Attensity

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Howard Lau

Great place to work!

ProsGrowing company. The technology we are developing is cutting edge. The coworkers are great people to work with. The future looks very bright and promising. The current leadership team has a great vision to build and execute on. Current benefits are good.

ConsThe work can be very challenging at times. The pace is very fast and can be very demanding during crunch time.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that people are your greatest asset, they will make or break the company, so remember to treat them well.

Excellent. Attensity has great, intelligent people and is a great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsThe dedication and overall competence of everyone at the company sets a bar for other companies to follow.

ConsNone. I had no negative experiences at Attensity.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote your highly intelligent people and company culture as a huge recruiting selling point.

Company has turned a new corner; hopefully for the better

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEmployees are highly committed and fairly well engaged. The domain is fun (social media). The technology is fascinating (natural language processing). There are now a new CEO and CTO who seem to have good ideas on how to move the company forward and fix identity issues that have been plaguing the company for the last few years.

ConsInability to maintain agile sprints because of poor bug triage and release management. I've been on so-called "waterfall" teams that released code more often than these teams. Unrealistic expectations were put on people to get things done, and this caused the team to fragment and not function like a true team. In reality, we were all fending for ourselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide moral, technical and inspirational leadership; don't just manage things.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for - challenged by disorganized executive team

Software (Current Employee)

ProsGood developers and people, good middle management, flexible work/life balance, great environment/culture, weekly lunches, good benefits

ConsLots of executive team level churn, constantly changing direction, product road-map that changes continually. Hopefully new CEO will fix these problems because Attensity has good technology and good people. Not much room for growth here.

The ship is sinking, massive layoffs.

Marketing (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsCool technology
    New CEO came in an cleaned house, letting go most of sales and stripped the company down.

ConsThe executives at Attensity are a bunch of "con" artists.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lie to employees and customers. This is what happens.

Not a great place to be

Consultant (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsCool technology, some very bright people, competitive compensation and benefits

ConsA lot of turnover, no clear strategic direction, upper management out of touch

Advice to Senior ManagementSince there is now no hope of being acquired, clean house at the top and make a go of it. You're in the right space but it seems like everyone is interviewing and hopeless.

Fun and challenging experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Palo Alto, CA

ProsAttensity can offer those of us who were in large sleepily companies a dynamic environment with excellent teammates. A number of my teammates have been promoted within the last year so it seems the management rewards top performers with additional responsibility and compensation. Attensity also conducts annual reviews and my salary has increased each year since we were bought in 2009.. Not a lot of handholding by my manager which is what I prefer. Good company, great products and nice culture.

ConsLocation of Palo Alto office. Not a lot of places to eat within walking distance. Can be some long days.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlready given. I can walk over and give "management" advice at anytime. Some of my ideas have been implemented but be careful, they might ask you to lead the project if it is your idea.

Big culture shock from Biz360 days

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsBigger company can allow for more resources and more job growth.

ConsAttensity buying Biz360 not only ruined the product but also created a very different fear driven work environment. A very disconnected upper level management and a cold environment to work at.

Cutting Edge Product, Hot Market, Great Company

ProsCooperative, collaborative environment with solid, intelligent coworkers.
    Cutting edge, important techonology sold to top companies.
    Good salaries, some ability to work remote.
    Good management.

ConsCould have better interaction between sales and product teams with regard to product features and function. More amenitites. More convenient office location.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on interaction between sales and product teams regarding product features and function. Continue to foster good environment and culture.

A nimble, smart company!

ProsAttensity has great technology and very smart people working to solve tough technical problems. The environment is fun and fast-paced, it feels like a startup! The depth of the technology at Attensity is incredible (social media, text analytics, columnar DB, callcenter, portals, foreign language support, etc..).

ConsNot much downside, but you definitely can put in some long hours. Seems like there is no shortage of work!

Worked for Attensity? Contribute to the Community!