Au Pair in America

Updated Mar 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Great company--values/respects their employees as well as the au pairs

Prosgreat part-time, work from home opportunities
    opportunities for career growth
    company is great about promoting from within
    great conferences both domestically and internationally are part of the company benefit

Conswould be great if they considered a discount for an au pair to their local representatives.

Reality : your just a cleaning lady and the agency don't care about u

Au Pair (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsYour able to travel a little bit

ConsAs soon as your in america the au pair agency doesn't care about u. The host family just uses u by making u work over hours, makes u clean the house uses u in your free time, ..........don't be live all the stuff the agency tells u. The host family's paying higher fees to the agency then the au pairs so they care more about the host family then you. They will replace u with an new au pair and sent u back on your own expense!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing to say about that

It is being one of the best experiences of my life

Au Pair (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsGet to work in the US.
    Get to meet lots of new people.
    Get to take care of beautiful and nice children that will love you as a family member.
    Get to know American culture.

ConsSometimes you miss your family and friends back in home, but other than that, I don't see any more cons.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The experience overall teaches you how to learn living far from home and to be responsible for another human life

Au Pair (Former Employee) New York, NY

Pros- This experience opened my mind to other cultures, not just the american
    - Teached me how to live with a different family with different rules and different habits.
    - Increased my sense of responsibility since another human being was dependant on my work.
    - Offered me the opportunity to assist to schools that normally would have being very costly to attend
    - Gave me the chance to travel to many places and cities
    - I have met very interesting people, made friends and learn from others situations

Cons- It is very easy to get misunderstandings with your host family when you don´t have a good communication.
    - It is practically a matter of "good luck" whether you get a nice family since you never know how things can turn out after a while with the family you chose to live with

Advice to Senior Managementa way to avoid misunderstandings between the au pair and the family is to have a closer relation between the person responsible of the area with the au pairs to serve as conciliator between this two parties before misunderstandings arise.

Worked for Au Pair in America? Contribute to the Community!