Aurecon

Aurecon Reviews

Updated Mar 31, 2014

Paul Hardy

ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Aurecon

Prosrelaxed working environment, good pay

Conssome ppl don't work hard

Unfair treatment of employees

Engineering (Former Employee)
Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)

I worked at Aurecon full-time for more than 3 years

ProsYou get to learn a lot about company politics when working with Aurecon as this is the company's #1 priority.

ConsYour value to the company is determined by the name of the person who appointed you and not your qualification, performance, or dedication.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no advice because the problem goes all the way to the top. The company's problem is also the company's culture.

Strange and aloof upper management and bullies rule

I have been working at Aurecon full-time for more than 5 years

ProsA strong commitment to onsite health and safety and some very good people and interesting projects.

ConsDon't even think of complaining about abusive, narcissistic bullies because they are a protected species - and you will come off second best
Some really good and popular senior managers who hold the place together are being let go for no apparent reason
Senior management is aloof and disconnected from the staff
A large number of redundancies of very good people at the moment and low morale
Very hard to get offered shares, most of which are held by the chosen few anyway
Career advancement difficult

Advice to Senior ManagementDo a clean out of some senior managers
Start engaging more with staff
Start taking allegations of abuse and bullying more seriously - in fact, just sack the bullies

OK So Far

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)
Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at Aurecon full-time for less than a year

Pros• People appeared to be good to work with, at least initially
• Most people are respectful, grateful and helpful. Generally a positive environment and culture.
• Better than other engineering consultancies, particulary during downturn in work.

Cons• Docklands, Docklands, Docklands! Did I mention Docklands?
• New Melbourne office location in Docklands is awful. Difficult for commuting, cold and windy in winter, hot and windy in summer. Nothing to see or do at lunchtime other than get windblasted while looking at moored boats, lots of concrete paving and shiny glass facades. Really boring.
• New office building has dark, depressing interior. Change room and showers are very poorly designed and freezing cold. Guess that's how they achieve the energy rating. Management made such a big deal about this building but nearly everyone’s commuting time has significantly increased and very few like the layout. Should have stayed in South Melbourne or moved to the city, not some wasteland near Geelong.
• Desks are tiny and too close. No room for any personal books or reference documents. Noisy open plan environment with constant interruptions.
• Trying to cut costs by laying off drafters and sending drafting work to “low cost centre” in Thailand. Drawings come back inaccurate, unprofessional and full of spelling errors. Total disaster, especially for the drafters. Clients are complaining too.
• Name is too similar to a certain other competing consulting company and this causes a lot of confusion to clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove out of Docklands

Great experience on very interesting projects

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Pretoria, Gauteng (South Africa)

I worked at Aurecon full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat experience on very interesting projects, especially if you are an engineer or similar built environment professional
Opportunity to work on cross-functional teams
Opportunity for global exposure and movement between multiple offices
Significant presence in emerging markets

ConsThere's a good chance you'll need to take responsibility for your own career development and progression. Be proactive!

Great company, great support network, exciting projects & global opportunities

Business Support Services (Current Employee)
Brisbane (Australia)

I have been working at Aurecon full-time for more than a year

ProsI've been with Aurecon for almost two years, and have loved every minute of it. Aurecon has a fantastic emerging professionals program, and the company puts a lot of effort into supporting and encouraging its staff, particularly through the education assistance program and a great social calendar. The managers are supportive and generally have an open door policy, with a strong focus on safety and a commitment to their employees. The global reach of the company gives my colleagues and I the opportunity to work in one (or more) of our other offices overseas, and there is a great communication network between the staff in Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific. I'm very happy here as I feel that my contribution to the company is appreciated - and I'm rewarded for my efforts with a great salary package and yearly performance review.

ConsUnfortunately our company name and reputation is not as well-known in the industry as some of our competitor companies, due to the rebrand and merger a few years ago, but it continues to improve each year.

Loving it so far

Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Aurecon full-time for more than a year

ProsI've had a really positive experience at Aurecon so far. I think it's somewhere that you get out what you put in. The work is challenging, but I have felt supported, recognised and rewarded. I've got a great manager who has been really supportive and allows flexibility around my private life. I also feel like the wider team is fantastic and produce work of a really high standard.

ConsI wasn't too sure about the nonCBD location (Sydney) at first, but am getting used ot it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the open communmication happening. We like to know about the challenges and opportunities ahead for teh business.

Minimum Wage and No Future

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)
Brisbane (Australia)

I have been working at Aurecon full-time for more than 5 years

Prossometime a nice working environment ,also social club has several good benefits

ConsUnless you are a major stakeholder you have no future in this company, minimum wage no rewards.
HR is a pathetic joke, job place bulling occurs on daily basis and complains to the HR or the director will get you dismissed.
Company concerned more with how much profit they make rather than the quality of the outgoing work.

Advice to Senior Managementpull your finger out and start looking after your workers.

Quality Design and management consultancy services.

Technical Director (Current Employee)
Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at Aurecon full-time for more than 8 years

ProsPeople company, growth orientated, diverse

ConsPC over the top in cases

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the workers more.

could be better

I have been working at Aurecon

Pros- Good office space
- Office location

Cons- salary
- hiring and incentive system

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your staff before a third party consultant when investigating your staff "empowerment"

Worked for Aurecon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Aurecon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Aurecon CEO Paul Hardy . All 15 reviews posted anonymously by Aurecon employees.