Auntie Anne's

Updated December 16, 2014
Updated December 16, 2014

Auntie Anne's President & CEO William Dunn
William Dunn

Pros
  • Free pretzels and a nice peaceful atmosphere to work in (in 12 reviews)

• Fun making pretzels makes time go by fast, relatively easy job (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • No opportunity for growth, poor owner involvement, low pay (in 5 reviews)

• Also being a minimum wage job with no foreseeable raises there is little incentive to stay on board for the long run (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Just pretzels and lemonade.

Current Employee - Shift Lead in Merrimack, NH
    Current Employee - Shift Lead in Merrimack, NH

I have been working at Auntie Anne's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of hours to pick up, easy management position on my resume. This job is demanding but really increases one work ethic and has developed me in a more professional manor.

Cons

You work with pretzels and lemonade. The only bad thing is when the malls are in the slow season drama starts.

Be more straight forward to employees.

The best

I have been working at Auntie Anne's

Pros

Cinna sticks are f***ing amazing

Cons

No thing bad to say

Have kelly work everyday

Managing a snack place

Current Employee - Store Manager in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Auntie Anne's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Job isn't very difficult, pretzels are quite good

Cons

Company tries to dictate every aspect of management: from hiring/terming to how you write your schedule.

Be in the store more often

Good starting company

Former Employee - Crew Member in Strongsville, OH
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Strongsville, OH

I worked at Auntie Anne's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You could take home pretzels if you closed, it was a really simple job. As long as you tried to upsell and make combos and such, they treated you well. Lots of opportunities to pick up shifts and get some hours. The coworkers were awesome while I was there. Great company overall.

Cons

Pretty small raises, not very much room for advancement unless you're at corporate. My manager was kind of ridiculous sometimes when it came to just nitpicking everyone. Kinda sucks around the holidays, but every mall job sucks then. This is a good first job/high school job.

better raises, people will stick around longer.

Pretty Good

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Syracuse, NY
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Syracuse, NY

I worked at Auntie Anne's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun making pretzels makes time go by fast, relatively easy job. Most Co-workers are great and love talking to regulars.

Cons

Sometimes times are slow and all you are doing is making product and throwing it away. it is kind of depressing but what can you do?

Good workers bad management

Former Employee - Shift Manager in Duluth, GA
    Former Employee - Shift Manager in Duluth, GA

I worked at Auntie Anne's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good workers
    Nice customers
    Discount
    Made friends
    Good for college students

Cons

Management
    Salary
    Cut time
    Dont pay for overtime

Care more bout your workers.

Fantastic Starting Job

Former Employee - Shift Leader in Limerick, PA
    Former Employee - Shift Leader in Limerick, PA

I worked at Auntie Anne's part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My location had some great people, amazing flexibility, and fantastic hours, at least in the summer months. Last minute situations that came up were handled tactfully, shift switching was allowed, and the work was easy. The main owner was a fantastic guy who really cared about his employees, and compensation was great for a starting high school job! There was a lot of opportunity for moving up in the store--they rarely hired outside management.

Cons

There tended to be a decent amount of personal drama that affected the work place and wasn't always handle the best by management. Work was sometimes very physically demanding in terms of endurance--long shifts especially during holidays and extreme heat during the summer, as we were an outdoor location.

There needed to be more emphasis on professional work life. There were a lot of indications of favorism and an upsetting amount of personal drama brought into the work place that shouldn't have been allowed.

Worst company I've had the displeasure of working for

I worked at Auntie Anne's part-time

Pros

Easy to learn.. and I suppose free pretzels aren't bad.

Cons

It can become incredibly overwhelming when a rush of customers come. The stores are tiny, and yet during peak hours they will shove at least 12 employees just in the front (not including the 4 or 5 working in the back). I had the misfortune of being a cashier, and it gets old. Quick. Especially if you are never rotated.

Upper management is INCREDIBLY CHEAP. All of my coworkers could not STAND working there, and they were there longer than me. Management has been cutting back on employee perks over the years, and giving no incentive whatsoever or praise whenever a successful secret shop is done.
    On top off all of this, our store was a high volume store. Which also meant never getting a weekend off, ever. They will work you to the bone and give you nothing to show for it.

Personally, I found this to be by far the absolute worst company I've ever worked for.

Stop caring more about pretzel sales than your own employees.

Managerial balancing act

Former Employee - Manager in Monroe, LA
    Former Employee - Manager in Monroe, LA

I worked at Auntie Anne's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This employer gives budding managers a great, low-stress environment to get real-world experience about how a business runs. Inventory control, hiring and termination practices, time management skills, and predicting labor needs.

Cons

Your biggest challenges are going to be employee management. Frequently, you might find yourself filling in for employees that call in and cannot work. Predicting inventory needs can be tricky for seasonal work, especially if you have no historical view from previous years. People (customers) get very very worked up over product freshness, including raking coffee, sugar, napking, and straw dispensers off of your counter. Additionally, you e really got to watch your employees to make sure that they are not trading your merchandise for other vendor merchandise. Finally, it is best practice to avoid employing stoners, but you may find that they are psychologically more able to handle the tedium and mind games that come from some of the more unbalanced customers.

Makes sure your franchise owners are actually maintaining that equipment. Kona filters on soda machines go unchanged for years. Safety cages on mixers off for months. Ovens with loose hinges, causing the door to fall open and burn employees.

It was not as relaxed as you'd expect

Former Employee - Shift Leader in Kentwood, MI
    Former Employee - Shift Leader in Kentwood, MI

I worked at Auntie Anne's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Shifts are typically kept short

Cons

Small staff, small work environment, Kentwood location specifically is a dreadful place to work. Store manager doesn't keep after his employees. Things get confused and not done.