AudaExplore - a Solera Company

Updated October 8, 2014
Updated October 8, 2014
2.7

Tony Aquila

Pros
  • Some good people are still there (in 6 reviews)

• Hardly any pro's unless you consider the free coffee (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises for anyone in 7 years (in 10 reviews)

• Management is disorganized, change in senior management team practically each year (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Ok

I worked at AudaExplore - a Solera Company

Pros

Nimble organization with solid resources

Cons

Little to no employee feedback. Lack of synergy with other Solera companies.

Poor Management

Former Employee - Technical Support in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at AudaExplore - a Solera Company full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Hardly any pro's unless you consider the free coffee.
    Fellow co-workers are very nice an respectable, they always offer assistance even when it means they will be out of the queue to help you (not Management)

Cons

Managment will prevent you from moving forward or getting a raise based on performance reviews of one or two calls out of 40 in a given month.
    Management doesn't take the time to explain proper solutions to a problem.
    No Work-life Balance,
    Workers are told to work through break and lunches when the queue gets backed up. Often time you may not get to take your lunch if you miss it because you were on a call with a customer.
    They employ you temp to hire within three months, but never fully hire you due to some excuse they come up with

Straighten up your act, or keep losing valuable employees.

Was very good in the past, seems to be turning into a train wreck in North America.

I worked at AudaExplore - a Solera Company full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Mostly the the old ADP trained people are gone and the new people appear to be clueless in the industry. CEO has left a awake of destruction while losing any competitive edge in North America. CEO sucked $29 million out of the company last year while slashing the workforce.

Sell off the North American division to investors who want to compete and be innovative, you are losing market share fast. Treat your shop sales like human beings and find qualified staff to help at the senior levels of property and casualty claims.

Long time associate with confidence in our future

I have been working at AudaExplore - a Solera Company full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Working for a Solera company isn't for everyone but for those who seriously want a challenge and to have colleagues that hold them accountable, this is the ticket. Most things are 'good' (compensation, values and beneifts) and some are great (peers and the emphasis on team work and the customer). I personally like the values where you take the 80 and have 20s who are expected not just to keep you from failing but actually succeed in the mission you signed up for.

The changes in the US leadership in the last has resulted in tremendous achievements and exponentially more confidence in the mission and the commitment to our customers. I've worked for ADP and for Solera. They are very different and you cannot mistake one for the other. The last two years have been the most challenging and influential in why I think AudaExplore has the best solutions in the market for customers in the insurance and automotive industries.

I recently had the priviledge saying goodbye to a coworker who was retiring after over 25 years with the company - there's a reason that so many people have chosen to stay after 10,1 5, 20 and 25 years. And when those highly tenured teams work hard to deliver, the organization grows and welcomes new faces to bring fresh perspective and technological insights to the table that breeds more success and growth not only for the top line but for the employees.

Cons

It's been very clear the last couple of years that pay increases are tied to success in the country mission. For the typical employee who is delivering on a daily basis, there does need to be a way to keep pace with cost of living. Even though half the workforce has earned pay increases through promotion or being an exceptional performer, many solid performers are left out. Solera should have a cost of living analysis every 2-3 years to address areas where pay may fall out of the competitive range for that location. It's important to note that the first few years after Solera bought CSG from ADP were very difficult for many reasons that are stated (in some cases, over stated) in posts on this site.

Last thing I will say: it would be nice if the company name would stop changing.

-Perform cost of living assessments to ensure compensation keeps pace for the general workforce
    -Promote the existence and use of the tuition reimbursement programs so staff will take advantage of that benefit more
    -Offer incentives to volunteer and match charitable contributions
    -Be consistent in the surveys you ask employees to take, it's been a couple of years since the last one and it would be nice to share our opinions again and get an update on the initiatives management was leading after the last one

Avoid the VIS department....other departments may be better. VIS seasoned employees worth $1 more than new hires.

Current Employee - Valuation Service Representative in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Valuation Service Representative in Portland, OR

I have been working at AudaExplore - a Solera Company full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The clients are very appreciative when you help them solve problems.

Cons

Low pay. The recent new hires are making $1 less than seasoned (5+ years), dedicated employees who can knowledgeably explain complex reports to clients. It does not matter how much you have learned, helped others, improved processes or put in weekends to keep the clients satisfied.....you will not get a raise. They emphasize team work and the incentive plan. The incentive plan is points based and urges you to work for yourself. Forget taking the time to help or train others to be better, this will hurt your pocket book. Employees with 5+ dedicated years are not valued. They may throw you a gift card here and there as a gesture of goodwill which is a standard call center move. Those who know value markets and the difference between complex vehicle parts are no better paid than those who don't. Lack of follow through by management. Can't count on anything management says to really happen. It takes many years to become very knowledgeable about everything from an imported scooter to a dump truck to an attenuator to an irrigation pivot, management seems to think all this can be learned in 3 months. It can not.

1. If you say your going to do something, don't forget about it. Make an attempt to do what you say your going to do. At the very very least follow up. 2. Stop relying on the rumor mill you claim to dislike to get information out. Send clear, concise, timely announcements. 3. Pay the people who have stayed for years and generate a lot of revenue for the company fairly. Knowledge banks do not grow on trees.

Intelligent people who work hard and do the best they can.

I worked at AudaExplore - a Solera Company

Pros

Good people overall. The market ecosystem is broad with lots of opportunities to solve real market problems and make a lot of money.

