Augusta State University

Be The First To
Add Photos

Reese Library

Library Assistant (Former Employee) Augusta, GA

ProsWonderful support staff and coworkers
    Education-oriented atmosphere
    Permeating desire to learn and aid others present throughout the department

ConsPay grades for part-time employees
    Hiring process has become frustrating after the consolidation

Advice to Senior ManagementFriendly and courteous. They notice when new staff do and do not perform well. Overall, it was an extremely enjoyable experience.

Work Place

Office Associate (Current Employee) Augusta, GA

ProsThe working environment is great.

ConsNo raises in several years.

Low salary, but great community...

Web/Graphic Design Assistant (Current Employee) Augusta, GA

ProsEducation benefits, smaller campus, quick connections, good resources.

ConsLower salary than most state universities, going through a consolidation, hard to get in if you are not a graduate of ASU.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great job for full time student

Continuing Education Department (Former Employee) Augusta, GA

ProsFlexible hours, office hours very similar to student schedule, simple tasks, great way to get higher education experience, enjoyed the independence I got with the job. I was often able to study for tests whenever I needed. Most people were pleasant to work with, and the ones that were not weren't always around.

ConsMany times I was told to do things one way, only to be told less than 6 months later to do it differently (sometimes in much less time than that) - often I was informed of these changes after I completed the task and was told to redo the project or task because "I did it wrong". Sometimes other assistants wouldn't complete something because they knew you would be coming in next.

Advice to Senior ManagementStudents, overall - not just at ConEd, do not to be given tasks that they cannot complete without upper management. I experience this on campus a lot.

Working to Work

ProsCurrently the size of the campus affords the luxury of being able to meet alot of employees from across the campus within various departments. It has a family feel that is refreshing. It seems that everyone wants to see the University prosper.

ConsThe merger with GHSU provides alot of uncertainty which leads to fear of the unknown. Why bother is a common thread among middle management.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually communicate visions of the future.

Worked for Augusta State University? Contribute to the Community!