Atrium Living Centers

Atrium Living Centers Reviews

Updated July 11, 2014
Updated July 11, 2014

CEO

Our Atrium facility has wonderful staff, residents, and families.

Current Employee - Business Office Manager  in  South Haven, MI
    Current Employee - Business Office Manager in South Haven, MI

I have been working at Atrium Living Centers full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is an employee owned company which is a benefit. PTO time is based on how long you have been working here and if your part-time or full-time. The hours are nice for my position. I work 8:30-5:30 Mon-Fri.

Cons

They pay horrible compared to other skilled nursing facilities. They allow no money in the budget to train staff. With a new administrator we are struggling with communication.

Allow hours to train staff, and I guarantee that our turn over would be about 50% less than current. Pay at a scale that is normal for this hire. Once again that would be helpful to keep staff. Value your department head opinion, and ask them how they feel about things before just doing them. What works for one facility may not work for another.

The Atrium Living Centers Care More About the Bottom Dollar than Care for The Residents

Current Employee - CNA  in  Dowagiac, MI
    Current Employee - CNA in Dowagiac, MI

I have been working at Atrium Living Centers part-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly staff, clean working conditions, Decent Pay for the Area.

Cons

Not enough staff scheduled for each shift. Workers forced to choose between caring for their charges and just going as fast as they can to get the maximum amount of work done before the end of their shift. Management would rather you go quickly about your business and not actual take time to care and get to know the residents.

Hire more CNA's and trained personnel so that residents can have an orientation, instead of just putting them in a room and leaving them there. Actually allow your staff to take the time to know your residents and care for them properly instead of having the staff rush from one room to the next to get daily tasks done. The place would be nice except for the horrible procedures that require the staff to do everything on-time every time with no consideration for how the residents/patients/customers feel or taking into account that elderly people shouldn't be rushed into doing things quickly, as they obviously are not able to. The residents at the nursing home are people, not cattle to be cleaned, fed and put to pasture, but the way the bureaucracy works right now, it seems more like caring for animals in a lab, than caring for people with real emotions and feelings. If there were more staff, this could be achieved by allowing the staff to get to know the residents and make the residents feel more comfortable at the nursing home, instead of seeing people rush in and out with just quick greeting and brief explanation.

I have worked at the facility since it opened in 2010 and have enjoyed my time there a great deal.

Current Employee - Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant  in  Dowagiac, MI
    Current Employee - Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant in Dowagiac, MI

I have been working at Atrium Living Centers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoy being part of such a talented and professional therapy team.

Cons

It is quite far from my home.

Some of the management tend to micro manage and not see the bigger picture.

Worked for Atrium Living Centers? Contribute to the Community!