AuPairCare Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
CEO

1. Good place to get your start but not to grow (HQ review)

Former Employee - Worked At HQ in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Worked At HQ in San Francisco, CA

I worked at AuPairCare

Pros

Every day is interesting and different so you rarely get bored. It can be a fun work environment with company wide events and parties, and there are a lot of young co-workers. The company is very open to change and enjoys hearing ideas from employees on how to better their process. It's a good place to get skill sets to be applied at future jobs (handling elevated customer issues, sales, international relations, government procedure with regards to international exchange).

Cons

Low pay and limited opportunity for growth. There is a lot of turnover at any level below director because the employees can get paid more doing similar work elsewhere. The company would also prefer to keep managers/directors who are unqualified for their jobs or just plain lazy rather than taking a step to make improvements or hire more qualified people. This can be frustrating for those working hard at a lower level, especially when there is no way to move up and that hard work is recognized verbally, but not monetarily or with promotions. There are a lot of angry customers to deal with, but as long as you can get used to it, you don't need to see this is as con necessarily.

Advice to Management

Recognize your quality employees who work hard for the company and pay them accordingly if you want to keep them. Some of the higher ups are coasting, never bother to learn the duties/jobs of the people they manage, push their tasks off to others, or go on facebook or play trivia crack at their desks while the team under them works non stop (I've seen it!).

2. They sponsor your visa and contact you to the family, that's all!

Former Employee - Aupair in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Aupair in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at AuPairCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Have a lot of families. Good health insurance. Good web page.

Cons

Horrible area directors. They just care about the families, not the aupairs. They see they aupairs as merchandise, not as humans. They are not helpful in case you have a problem. They don't make sure families follow the contract.

Advice to Management

Department of State needs to control the AUPAIR agencies.

3. This company was fun to work with but the pay was low.

I worked at AuPairCare

Pros

They had many fun employee events.

Cons

The pay was low considering it was located in San Francisco.

5. You have to skype many times with the family to make sure they are good for you

I have been working at AuPairCare

Pros

They helped me everytime I needed. The area director once you get to USA is your link with the company. I have been very lucky with her but I know others that just care about the family

Cons

You don't just take care of the kids... You have to do more chores in the house

6. au pair

Former Employee - Aupair in McKinney, TX
    Former Employee - Aupair in McKinney, TX

I worked at AuPairCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

learning a new culture, new language, and being hosted in an american family. You will learn a lot about American culture, and the family's culture.

Cons

Really depends on what family you get. Sometimes they will ask you to work on a Sunday the same day, so if you have already made plans, you will have to cancel them, etc. Be sure to ask the family the work schedule and if they tell you in advance about work on weekends. Do not count on the aupair advisor of your region to help you (at least the one I had). They always take the side of the family.

Advice to Management

Choose your family wisely

7. It's an okay job...if you can handle all the problems that come with it.

Current Employee - Area Director
    Current Employee - Area Director

I have been working at AuPairCare part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to meet all types of people in your community as well as young people from around the world.

Cons

The pay is sometimes not worth the issues we have to deal with, especially when an Au pair is in rematch and has to live in our home!

Advice to Management

Pay better so your ADs will be happier.

8. Stressful economic time to be employed here

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at AuPairCare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The salary, benefits and opportunities at this job were all pros. I had a side project with another division, and I loved working with that team. Good location, good resources.

Cons

The environment was pretty stressful - sales expectations in a recession - and I didn't think the management was particularly good. I ended up looking forward to my side project job, just to get away from my actual job.

Advice to Management

create a more nurturing environment for your entry-level employees who are learning the ropes not only of the job but also of professional development.

9. 3.5 years of experience as an aupair

Current Employee - Aupair/Nanny in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Aupair/Nanny in Houston, TX

I have been working at AuPairCare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best thing is to work with children. It varies from age to age and maybe is more than one child to take care of. But if you like children this is the job for you.

Cons

You don't have direct interaction with coworkers because you work alone, but the family that host you, becomes like a second family for you

Advice to Management

More pay.

10. Very good Area directors

I worked at AuPairCare

Pros

A lot of learning of American English and Culture. It was an amazing time of my life. A friendship bound forever.

Cons

A lot of working, and sometimes couldnt be supervised. But the host family always try their best to help us out with anything we may need.

Advice to Management

none

11. great experience if you find the right family

Former Employee - Aupair in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Aupair in Charlotte, NC

I worked at AuPairCare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You meet a lot of people, you travel a lot and a lot of fun

Cons

A lot of work for not a great salary

RSS Feed </> Embed