Attevo Reviews

Attevo Chairman, President & CEO C David Snyder
C David Snyder

Good experience

I worked at Attevo

Pros

Good exposure to some big clients and latest technology
    Very friendly work atmosphere
    Determined management

Cons

More of staff aug work

Figure out how to stop employees from leaving

Worst company to work for

I worked at Attevo

Pros

There is nothing positive about the company accept the office.

Cons

Lots of Cons............
    1. Unpaid paychecks
    2. Issues with IRS

Please learn from your lessons, you are out of business due to lack of management and unable to handle company funds properly.

Lost all of my money

Current Employee - Consultant in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Consultant in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Attevo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Great People to work with

Cons

Consultants not been paid for close to 5 months now and directors for more then a year, very soon they will close this company and write off their losses and start up a new company without paying their consultants.
    Who in this world will not pay their employees and use that money to start another company.
    401K has also not been up to date and tax deducted from the paycheck has also not been paid to the IRS.
    For all future joinees please look up at the CEO history.

Look at your past history and like your other companies this has been unsuccessful as well, no one reap benifits on others hard earned money.

Attevo is gone - If you work there now you work for free.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Attevo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

3 years ago the company was in fair condition.

Cons

The company has not paid the consultants (regular employees) for eight weeks, as of 10/1/2012. Some director level people have not been paid for nine months or more. They have moved past nonpayment to 401k and federal tax withholding, and bouncing payroll checks and now just don't bother writing any at all.

What kind of person takes advantage of other hard working people by using the money they make to try and pay down your Federal tax debt instead of paying them what they have rightfully earned? This is not only despicable, but it is inhumane. Remember - what goes around comes around.

They don't appear to know how to run a business

Former Employee - Deployment Engineer in San Rafael, CA
    Former Employee - Deployment Engineer in San Rafael, CA

I worked at Attevo

Pros

Two moderate pros:

I was paid, but not on time - see cons.

Benefits were so-so. Better than some, worse than other places I've worked.

Cons

I worked for a company where Attevo had managed to get in as its Professional Services partner - Clairmail, a mobile banking solutions company based out of San Rafael.

I won't say much about the position itself, which was terrible, but that was mostly Clairmail's fault - too much business, not enough people, and no backing off their sales pipeline. My direct manager at Clairmail was great - can't say enough good things about him personally but we were all trying to drink from a firehose. Hours were brutal, overnight and over the weekends because of bank's / credit union maintenance windows. The deployment engineer, while it certainly required some technical know-how, benefited mainly from knowing how to juggle numerous project deadlines simultaneously. I am a systems and net ops geek with over 15 years of experience in IT, not a quasi-PM who spends 90% of my time on the phone with customers. Sure it's a position that advances your "soft skills" but that's it. It's not where you go to advance your technical know-how - unless you know nothing at all or very little. Ultimately the position was a terrible fit.

The offered salary by Attevo for the DE position was almost $10K lower than what I had been led to believe would be the STARTING range for the position. In fact, the recruiter who got me the original interview at Clairmail didn't know about that either. In fact they didn't even know who Attevo was, nor did I until I was about three-quarters through my last technical interview at Clairmail, where I was rather matter-of-factly told that my employer would be this strange little consulting company out of Cleveland, Attevo. Yes, I did, in fact, just mutter the word Cleveland. . .

Who was Attevo? I knew not. My recruiter knew nothing. Meanwhile, we muddled along and I got the offer. Even though the offer was considerably lower than what I was expecting I was led to believe the billable hours to Clairmail would lead to a sizable bonus after six months. Ok, here was a way to "save" money and get a respectable income that first year. I had been out of work for 9 months so I went for it.

Let me say this about Attevo: I know they are a technology consulting company, probably much like any consulting company out there. Other than a paycheck - and that's a big, huge other story I'll discuss in a second - and interacting with their HR staff at the beginning to make sure they had all my information for the health plans and so on - I can't say I know all that much about them. I did not ever go to Cleveland. I worked for their client in the client's office in San Rafael and, while I worked with Attevo-hired consultants and software engineers, most of the day-to-day staff functions and the work itself was managed by Clairmail. I was on Attevo's payroll but I was de facto a Clairmail employee.

Now, on to the paycheck.

To my utter astonishment I learned soon after I was hired they did not, for reasons that were never made clear to me (yes I asked why), support Direct Deposit of paychecks.

What?!? How could a technology company not support Direct Deposit?!? I happily hadn't hand-deposited a paycheck in over 10 years. No, wait, it's worse than that. This is a technology company responsible for implementing high-performance, complex software solutions for the BANKING industry. And, yes, they did not support automatic, on payday, deposit of your payroll directly into your bank account. The absurdity and irony of it all makes words escape me.

So, what did this mean, exactly? Though I had to go to the trouble of switching banks to Attevo's bank to avoid holds put on my paper paycheck - and the bank STILL put multi-day holds on the checks several times because they were "too much" (and it's not as though I was making a king's ransom there) - initially after hire paychecks came within 1-3 days of payday. That was, to my mind, tolerable. Not great, but tolerable.

But then things soon began to decay. It started being more like 5,6,7 days after payday and longer. Heaven help you if payday hit early to mid-week. You might not see your paycheck until Monday or Tuesday of the NEXT week. To call it utterly infuriating is an understatement.

If you are contemplating a job offer from them make very, very sure they've fixed their payroll issues and confirm with a couple current employees they are all getting paid in a timely manner and have been for a while.

Get your act together. Maybe you're good at scoring good clients like Clairmail - frankly I'm baffled how - but you appear to be robbing Peter to pay Paul. I also experienced the credit card limit issues - which were very very common while I was there. This points at deeper financial and cash flow management issues and gives the appearance that you don't know how to run a business, at all.

Late paychecks, delays in 401(k) deposits, and significant changes in expectations from interview to real job.

Former Employee - Director in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Director in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Attevo

Pros

- Friendly people
    - nice office
    - competitive pay

Cons

- No direct deposit and frequently paychecks are 3-14 days late
    - Federal and State tax liens over $2M due to failure to deposit withholding amounts
    - 401(k) deposits took 2 months after last day to make it into account - this is with no company match
    - corporate card was denied due to credit limit at least once per week

Set clear expectations and run your business above board. The office is very nice but people prefer to be paid on-time and have a stable environment more than they want a nice office.

Terrible management

I worked at Attevo

Pros

Very friendly and smart associates to work with. The management makes it all look bad...

Cons

Although they have good associates, the top management doesnt know how to manage them. The management is just behind money in good or bad way. They have all sorts of financial trouble, salaries delayed, 401K not paid, credit cards bouncing, expenses not paid, etc.. The worst part, they wont pay for the last month expense you incurred on consulting assignments although they would earn 10 times you spent. The management has withheld a atleast $1000 from almost every associate you quit the organization. Unethical behavior and ill attitude is what this company's top management is all about. They think they are making good business by doing so. hahahaha!! I havent seen a business run so badly.. Good luck to those who are thinking to be a part of this agony..

Be humans rather than money driven dictators..