Audubon Engineering

Add Photos

Lee Beckett, P.E.

Audubon Engineering / Family

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat People. Great Values. Fun place to work.

ConsInsurance could be better. No one likes a high deductible.

Enjoy coming to work everyday!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsI have been here for almost a year and the time has flown by. Very rewarding work. Great culture. I appreciate how they value work-life balance. I feel like I'm part of a great team.

The management truly cares about their employees. I've read a few negative reviews and can only imagine they are from disgruntled employees. Don't believe the negative posts.

ConsEvery growing company has growing pains - expect it.

Challenging but fun

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe engineering division I work for is growing very rapidly. The pace is fast and there are understandable growing pains, but the smaller projects allow me to work on a variety of clients which I like. The people here are easy going, and the company does a lot of cool things for employees like sponsoring employee golf tournaments, crawfish boils, etc.

Conslike with most project based companies, the workload can go from manageable to crazy busy at times. I hear management is working on solutions to proactively distribute work across teams to address the spikes.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place to Work!

Process Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsFast paced, varied projects, great people, fun environment. I really enjoy the culture here. We have a lot of employee outings and events.

ConsHard to find enough good people to join the company. Growth rate and opportunities are good, but could be better if there were more good people coming into the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore visibility. More training opportunities for younger engineers and designers. GOLD program is good but needs to expanded.

A waste of my time

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt was a fun place to work once.

ConsThe culture has gotten overly political and egos of management are out of control. Individual contributions are not valued unless you suck up to these guys. It was stressful, unrewarding and a complete waste of my time. They've effectively gotten rid of just about everyone over 40 in the past year. You don't really ahve to have nay skills or talent to work there, just look nice and kiss up.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave

This company is great to their employees, but is complacent with ineffective employees.

Engineer (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThe management as well as the employees want to see you succeed and genuinely care about each other a lot.

ConsThe company is so concerned with being good to their employees, they don't get rid of the dead weight. This makes some people over-accountable, and allows others to remain unaccountable.

Advice to Senior Managementget rid of worthless people

Good Company- Total Flexibility

ProsPerks:
    1) Match 3 % salary for 401K
    2) Contribute $700 a year to your HSA account
    3) Total Flexibility about scheduling
    4) Everyone is pretty friendly
    5) Salary is above average for the market conditions
    5) Multi-tasking a must. Multiple projects at any given time.

ConsDisadvantages:
    1) No standards on projects, usually client specific. Document your basis for everything.
    2) Not many cons that I see, very flexible from a work-life balance standpoint.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue strengthening you middle to upper level positions within the organization.

The new management situation is ridiculous. By the way, Brian Maddox is no longer the CEO. He was good. They aren't.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsI am unsure what pros there are, considering your future is based on whether or not you were close to management that recently left.

ConsVery political landscape. They are willing to lie about this, but it is true.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou know each other well. Don't let the entire company go down with the giant ego running the engineering company. He'll destroy it.

If you have NO other offers, Audubon is the place for you...but no security...period!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood equipment.
    Good location.
    401k match.
    Minimum benefits.

ConsDo not believe in employee development or training.
    Talk "we care" game, but no job security.
    Performance does not matter.
    Arbitrary decisions on personnel based on owner whims.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep thinking you have skill as business people. Whatever you do, never reward people in overhead who saved you hundreds of thousands. You guys are SO bright, where are my shades.

Really Gone Downhill

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsUsed to be a good place to work

ConsSenior management egos out of control

Advice to Senior Managementleave

Worked for Audubon Engineering? Contribute to the Community!