Aunt Millie's Bakeries Reviews

2.8
John F. Popp

1. Corporate office

I worked at Aunt Millie's Bakeries full-time

Pros

Small family owned business allows you to accomplish tasks without much corporate red tape.

Cons

Wear a lot of caps since it is a small company. Very few opportunities for advancement. They will give you more responsibilities without incremental raises to account for the increased responsibility.

2. Shipping

Former Employee - Shipper
    Former Employee - Shipper

I worked at Aunt Millie's Bakeries

Pros

3 days a week 16.90 wage for zero education and knowledge not bad for a dead end job. Can go to school while you work here and leave and not give a notice

Cons

No breaks over 12 hr shift never more than a 10 cent raise and absolutely horendous management. Will call you every day that you have off to come in and if you dont you become worth less to them. Once your in shipping you will never leave unless you agree to work in shipping on your off days to cover for others. Definite factory rat nest. Filthy work areas they "clean" your work gloves to save money but they are sweat nasty dirty gloves and cheat the yearly reviews and audits.

Advice to Management

Pay attention, find relief for the shipping department someone is going to get hurt back there.

3. Good

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Temperance, MI
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Temperance, MI

I worked at Aunt Millie's Bakeries

Pros

Competitive pay, flexible schedule, direct contact with manager, little to no supervision

Cons

Take advantage of your schedule, always adding hours to your schedule for their benefit

5. Fun to work for!!

Current Employee - Part-Time Grocery-Sales Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Part-Time Grocery-Sales Merchandiser

I have been working at Aunt Millie's Bakeries part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love the independance, I like the raises (when we get one), the pay is pretty good.

Cons

No gas reimbursement (I put on over 5,000 miles just doing my job.), No room for growth.

Advice to Management

Give gas reimbursement to merchandisers ( they do a lot of driving for the company), give them holiday pay (we want to be with friends or family too, but we get stuck working holidays.), change how people get promoted within ( doesn't matter how many openings, once RSR's have their chance, ask merchandisers, then go outside the company. Employees should not have to send a resume to a ad that's on cereer builder to be considered for a job.

6. Very Distrustful Company

I worked at Aunt Millie's Bakeries full-time

Pros

Collected a paycheck each week.

Cons

Management has no idea what they are doing. Change direction more than the wind.A total joke

Advice to Management

Stay in one direction and move forward.

7. Great Company

Current Employee - Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Merchandiser

I have been working at Aunt Millie's Bakeries part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get in, get out! Go in when you're suppose to, get out when you're finished with your work. Decent pay for easy work.

Cons

Minimal hours, no more than 13 per week. Not really any higher job opportunities unless someone quits or gets fired.

Advice to Management

More job opportunity, more hours, please! I love my job as a merchandiser for Aunt Millie's. Only problems are that it's minimal, I can't get any more than 13 hours per week. but it does make as a nice back up pay check. I would definitely recommend to another person.

8. Look Elsewhere

Former Employee - Labor
    Former Employee - Labor

I worked at Aunt Millie's Bakeries full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Not many pays better than min wage

Cons

Treat their people like dirt actively throws the law of the land under the bus -actively discriminates against employees on job assignments especially gender based-have watched management scream and yell at employees and tell them how stupid they are for very minor infractions.If you are sick such as lets say heart trouble or asthma they will try to get you out the door permanently-I worked for them for 9 years don't be afraid to take legal action.

Advice to Management

you will have to answer for you sins eventually

9. Not Who they use to be

I have been working at Aunt Millie's Bakeries

Pros

Pay, if you have experience and know the right people, Some really good people to work with.

Cons

Not knowing what your worth and working for crumbs they then offer, Middle management not having a clue what there doing and not being able to make a decision because that will make them look bad, Letting good people go and letting the lazy ones to continue to fall thru the cracks and stay employed, They lie to there employees and there accounts, No life out side of this job and on call 24/7... The list goes on but you get the hint... look else where

Advice to Management

Pick a direction and stick with it! You use to be a family company and cared about your employees (Your all about now squeezing that last bit of blood out of the turnip) Also get a clue about your Management, they don't have a clue. And on a last note ,Chicago will never be Michigan so loosen up the belt if you want to play in the city.

I love it!

Current Employee - Grocery-Sales Merchandiser in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Grocery-Sales Merchandiser in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Aunt Millie's Bakeries part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am a part-time grocery merchandiser for Aunt Millies and I absolutely love it! The hours are early which is great to me, they try and find a route that is close to your home, and the job itself is pretty easy(especially for $16/hr.)

Cons

No benefits or vacations currently.

Management is a JOKE!!!

Former Employee - Route Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Route Sales Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Aunt Millie's Bakeries full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Co-workers are OK and benefits...that is all!

Cons

LONG work hours...10+ per day 6 days a week for the first 8 years! No family LIFE! Management does not care about you, unless they have to do your job if your sick!

Advice to Management

Get a clue...Sales reps are worked like DOGS! Get out of the office more often. Work with your reps once a week to see what the job is like.

RSS Feed </> Embed