Audigy Group

Updated October 13, 2014
Updated October 13, 2014
3.1

Brandon M. Dawson

Motivates you to take charge of your career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Audigy Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

When I first started working at Audigy, I was told I would be compensated accordingly when I proved what I could do. This has been true time and time again. I have been motivated and challenged to be better at what I do, to think beyond what I've thought possible of myself, and to deepen my team collaboration skills. The company wants you to continue to grow and be better, whether it's through leadership training, financial planning classes, tuition reimbursement programs, or encouraging all of us to establish our own goals.

Cons

This is not a job for everyone. I wouldn't recommend my job to half the people I know. I've managed to find a work-life balance with small children, but it's been challenging. To meet the status quo isn't good enough. The company will support you in achieving any of your goals even if they're not leadership-oriented, but you must have goals and work hard. It's not about long hours, it's about learning to be efficient, to be smart, to find the key that most people never figure out. If you want a job that doesn't come home with you, make you a better person, and help you grow, apply elsewhere.

Perhaps allowing questions to be asked and answered publicly might help staff feel like management is being transparent and forthcoming.

All Fluff, No Substance.

Former Employee - Marketing in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Audigy Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Perfect fit for young inexperienced college grads looking for their first job. With their "Members" (clients) providing a bevy of work you can gain some valuable experience for your next job.

Cons

The CEO is only visible at large events and provides no real leadership or true vision. He considers himself a leadership guru, but only regurgitates messages he's read in John Maxwell books. The company profits also go to buying sports cars and watches for the "executive team" instead of paying proper wages to the workforce. Personally I was okay with working 50-60 hour weeks, but only when you pay a living wage and you don't get that with Audigy.

50% of company drinks the "kool-aid", the other 50% equates for the constant turnover.

Either change your company mission (Vision. Commitment. Execution) or learn to adhere to it. The company has felt lost for years and needs focus before spinning up new (now failing: Stratus Dental / Audigy Medical) ventures.

Innovative and Forward Thinking

I have been working at Audigy Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Incredibly smart, dedicated, and highly innovative people work for Audigy. It's fast-paced and always evolving, so for people who thrive in this type of environment, it's the ultimate place to work. The management pushes for healthy competition within the workplace, supporting a team work vibe and culture. You are rewarded for being intentional, focused, and loyal while helping the members (clients) achieve their personal, professional, and financial goals. If the members grow, the company grows, and then the staff are compensated for it. It's a win-win-win!

Cons

Fast-paced and has a lot of moving parts. It's not for everyone. There are multiple verticals that operate cross-functionally and this can sometimes cause a balance of resources issue. If a potential employee is looking for just a "job" or to be in and out between 9am and 5pm...this isn't the place for them. We work hard because we are supporting the livihoods of many members across the country - they need us.

My experience at Audigy Group has been fantastic!

I have been working at Audigy Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I really enjoy working at Audigy. It is a high paced and energy charged work environment. We collaborate well together as team's. Everyone really enjoys coming to work. The atmosphere is very positive and the Company provides a good work/life balance.

Cons

This is for people who are looking for a carrier and not just a job.

Masters of illusion - They are not what they appear to be.

I have been working at Audigy Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is a good place for people who need to get their foot in the door and build their resume. It would be a great fit for a younger, inexperienced college grad or someone who likes a call center type of environment -- lots of high fiving, hooting and hollering, party's and social time. There is no decision making or true strategy needed for the consultant positions (SBU Managers). This is a pro for the inexperienced and a con for those wanting to utilize their skills and actually perform a service. The first 3 months is an amazing high full of learning and morale boosting exercises. You'll feel like you've found a wonderful secret...and you'll want to share it with everyone.

Cons

It will be obvious to anyone who has worked at Audigy that the 4 and 5 star ratings for this company on Glass door were created by HR or the "Executive team". Therein lies one of the biggest "cons" of this company - nothing is what it seems. They are masters of illusion...experts in sales. And, don't let them fool you -- it is ALL about sales. Trumped up titles are given to people who typically lack the experience commensurate with those titles. It's difficult to find people who can answer questions partly because turnover is so high and partly because processes/policies/positions/even office locations change constantly without any consistent or clear communication. Absolute chaos that they will have you believe is by design.

I notice that a common complaint is lack of "work/life balance" and being "overworked and underpaid". It's true that there is no way you'll succeed without putting in an average of at least 50-60 hrs/week. That doesn't bother me. The issue is that most of that time is spent doing tedious/mundane work such as data entry and mindless/repetitive/unproductive busy body work.

You'll notice red flags right away, but will push them out of your mind. Within 6 months you'll know you made a mistake, but will probably stay on for quite a while longer while searching for a job or extending the time you can later attribute to this position on your resume.

