Aunt Millie's Bakeries

Great Company

Current Employee - Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Merchandiser

I have been working at Aunt Millie's Bakeries part-time for less than a year

Pros

Get in, get out! Go in when you're suppose to, get out when you're finished with your work. Decent pay for easy work.

Cons

Minimal hours, no more than 13 per week. Not really any higher job opportunities unless someone quits or gets fired.

More job opportunity, more hours, please! I love my job as a merchandiser for Aunt Millie's. Only problems are that it's minimal, I can't get any more than 13 hours per week. but it does make as a nice back up pay check. I would definitely recommend to another person.

Look Elsewhere

Former Employee - Labor
    Former Employee - Labor

I worked at Aunt Millie's Bakeries full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Not many pays better than min wage

Cons

Treat their people like dirt actively throws the law of the land under the bus -actively discriminates against employees on job assignments especially gender based-have watched management scream and yell at employees and tell them how stupid they are for very minor infractions.If you are sick such as lets say heart trouble or asthma they will try to get you out the door permanently-I worked for them for 9 years don't be afraid to take legal action.

you will have to answer for you sins eventually

Not Who they use to be

I have been working at Aunt Millie's Bakeries

Pros

Pay, if you have experience and know the right people, Some really good people to work with.

Cons

Not knowing what your worth and working for crumbs they then offer, Middle management not having a clue what there doing and not being able to make a decision because that will make them look bad, Letting good people go and letting the lazy ones to continue to fall thru the cracks and stay employed, They lie to there employees and there accounts, No life out side of this job and on call 24/7... The list goes on but you get the hint... look else where

Pick a direction and stick with it!

You use to be a family company and cared about your employees
    (Your all about now squeezing that last bit of blood out of the turnip)

Also get a clue about your Management, they don't have a clue.

And on a last note ,Chicago will never be Michigan so loosen up the belt if you want to play in the city.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I love it!

Current Employee - Grocery-Sales Merchandiser  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Grocery-Sales Merchandiser in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Aunt Millie's Bakeries part-time for less than a year

Pros

I am a part-time grocery merchandiser for Aunt Millies and I absolutely love it! The hours are early which is great to me, they try and find a route that is close to your home, and the job itself is pretty easy(especially for $16/hr.)

Cons

No benefits or vacations currently.

Management is a JOKE!!!

Former Employee - Route Sales Representative  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Route Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Aunt Millie's Bakeries full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Co-workers are OK and benefits...that is all!

Cons

LONG work hours...10+ per day
    6 days a week for the first 8 years!
    No family LIFE!
    Management does not care about you, unless they have to do your job if your sick!

Get a clue...Sales reps are worked like DOGS! Get out of the office more often. Work with your reps once a week to see what the job is like.

DO NOT WORK HERE!

Current Employee - Merchandiser  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Aunt Millie's Bakeries part-time for more than a year

Pros

Hours are ok, to say the least.

Cons

No insurance for part time employees.
    No gas reimbursement for merchandisers.
    No opportunity for full time work.
    No room for advancement.
    Store receiver complaints are not handled properly. I've been reporting complaints from the receivers about poor delivery service on my route to management for the past six months and nothing's changed.
    HR is impossible to get ahold of.

Instead of hiring a bunch of new part time merchandisers, try giving your current part timers full time work. Also, it would help if you terminate certain employees that are not performing up to standards and hence costing the company money.

A great position with a great company!

Current Employee - Loader
    Current Employee - Loader

I have been working at Aunt Millie's Bakeries

Pros

Wonderful Pay!!! Flexible start time. Good benefits for part-time. Work alone. Flexible pace. Management friendly and competent. Feeling of independence and accomplishment.

Cons

Not too many down sides. However, because as a branch loader, you work alone all night in the warehouse by yourself (at most branches), its sort of a safety hazard. If you are injured, no one will find you until the route drivers come in that morning. Another con is you have little access to HR regarding benefits, pay issues etc.. Your Branch Manager is your goto person. Since they are always busy, its difficult to get HR related info relayed to you.

Branch Management does a great job! Maybe enforce I/O warehouse policies a little more to ensure that the I/O's aren't leaving the warehouse in shambles when they depart. Other than that, no cons!

Worked for Aunt Millie's Bakeries? Contribute to the Community!