Auditor of Public Accounts

Updated June 4, 2014

CEO

Information Security Auditor

I worked at Auditor of Public Accounts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Young staff. Well respected. Fun audits (universities). Great start to career. State has great vacation standards. I worked 10 hr days and with holidays, for 4 months I had one day or 1/2 day off from work. Recruiters are amazing! Great stepping stone into other agencies.

Cons

When I started the training was limited, though it was supported. Pay is rough but that's with any state agency.

Just keep encouraging the APA to be a stepping stone into the various state agencies.

Not well managed, does not value diversity, and a weak work culture

Former Employee - Auditor  in  Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Auditor in Richmond, VA

I worked at Auditor of Public Accounts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

State holidays and teleworking 1 day from home

Cons

Lack of diversity, No growth opportunities. Antiquated facilities. Pay. Do not support their employees in their professional development.

A lot of politics from the top down

Great jump start

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Auditor of Public Accounts

Pros

Good work life balance, decent training (mostly on the job), incredible flexability, good work culture, young and energetic work culture, good use of technology and telecommuting securely.

Cons

Quality of management depends on your assignments, not so great pay, somewhat disorganized, certain managers make advancement very difficult due to politics

Need to institute a little more structure and standards for completing work, your work experience varies too much from project to project, expectations also vary between managers making it difficult to know how to succeed.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Audit is my life.

Current Employee - Audit Specialist  in  Khobar (Saudi Arabia)
    Current Employee - Audit Specialist in Khobar (Saudi Arabia)

I have been working at Auditor of Public Accounts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Audit is the world which makes u responsible of every thing in the financial department, it makes your ethics different for good even your life style because your dealing with the most powerful men in companies so i like this kind of job.
    There is one more thing which is : audit makes your brain thinks for solving a problem in a different ways, it makes you an independence guy who's want to make his own path with his own way at his responsibility and that what i like.

Cons

First of all i want to say that audit is tough so if you like a people whom search for an easy job or if you don't want to make a big future don't think about this kind because it's so hard to work under the international financial reports standards while you don't have that strong person inside you.
    the second thing is if your not brilliant and skillful don't think about the audit because in this field when you have a problem u have to think about ten ways to solve it not only one way.
    and the third thing is the working hours it takes along time.

Only one point which is so important to be a good manager and the point is : When you reach this level please don't think that makes you better than everyone and when you receive a solution from one of your stuff who's lower than you don't think that he is underestimating you, no when you find some one like this person don't waste him because he think about the all not only himself.

My job description is preparation of statements of sales tax and income tax with assisting to my Boss

Current Employee - Accounts Executive  in  Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Accounts Executive in Bangalore (India)

Pros

Because its good profession in this profession everyone is touch with you like Private employee to Business man

Cons

Getting of various knowledge with different peoples

Better pay elsewhere

I have been working at Auditor of Public Accounts

Pros

Good, steady progression
    stable increment in terms of pay, it will get to a comfortable level in 3 years
    good colleagues

Cons

Slow progression, promotion is very much based on time in organisation
    Looked down by other people, feel slighted and not much respect from client

varies, very much dependent on the manager you work under, client is also important, with more budget you get more benefits

Worked for Auditor of Public Accounts? Contribute to the Community!