Aunt Marthas Youth Services Center

Raul Garza

Case Manager

Current Employee - Case Manager
    Current Employee - Case Manager

I have been working at Aunt Marthas Youth Services Center full-time for less than a year

Pros

Personal growth within the company. Great company.

Cons

They need a better starting pay

A great learning experience with a variety of diagnoses, cultures and different perspective of how tings are done.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Aunt Marthas Youth Services Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with the children. They are so intelligent and appear to persevere even after all they have been through. Many of these clients come here after going through traumatic situations and still find a way to strive. All they want to do is be kids, and at Aunt Martha's we have been able to provide them that opportunity. Staff really shows that they care for these children as if they are their own, whether it be tough love after bad decisions or a hug and a shoulder to cry on when needed most.

Cons

Upper management needs a lot of work. They over run their employees who are working for little play. They don't know much of what is going on in the company in terms of knowing each individual client's situation. They don't act as if they care to get to know their situations. I believe this would help to better serve these children, if management can understand what the children are going through, they can better provide access to services they need. There is no consistency, things are changing on a daily basis, no one is on the same page.

There needs to be a better sense of unity among staff and upper management. We need consistency, we need to feel and know that you care about your employees and the clients they are working with on a daily basis. Open your eyes and spend time with these kids so you can again become passionate in wanting to better their lives rather than your check book.

Excellent learning experience but dangerous culture

I worked at Aunt Marthas Youth Services Center

Pros

Diverse organization with large scale reach into many different communities across Illinois that offers a great learning environment for staff.

Cons

Senior level management is primarily concerned with PR, external relationships and positioning for the next opportunity so overlooking employees and their perspective is easy to do.

Don't burn out your staff to build a truly wonderful place to work. The productivity and reputation you desire will follow.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Demoralizing

Former Employee - Clinical Staff  in  Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Clinical Staff in Aurora, IL

I worked at Aunt Marthas Youth Services Center for more than a year

Pros

I had a great supervisor and got great clinical experience

Cons

Their "per encounter" system for patient visits, regardless of length or complexity, encouraged turnstile care, malpractice, and providing phony "care" to every family member in the room to pad billing and productivity numbers

Employees kept who were unethical, unprofessional, dishonest and incompetent provided they could push enough warm bodies through

Thieves literally. I would have my lunch clearly labeled with my name. People would take it, eat half, and put back the rest. I had to keep my kleenex, pens, paper, etc under lock and key

Very anti teamwork, very lord of the flies. Different departments and supervisors would undermine each other.

The facilities were terrible. Very inadequate space and poorly kept. The employee kitchen was always filthy, with bugs, dirty dishes, etc. The bathrooms were like gas station bathrooms. No parking. Employees forced to park on street or in nearby lots all of which had parking meters.

Get a better facility. Study the idea of teamwork. Install security cameras and fire people who steal. Ditch the per encounter system

Unorganized and bad management!

Former Employee - Registration
    Former Employee - Registration

I worked at Aunt Marthas Youth Services Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

What I loved about working at Aunt Martha's are my co-workers. There are very few but great people that work there.

Cons

Management lack of customer service and employee relations. They would humiliate and ridicule employees in front of clients. They don't follow up on tuition reimbursement. They are not ethical.

If management ever read this I hope they understand that we love what we do but would like to be treated with respect.

Cma

Current Employee - Medical Assistant  in  Toulon, IL
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Toulon, IL

Pros

Learning experience. Friendly place. Pleasure working for

Cons

Pay. Advances. Offer classes for language

Better pay. Advancement. Open door

nice

Former Employee - Medical Assistant  in  Hazel Crest, IL
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Hazel Crest, IL

I worked at Aunt Marthas Youth Services Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

growth, benefits, and the people

Cons

sometimes it was very unorganized

make sure there is enough staff on the schedule to work

A job not a career

Current Employee - Worker  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Worker in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Aunt Marthas Youth Services Center as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

A job that pays the bills... well at least some of them.

Cons

Unprofessional
    Unorganized
    Opportunities for advancement is limited if at all
    Lack of managerial experience
    Unethical

New management

Typical residential

Former Employee - Family Educator
    Former Employee - Family Educator

I worked at Aunt Marthas Youth Services Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great co-workers to work with.

Cons

Clients are unpredictable. Overworked under paid. Like most social services.

Proivde positive and open communication with clients in need of psychiatric services.

Current Employee - Bilingual Social Worker  in  Hoffman Estates, IL
    Current Employee - Bilingual Social Worker in Hoffman Estates, IL

I have been working at Aunt Marthas Youth Services Center full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Proivded psychiatric services and medication management for a patients who otherwise have no access to health care. Utilizing learned skills; school setting, Illinois mental health code and standards, DSM IV, case management and Clinic Coordinator for rural ares.

Cons

Follow-through with patients attening their appointments. Education on mental health and the importance of taking medications to a population that has poor education and limited understanding of mental health.

Continue to proivde workshops on mental health education, follow-up with the established guidelines with clients and case managers to hold all parties responsible for their duties.

Worked for Aunt Marthas Youth Services Center? Contribute to the Community!