August Accessories

www.augustacc.com

August Accessories Reviews in Oxnard, CA

August Accessories – Oxnard – “Corporate Office”

Not yet rated.

Roque Valladares

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Hard work, creativity and dedication will be rewarded!

PR/Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Oxnard, CA

ProsSmall and growing company in an innovative field. Creativity is welcomed and encouraged. True talent is recognized, cultivated, appreciated and rewarded. Ability to voice an idea and have your opinion be heard, then ultimately followed through with and have your projects carried out. On the cutting edge of design and style regarding "accessories" product category and no day is ever really the "same old thing" at the office making your job fun. Sink or swim atmosphere where you don't have to worry too much about being micro-managed, but you do have to know what you are doing and stick to your guns-confidence and experience is a must with limited hand holding. Casual and friendly work environment promoting a family operated feel. Prove yourself and you will gain/earn trust.

ConsSpeak up or you may run the risk of never being heard-management does not have the time to checkup on everybody...nor should they truthfully. Sometimes the small startup feel is a little tough to deal with if you're accustomed to working at a large corporate level with multiple departments/people contributing to direction and strategies-so beware-but this could be why they hired you in the first place and if you're smart you should work it to your advantage. I honestly don't know if all the above can actually really be considered cons and for this employee (me) personally they are pros and a large part of what drew me to AA to begin with; as it allows the strong to shine and be more readily considered for advancement. However, like I said above, be prepared to take the ball and run with it always trusting in your instincts. This is not a place for passive personalities or self-doubting people who think an "idea" or "fulfilling daily job duties" is enough...you must know how to execute and be willing to put in the extra work where your innovations and effort will definitely be noticed.

Advice to Senior ManagementInternal communication and planning could be a little bit better in regards to product releases and general overall company initiatives. Growing pains are not always easy to deal with so be flexible and willing to learn from, communicate, recognize and share past mistakes with your most trusted and valued workers. A company is only as good as its employees and sometimes you have to realize that not only are you viewed as "the boss" but also a mentor-if people are eager to learn from you then feed that desire as that's what will keep you around for years to come and build the most important trait of all...loyalty. We believe in AA and wouldn't be here if we didn't or see a solid chance for opportunity and career potential.

Not the same place; not the same thing.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oxnard, CA

ProsExcellent customer base. Committed to continuous improvement. Encourage feedback from all levels of the organization. Developing talent and creating an environment focused on attracting and retaining the best employees in their respective fields.

ConsExplosive growth rate brings lots of change. Flexibility is a must.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. Remain true to your core values as you strive to take the company to the next level.

Good company, good people

ProsFamily-feel, but professional environment
    Fast pace / growing business
    Open to ideas
    Good mix of newer staff as well as long term staff

ConsIf you want big company corporate, AA may not be for you

Advice to Senior ManagementI have seen the company for many years work hard through various economic conditions. I think overall, they have done a good job as the company is really growing and doing good things.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Do not apply at August Accessories

ProsCasual dress code.
    Freedom to come and go as you please as long as upper management doesn't catch you.

ConsNo management - upper management always behind closed doors.
    No structure, no one to go to with a problem.
    No HR department, employees can get away with treating each other badly.
    Reviews are non existent, raises are non existent.
    Expected to work more than 40 hours a week, you are looked upon with a frown if you leave after 8 hours each day.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the company to someone that cares about their employees.

Be cautious if you come from a corporate environment ...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Oxnard, CA

ProsThe company has potential in regards to the products in which they manufacture.
    Casual dresscode.

ConsUnfortunately the company operates like a startup company rather than a company that has been in business for 20+ years. Extremely high turn over. There is no support from management, both junior and senior. The company does absolutely nothing to boost the morale of its’ employees. Abusive environment that offers no outlet for employees to voice their opinions; Senior management is aware but fails to react. HR is non-existent therefore there is no way to confidentially voice your concerns or place corrective action to those behaving inappropriately. Oftentimes employees are retaliated against for minor things like calling out sick, or voicing an opposing opinion. No opportunity for upward movement. Wages are low for the extra hours you work (non-paid). The casual environment is almost too casual – translation, inappropriate and offensive horseplay. Plenty of unprofessionalism on management level.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management – wake up! Talk to your employees. Bring in a consultant, or an HR person, that will offer the employees a confidential way of voicing their concerns – good or bad. Take note and act on them. Without this, you have no idea of how your employees truly feel.

Worked for August Accessories? Contribute to the Community!