Auction Systems
www.auctionandappraise.com Phoenix, AZ 50 to 149 Employees

Auction Systems Reviews

Auction Systems – Phoenix – “Auction Systems”

Deb Weidenhamer

Auction Systems Employee and Auctioneer Accademy Gradute

The Sign Guy (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsAuction Systems is a great atmsophere to experience in the Auction industry. Its leadership and Values are emmulated down to the newest employee. A great deal of effort is put into creating pride for your work place. This creates quality and motivated employees. Also outside of work Auction systems is changeing the game on a global perspective instilling its values and ethics industry wide. Auction systems also holds an auctioneer academy quarterly. This Academy places itself above other by instilling the purpose, direction and motovation for new Auctioneers to become succesfull and strive to be the best at there craft. Only the top Instructors in the industry will teach here and class sizes reamain 7-10 creating optimal learning envirement. Auction systems is a fortune 500 company becouse they deserve to be there and we all look forward for Auction systems to carry our industry to new heights and a bright future.

ConsYour success in the auction industry is what you make of it.

Values Mean Something

Load Out (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsThis is the best place I have ever worked for. The CEO wants to hear from all of us and I have never worked for a place that everyone who works there I would love to hang out with Understand the 10 values of the company does not just make you a better employee, but a better person.

ConsMore open in the communication department

Advice to Senior ManagementMore communication with employees

Satisfying and relaxed work environment and at the same time there are plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.

ProsI have been working at Auction Systems full-time for more than 2 years

During the time I have worked in this company it has been very positive, I have learned new things and Management is always motivating employees to continue growing in the professional field

Coworkers have very sense of humor and are respectful and helpful

ConsI don't have any at this time.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways motivating to grow professionally

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Better options out there, don't be fooled

Auction (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsThe work is pretty easy to figure out and managers kinda let you do your own thing and work at your own pace. They also are okay with felons which is hard to find a place that allows felons to work at.

ConsThis place has really high turnover, especially in the warehouse. A lot of employees just complain about the place all the time. There is really no advancement once you are hired because managers are either related or are personal friends with the owner. The pay is below what i expected it to be and the benefits (medical) are really expensive for familys and not really worth it. The managers all talk about values but nobody practices them. Some reviews on here are right on the money and I think some reviews are fake and made up by managers - they have talk about postings here in meetings.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out why turnover is so high. I do not think an auction place should employ felons.

Flag Review
    Auction Systems HR Director responded to this review Aug 22, 2013 EditDelete
    We think employee reviews are important and unfortunately as in all things most people don’t compliment what is going well it is just those that don’t have a right fit with a company that reaches out ... More

Fair place to work

Administration (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsValues employees, great benefits, work with your schedule. Wants to motivate employees, embrace the employee goals. Has an auctioneer school that brings in people from the across the country.

ConsNot a lot of room for advancement. Only position is if someone leaves a higher level position. Very little advancement for line level employees

Great culture for employee growth and opportunities

Hourly Employee (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsThis Company is growing in the US and the world. With a focus on culture, training, coaching for personal and business goals, and an emphasis on life/work balance with above average benefits and compensation, Auction Systems is the place to be and grow!!

ConsI can not think of any

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep growing and keep listening!!

Difficult

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsChanging work environment, interesting people, auctions can be fun. The actual auctioneers were great.

ConsLow pay, job expectations were a moving target, unreasonable owner, frequent weekend work. Good accounts were cherry picked and given to one employee. HEAVY turnover. Inconsistent company values. Frequently dealing with extremely dissatisfied customers, who for all intents and purposes, were right.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf building an empire and being the Queen of that empire is the goal, then they have done a great job. If however, AS wants to make the company all it could be, they would be better served in putting aside their personal desires, and listening to, or hiring people who challenge their ideas. This could help make this company so much better. I enjoyed my time working there, but I am relieved that I moved on. Sometimes, principal is worth more than a job and a salary, even in this trying economic time.

It has been a great place to work!

Administration (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsI am a current employee of Auction Systems. From the top down, this Company cares about the employees. They show that through training, daily meetings and updates, feedback to employees, sharing information about the Company’s growth, skip level meetings, giving us information and the tools we need, and by providing access to a coach that helps with personal and business goals. The company continues to grow and employees who have goals to achieve more have been placed in new positions. One of my co-workers just became an Assistant Manager. I am an hourly employee and it bothers me to read the other reviews on this site. I think I know who has written those postings. Those are from the people who did not want to do what it takes to grow and achieve more. Those employees had bad attitudes, created drama, talked badly about the Managers and no longer at the company. I enjoy the opportunities here, the type of work, and the people I work with.

ConsNot really any to me!!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on looking for ways to make it a great place to work

Management? What management?

Warehouse (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsI have the freedom to work at my own pace for the most part, and I work with some hardworking, fun people who make the days at work fly by.

ConsThere is no leadership in the company whatsoever. The warehouse manager doesn't really care, and we can't respect her. Morale is bad, especially in the warehouse, and has been for as long as I've been here.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe owner should stop focusing on her China location and concentrate on her Phoenix location, and hire some people with management skills. This could be a great place to work if she did a better job at retaining great employees instead of stifling their creativity, eventually forcing them to leave out of frustration.

Very limited growth potential with poor management.

Warehouse (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsThe product is very diverse and your day is often dynamic. The workday can go by quickly with 2 standard breaks and a lunch. Some days are harder than others but you work at your own pace independently. Coworkers are a very close and fun group.

ConsThe management here is a mess with questionable qualifications. Managers constantly de-value and de-motivate employees. The owner is opening a China auction house and has no vested interest in her Phoenix warehouse. The managers do not grow their employees and lack leadership skills or ability to motivate employees. There is limited growth potential for employees and no raises (management told each employee they are capped at $11 and not to expect more) The company prefers to hire external candidates for new positions. Pay is subpar for the qualifications and a general warehouse order picker makes more money. No overtime.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet in touch with the operations of your warehouse and address employee concerns. Increase skip level meetings. Develop employee retention programs to decrease attrition of quality employees. Stop moving around the dead weight within the company and give raises instead of rrplacing poor employees. Use Rick better to keep aware of the real employee relations issues and retain your quality employees.

Worked for Auction Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Auction Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Auction Systems CEO Deb Weidenhamer. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Auction Systems employees.