the company has changed quite a bit in the last few years. As someone who has been with the company for over 3 years, I have seen a few different management directions the company has chosen. This is understandable from a growing company and within the last year there has been a major push to improve the company image and standing. With that said, employees may be asked to perform duties outside their normal titles possibly even outside their department duties.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company should be management according to statistics (performance) rather than perceptions of each employees performance by judging their day to day actions at the work place (seeing someone away from their cube).

chaos

Market (Former Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Atlona full-time for more than 3 years

Prosnone the best thing about my time there was the network of people that I met

Consconstant change of company charter, low salaries, employees not valued,

Advice to Senior Managementgrow up

Great Company to work for!! Very positive working experience!

I have been working at Atlona full-time for less than a year

ProsThe best hiring experience ever!! Kudos to Ivy :)
Friendly and upbeat environment. Top management always think of ways to encourage and motivate fellow staff. CEO is very focused and goal oriented. I would highly recommend this company.

ConsTraining opportunities, 401k matching, more PTOs.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you're willing to put in the hours, it's very rewarding.

Director of Sales (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA

I have been working at Atlona full-time for more than a year

ProsLots of sales opportunities in a growing segment. But be willing to work hard and put in the time needed to succeed. If you think this is a 40 hour a week job every week, you'll be disappointed. Flexible with work schedule and a very family-first attitude. Seems to be a renewed interest in hiring and keeping quality employees.
   Great in-office benefits, parties, etc. Nice little perks from management to show appreciation for a job well done. Gift cards, holiday gifts, etc.
   Good product and lots of differentiation from other "me-too" companies in the product category. Genuine concern for customers and providing a good sales and service experience at all levels.

ConsCompensation is just average or slightly below. Can be very slow to adapt and change methods, procedures, etc. in a very competitive market segment. Relatively small company that does have some under-staffing issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt seems you have given a little more trust and control over to the people you hire. Keep it up.

Interesting at first, then the shine came off quickly.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Atlona full-time

ProsIf you need a job and your unemployment has run out and you don't qualify for public assistance . . . this may be the place for you.

ConsWeak, me too product line, poor communication, near zero management competency, a narrow subcontract (ODM) manufacturing strategy, questionable quality and a complete lack of ethics.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow some ethics.

2 steps forward 3 steps back

I have been working at Atlona full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBagel Friday. A lot of the staff are incredible people with a lot to offer. Reasonably casual dress code allowed in the office. Some reasonably cool technologies on the horizon. Pay has improved somewhat over the last one and a half years.

ConsI've seen the cycle of things improving only to regress multiple times here. The directors, who have excellent ideas and experience, are not allowed to execute on anything. The owners of the company are inexperienced and indecisive. It is truly an unfortunate situation. There are so many talented people here that work incredibly hard. If the owners were to step into a backround role and hire outside replacements, it would lead to a new era of growth. If we continue to do things the way that we have, it will lead to the end of the company.

Based on my experience, it seems like most of what we do is re-arrange deck chairs on the Titanic. If this company is around in 5 years I would be extremely surprised.

Advice to Senior ManagementStep aside and let your Directors do what the need to do. If you are unwilling to do that, then at least show some sort of leadership and vision. A ship that is adrift at sea, with no one at the rudder, will eventually break up on the rocks..

It's an up and coming company, with an exciting team.

I have been working at Atlona full-time

ProsPeople are passionate about the product, company and job. Nice working culture, work life balance is great.

ConsThere are growing pains, sometimes understaffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep in mind what successful company's have done, and keep following that path

Very good place to work at

Full Time Employee (Current Employee)

I have been working at Atlona full-time for less than a year

ProsCompany is well positioned in the industry, team members are very competitive, customer oriented and friendly. Nice culture and good opportunities to contribute to business and extend skills to a new level.

ConsNone that I can think of right now. Maybe AC can be a bit adjusted, sometimes it can get a bit warm and other times it was too cold.

Good company to work for with great people.

Finance (Current Employee)

I have been working at Atlona full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat people with diverse interests. Good management team. Company is making changes to be more like other companies in Silicon Valley.

ConsThere is no 401k matching incentive.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring people with knowledge in their profession. Make sure you take care of your greatest asset which is your employees. Offer a profit sharing program.

Great Company!

I have been working at Atlona full-time for less than a year

ProsRelaxed environment, great culture, nice people and pay is industry comparable. Management is flexible to your needs and understanding that life happens sometimes.

ConsI think we have a spider problem.....

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have hired a great executive management team, please listen to them. They will take your company to great heights.

Worked for Atlona? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Atlona reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Atlona CEO Ilya Khayn . All 20 reviews posted anonymously by Atlona employees.