AuPairCare

CEO

3.5 years of experience as an aupair

Current Employee - Aupair/Nanny in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Aupair/Nanny in Houston, TX

I have been working at AuPairCare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best thing is to work with children. It varies from age to age and maybe is more than one child to take care of. But if you like children this is the job for you.

Cons

You don't have direct interaction with coworkers because you work alone, but the family that host you, becomes like a second family for you

More pay.

You have to skype many times with the family to make sure they are good for you

I have been working at AuPairCare

Pros

They helped me everytime I needed. The area director once you get to USA is your link with the company. I have been very lucky with her but I know others that just care about the family

Cons

You don't just take care of the kids... You have to do more chores in the house

au pair

Former Employee - Aupair in McKinney, TX
    Former Employee - Aupair in McKinney, TX

I worked at AuPairCare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

learning a new culture, new language, and being hosted in an american family. You will learn a lot about American culture, and the family's culture.

Cons

Really depends on what family you get. Sometimes they will ask you to work on a Sunday the same day, so if you have already made plans, you will have to cancel them, etc. Be sure to ask the family the work schedule and if they tell you in advance about work on weekends. Do not count on the aupair advisor of your region to help you (at least the one I had). They always take the side of the family.

Choose your family wisely

It's an okay job...if you can handle all the problems that come with it.

Current Employee - Area Director
    Current Employee - Area Director

I have been working at AuPairCare part-time (more than a year)

Pros

You get to meet all types of people in your community as well as young people from around the world.

Cons

The pay is sometimes not worth the issues we have to deal with, especially when an Au pair is in rematch and has to live in our home!

Pay better so your ADs will be happier.

Stressful economic time to be employed here

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at AuPairCare full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The salary, benefits and opportunities at this job were all pros. I had a side project with another division, and I loved working with that team. Good location, good resources.

Cons

The environment was pretty stressful - sales expectations in a recession - and I didn't think the management was particularly good. I ended up looking forward to my side project job, just to get away from my actual job.

create a more nurturing environment for your entry-level employees who are learning the ropes not only of the job but also of professional development.

It has been an interesting experience that I'm sure that it's going to be helpful for my future jobs as a journalist.

Current Contractor - Aupair in Hoboken, NJ
    Current Contractor - Aupair in Hoboken, NJ

I have been working at AuPairCare as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

I have improved my English skills and it's a great opportunity to travel and know more about the USA culture.

Cons

I have to be very tolerant and patience with two teenagers girls

The agency try to take care that our host family's are asking us to do what it supposed, but it's difficult to control everything because the limits and description of my works duties and responsibilities are very relative.

Great opportunity

Current Contractor - Aupair in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Contractor - Aupair in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at AuPairCare as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

After almost two years as an AuPair through AuPair Care, I am very satisfied, they keep an update of all the AuPair, and make sure everything is going well in the host families. I am grateful for this amazing experience, and will always keep good memories.

Cons

Salary is not enough, life can be expensive, and even though as an AuPair I don't have lots of things to pay, the least I have, cost a lot, and I think the company and the governement should revise that.
    Finally, I think the health insurance chosen is good but, in addition to be able to go to the doctor and be covered, we should be able to be covered for one visit to a specialist such as the gynecologist, since most of the AuPair are women. Particularly, if the Aupair is on her second year like me. At some point I had to go for a routine check, and had to pay over $200 the equivalent of what I make on a week.

I think the company should be more concerned about the well being of the AuPair, and not always the host families. Some AuPair are not treated fairly.

Very good Area directors

I worked at AuPairCare

Pros

A lot of learning of American English and Culture. It was an amazing time of my life. A friendship bound forever.

Cons

A lot of working, and sometimes couldnt be supervised. But the host family always try their best to help us out with anything we may need.

none

great experience if you find the right family

Former Employee - Aupair in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Aupair in Charlotte, NC

I worked at AuPairCare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You meet a lot of people, you travel a lot and a lot of fun

Cons

A lot of work for not a great salary

AuPairCare does not foster a supportive environment for staff.

Former Employee - Admissions Coordinator in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Admissions Coordinator in San Francisco, CA

I worked at AuPairCare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The work is very interesting.

Cons

The senior management is difficult to work with.

Please look at your HR policies and ensure that your employees are better supported.