Auburn Regional Medical Center

Auburn Regional Medical Center Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Big changes at Auburn Medical Center

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
    Auburn, WA

ProsSince October 1, 2012 when Multicare bought this facility, there have been many positive changes. High quality, safe patient care is now the focus here. There is a intensely focused effort to improve all aspects of patient care.

ConsThe nursing and tech staff still do not have a contract with Multicare. We are currently in mediation after failing to come to agreement with management about wages. If Multicare wants to succeed in King co, they will need to pay the staff wages that are comparable to other King Co facilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementNurses are currently very engaged and very much want to be instrumental in implementing all the positive changes at AMC. However, if we continue to work without a fair contract morale will start to deteriorate.

Reputation has improved in the last year from where it was and working at ARMC is amicable.

Auburn, WA

ProsPay, location, parking, internal events

ConsFor profit, low employee satisfaction

Auburn Regional is undergoing a lot of positive change.

Auburn, WA

ProsIt's exciting to work at a place where change can happen rapidly once decisions are made. We have a new CEO and essentially a new leadership team who are very committed to change. I'm seeing people take risks and make improvements happen at an organization where things were pretty stale. Not everyone likes to be part of that kind of transition, but if you like seeing results, this is a good place to be right now.

ConsSometimes it's hard to overcome the past and some people don't like to change. There's still some "wait and see" kind of folks who you have to win over. And, we still need to work on communicating internally, but it's gotten a lot better.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick to it! We've just learned that patient satisfaction has improved 10-fold in the past 4 months. It isn't easy to make that kind of significant change and we're all working harder than maybe we'd like to for the moment -- but there's a goal in sight and it feels like we're making progress. Keep going!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wow, this place is embarrassing

Auburn, WA

ProsI guess the only thing I can say here is that it seems to be doing ok financially, and it's healthcare so I guess it's fairly stable, although they do like to fire people for no reason.

ConsI have never worked with such incompetent leadership in my life. No one has a vision, no one is on the same page, and they act like it's still 1980. This is a VERY anti-union company, very republican conservative, and that really stands out in the Seattle area. Turnover here is incredible, and if you tell anyone you work here, they either say they feel sorry for you, or they will share horror stories about their care.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet with the program-- it's 2011. Get rid of incompetent leadership (specifically the CNO), actually staff your departments appropriately, and have a real education department.

Steer Clear

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)
    Auburn, WA

ProsIf you want to work in a 1960's environment -when employees must be always subordinate and keep there mouths shut regardless of dangerous patient care to protect the company, well then,this is the pace for you. Patients beware!

ConsA medical person is risking their licence practicing at this place. They often use untrained personell to care for complicated care.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeriously consider Quality of care as opposed to the bottom line dollar

Worked for Auburn Regional Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Auburn Regional Medical Center reviews and ratings. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Auburn Regional Medical Center employees.