Cons

Senior management needs to understand that selling below par software does not lead to sustainable growth. Focus on real priorities so that the talent within can shine.

Spend time understanding market needs and potential market size before investing time and energy to acquire or launch products.

Address software quality issues. Not fixing them now will ruin your chances for sustainable growth.

good people, bad manager(s) and little care

Former Employee - Varied in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Varied in Portland, OR

I worked at AudaExplore - a Solera Company full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some very good, helpful employees. Starting pay is good. Benefits are nice.

Cons

Management. People in the wrong places. Persons in charge that shouldn't be. If a management person doesn't want you, no matter how good you are, they will find a way to get rid of you. HR lacking.....Management doesn't listen, nor follow advice when given.

I was let go recently, in what seems to be a "witch hunt". Many people were let go, some might still be. Some deserved it, some didn't. I for sure wasn't one that deserved. That's not sour grapes. That's just the simple truth. When you are stuck on the basic level of training for almost a year, bounced between different areas without proper training, despite asking constantly for training, yet your main boss keeps ignoring and not listening, you know that boss simply doesn't want you to succeed. When I got hired, the right manager was in the right spot. I was happy to finally get on board. But shortly after, he was moved and the person in charge really let things go south from there. Badly. New ways of grading people were started, and as of yet, still haven't really been fixed to accurately grade each person and what they do. This manager's refusal to follow any advice, take any ownership for his actions and not fully understand or have any compassion for people, has really lowered moral and many people still there, are searching for work elsewhere. I am talking about people that have been there 5-10 yrs. Some longer. This manager refuses to actually LEARN what people do, despite many trying to explain it to him. He couldn't answer a phone, write up a file, send a file, update a file or anything if he tried. And many have heard him admit it. Yet, he's in charge of grading and running everyone. He simply does not care about anyone else's opinion, even if he pretends to want it. I don't think anyone has ever heard him take ownership for any mistakes. It's always "you misunderstood" or "I see your point, but you have to see it this way..". He defers all wrong doings to something or someone else, but himself. There are some really good people that are just under him in lead roles, supervisor roles, that can do a far far far better job then him. Why? They have a better grasp of the people that are there, what they do and how things work. And they listen and are willing to help you. Not just pass the buck or defer or ignore like the current manager. This place used to be a place I'd hear people want to work. Where employees would try and get their friends to apply. That's not the case anymore. I know this manager has sent emails out asking people if they know someone looking for work, to have them apply. And I can honestly say, maybe two people have done that. Others would not want their friends or family to go through what they are, right now. I feel bad for the other supervisors and leads that have to deal with the negative reaction and effects this manager has caused. And believe me, they put on a great face and do their best, but it's becoming futile. This place will NOT start receiving better reviews till things change (i.e. Management, proper IT and tech work, Proper and upgraded systems (at least 5 callers a day would call in having issues getting online...that's not mentioning the numerous issues the employees have with things freezing or crashing on them, getting training done when it's needed and people want it ( which they have finally put ONE person as a trainer and she's really good, but it's not enough ) This place still has a chance to recover and gain it's previous glory. But until people are in the right place, that know what they are doing, listen to suggestions and have some compassion for their employees, this place will continue to be rated badly. I feel like I wasted many meetings and time explaining and asking for training, offering to learn and do more. It obviously wasn't listened to by the right person and it cost me. There are great people there. But they are not used properly and the wrong person is leading them. He is best suited for IT. He wants robots, not good customer service. I will NOT recommend people apply there until this person is no longer in charge and the right moves are made to turn it around. It's sad, because this place used to be one people wanted to go to. Where people, despite some bad days, still wanted to go to work. I hope things get fixed soon. It has great potential to make so much more, to have a great employee foundation and make all their customers happier.

I've been here 10 plus years and will be here another 10 plus!

Pros

I love working here and don't like to see all the negative reviews I'm reading on this site. I'm made really good friends that I consider family here at this company. The job is fun and changes often and I love that about this place. I know for sure that that many of us get raises and bonuses AS I HAVE. I'm not a manager nor high up on the food chain either. I work hard and present my case for increases or bonuses. Funny I have to actually work to get a raise....

Cons

I have a job that pays bills for my family. I love the people I work with. The company benefits are better than most. My customers are a hoot. I guess the con is that more of us that love this place are on this site telling our side.

Keep up the changes you are making. One of my close friends is a manager and I know she works really hard to take care of her employees. I just hope you aren't discouraged by all these negative Nancys!

Jul 28, 2014VP of Human Resources

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for your UNSOLICITED feedback and comments. It was refreshing to read your review, and I am glad that you and other associates are telling the 'other" side of what its
    ... More

Sell collision estimating software is fun

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Diego, CA

Pros

The pros I would say is you get to work with a great set of people and great benefits

Cons

If you don't do good at your position. It's like any other job, you will be given the chance to improve and failure to do so. Will end in termination.

Be good to your people that are doing good and you will find more success.

Jul 27, 2014VP of Human Resources

Dear Inside Sales Representative,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on this site. Its always good to hear from current associates who enjoy what they do here. Thank you also for your "Advice

Friendly Environment

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at AudaExplore - a Solera Company full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People are friendly, helpful. Generally work life balance is good.

Cons

Compensation is not good. No clear direction from management. Minimal carrier growth.

Jul 27, 2014VP of Human Resources

Dear Software Engineer,

Thank you for your feedback. I agree we have great people and good work life balance. Recently our people created a one-of-kind mobile application for MAACO

AudaExplore - a Solera Company Photos