You're selling a dream. So, it's important that you keep up the hype. I get that. At least cut down on labor costs for yourselves and stop wasting people's time by tailoring your recruiting efforts accordingly. You should not be looking for intelligent people who are truly innovative and wanting to make a difference. You should be looking for people who will conform to your version of non-conformity and operate within the narrow confines allotted them. What you're really looking for are salespeople - no more.
    Your turn over is already ridiculously high and is only going to increase. Of your current employees a dangerously high number are dissatisfied, but will not admit it for fear that they will be labeled a "negative Nelly". More specific advice: Let employee's focus on your clients (aka members) - reduce internal meeting time which is largely unproductive and lacking in follow-thru anyway. Hire a few people with the experience to lead...and give them the ability to do so. Companies with this level of dissatisfaction and turnover do not succeed. You are in a state of decline which should have been evident at the stage of hubris.

great

I worked at Audigy Group

Pros

Looking ahead, work-like balance, training, promotion

Cons

travel, pay, time off,

be accessible

Dysfunctional Company

Current Employee - Manager in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Audigy Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Somehow they seem to attract and hire a lot of smart people and the members are mostly grateful for the services that we supply to them.

Cons

Don't believe the hype. People are overworked and underpaid. High turnover rate and inexperienced managers keep morale low. Those reviews are 100% accurate.

The CEO promotes himself relentlessly, considers himself a leadership guru, but is the worst leader ever.

He is a snake oil salesman who came up with a unique business model that keeps the company profitable in spite of his reckless spending and ego-driven 'leadership' initiatives (thankfully the other two partners are fiscally responsible).

CEO screams at people frequently, he plays favorites, he convinces interns to quit college then elevates them higher than upper management and lets them 'run' departments even though they are incapable - then experienced managers have to clean up their messes after getting yelled at by the CEO for not 'setting up' the teenagers 'for success'. In general, this guy has little to no buy-in from staff, and neither does his motley crew of teenage inexperienced 'leadership managers'.

He can't even come up with his own leadership material, he videotapes himself ranting using other people's material then forces the entire company to 'voluntarily' watch the videos, and managers are told to enforce the watching. It's painful.

When the CEO disappears for months, everything runs relatively smoothly. When he shows back up and decides to change company messaging or decides to start new 'verticals' -then the company goes into a tailspin morale-wise and the blaming and finger pointing accelerates on all levels. It's sad.

Anyone who makes it to three years plays the game, meaning kissing up to the CEO or learning the random 'messaging' that makes no sense in the real world but means everything to Audigy corporate.

Here's the thing - the CEO founded the company and he will never be very successful at his mediocre leadership training, so he will always come back to Audigy. He thinks he can duplicate this business model for other industries, but so far is failing miserably in the first 'vertical' for dental industry (yes, he is blaming and screaming at the people who work there like it's their fault).

You want him to be successful somewhere else so that he will disappear, but it's not going to happen.

If you do want to work at Audigy, there are jobs where you will never have to see him or be affected by his toxic strategies (except when he brings morale down at staff meetings), these departments include finance, bookkeeping, some marketing jobs and IT.

It usually takes a few months to clue into the dysfunctional aspects of the company, most people stay longer because they want to have a job before quitting. But recently people have been just quitting without new jobs even though they are promised promotions and incentives to stay. That tells you how messed up this place is.

At the end if the day, no matter how much you like your co-workers in your immediate departments and no matter how loyal you are to them, there are better paying jobs and less toxic work environments in the Vancouver/Portland areas, you just have to be patient and you will find them.

Figure out how to remove the CEO from the day-to-day operations of the company.

Good People Working for Poorly Managed Company

I have been working at Audigy Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

In general, wonderful people to work with on a smaller team basis, gratifying to help our members with their businesses. Unique and successful business model, but only in the audiology space.

Cons

Don't believe the planted positive reviews. People are overworked and underpaid. The CEO is an egomanaic who preaches about leadership, yet shows up at staff meetings and tells everyone that they are unremarkable and don't work hard enough. Every time he shows up anywhere, morale goes down. Most of the top leaders have little to no management experience and it shows. As a result, turnover is way too high for such a small company. The CEO has created a climate of finger pointing and blaming when it comes to implementing the random messaging he comes up with every six months, and he only promotes people who regurgitate his nonsense and kiss his behind rather than promoting based on merit or experience.

Convince the CEO to step down and let the other partners run the company. Stick with hearing aids and continue building a successful business instead of trying to expand unsuccessfully to other industries to satisfy the CEO's ego.

Over promised

I have been working at Audigy Group

Pros

Great coworkers, and for the most part everyone works as a team.

Cons

Not a positive place to work. Leadership points fingers and the work culture is very poor. High turnover.

If you're looking to achieve your personal, professional, and financial goals...You need to set the bar higher!

I worked at Audigy Group full-time

Pros

Lots of interesting places to travel to and lots of good members to work with. Also, good people, but they never last long.

Cons

Extremely high turnover rate! There are a lot of meaningless promotions handed out by senior staff. If you like "verticals" and self help books, then this is the place for you. If you are looking for a "career" that last longer than three years, then pass. Just like their Google Reviews, the first few are from honest employees. The rest are from senior managers conducting damage control and trying to improve their ranking.

Good leaders aren't determined by their "watch, shoes, pen, and what kind of car they drive". Spend more time focusing on why good people leave your company.