Aureus Medical

2.8

Scot Thompson

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Aureus Medical full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Higher management is always available and accessible. The compensation is truly generous especially when you consider all it takes to get fired. As long as your efforts are there it takes significant lack of improvement and attitude to lose your job. This is great in a sales role where you consistently feel the pressure of hitting numbers or losing your job.

Cons

Hiring right now seems to be less selective in order to get enough warm bodies. These new hire classes recruit heavily in the beginning and most don't make it very long. Would be nice to not waste those recruiting calls (which could be called by people who have shown they love the job) on new hires that won't make it.

Hire less people, with less turnover.

Account Manager

I have been working at Aureus Medical full-time

Pros

Great pay, hours and leave your job at the elevator

Cons

PTO could be a lot better.

Possible if you are interested. They encourage it

Quality placement but............

Former Employee - Healthcare Traveler
    Former Employee - Healthcare Traveler

I worked at Aureus Medical as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Good system of communication from both recruiters and marketing agents. Recruiter tries to stick up for you.

Cons

Cut the housing allowance in half one week into continued assignment 1000miles from home. When asked for proof of IRS requirements, was sent last years IRS tax info which was irrelevant, and told that their owner decided what would be paid. Healthcare travelers work for peanuts an hour but are normally given decent housing allowance - as they are also paying housing at home.(Fed employees allowed $129 daily allowance.) My recruiter did increase my hourly rate but this led to increased tax consequences. Company promised to pay for state license but then argued about having to have receipts for the online requests from other states that are mandated by the licensing body.

If you are making good money from experienced healthcare workers completing travelling assignments, share the wealth. Loyalty to a company comes from being treated like a valuable employee, not from being short changed.

Starts out good... It is a trick

Former Employee - Night Nursing Recruiter in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Night Nursing Recruiter in Omaha, NE

I worked at Aureus Medical full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Better than average pay, decent benefits, fun employees (not including any management)

Cons

Super micromanaged. They record phone calls and then judge you based on what you said.

Trust your employees more. Quit looking to make yourselves richer and leaving your employees to fight each other for nickels.

Company will throw you to the dogs at the first available moment.

Former Employee - Lab Technician
    Former Employee - Lab Technician

I worked at Aureus Medical as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some of their employees have developed a moral conscious and have looked for work elsewhere. The pay is average depending on your experience and ability to negotiate. They pay on a weekly basis.

Cons

Until recently, I worked for Aureus medical for about four years. During my employment with them, I've had to fight for my travel pay and there were several times when they forgot to pay me. They attributed their failure to pay me my salary to their computer system, and then had me wait an additional week to get paid. This company is all about the revenue they can generate from you labor and will not back you up should you run into any problems with the hospital you are working with. They continually call your hospital to see how you are doing, but rarely check on you to see how you are being treated. In the event you have a problem with the hospital, they will replace you without any due process and deny you your travel pay. On the matter of travel pay, they limit it to a maximum of 350.00 dollars regardless of how far you have to travel and you will not be compensated for your hotel stays during your travel to your new employment.

What goes around comes around. Your lack of placing value on your contract workers is being reflected in your reputation.

Account Manager

I worked at Aureus Medical full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with, opportunity to make great money. That is truly it. I have nothing else to say.

Cons

Politics, ethics, corporate. Too stiff. Everything was very sketchy about how you made money and candidates were taken from under you.

Management needs to get the high ups to get a clue.

Never again!

Former Employee - Traveling Nurse
    Former Employee - Traveling Nurse

I worked at Aureus Medical full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I had an amzaing recruiter

Cons

management, benefits, reimbursement, compensation, not trustworthy

I had an amazing account manager whom was easy to work with, checked in with me frequently, would listen to my concerns, etc. whom has since quit. I had 2 very bad experiences with the company at which they sided with the hospital and not the nurse. This company does not care about their nurses, they will do anything to keep business relationships good. They will stick you with any cost they can find to charge you with. Had to contact management for 2 solid weeks trying to get reimbursed for expense's they promised they would pay. DONT RETURN PHONE CALLS, DONT STICK UP FOR THEIR EMPLOYEE'S. I will never refer another nurse here. Housing is less than expected. Assignments are not at large hospitals. They threatened past employers with lawsuits.

Best advise.... just don't!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Aureus Medical full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pros- they do offer average benefits and you have a job, so that is good. They say no weekends, but it is suggested in one on one meetings if you need to "build your book of business"

Cons

200 plus calls (voicemails per day)
    Shady management that does whatever they can to save a penny if that means not paying travelers referrals, not paying travel reimbursement, not willing to get travelers out of really, really bad housing. I have had managers refuse to get new housing for nurses who were living in mold infested apartments because they wanted to play semantics and say that mildew is different than mold!! Almost all issues with travelers arose when my management would not approve expenses that were rightfully owed or should have been paid to my nurses.
    Bonuses are a joke - I had periods where I made the company an extra 15k from the last and I only got about 300 dollars more. Extreme micromanagement, managers sending you snarky emails if you haven't been on the phone in 8 minutes, even if it was to go to the bathroom.
    The management (branch managers) are mediocre employees who were lucky enough to get promoted out of necessity rather than skill and are so thankful to have the position that they will do anything to put their heads down and try not to be noticed - no backbones to stick up for nurses in bad situations or recruiters who are trying to fix said situations!
    I have since left the company, and my nurses, to this day, call me because they have not seen referral bonuses and other money and no one will call them back or return emails regarding the situation! Disgusting. I would never work for this company as a nurse or a recruiter.

Past employee

I have been working at Aureus Medical full-time

Pros

great opportunities to make buccu bucks

Cons

bonuses are not guaranteed - you have to make 200+ calls a day sometimes to make it look like you're trying.

be more open with how cut throat it is

Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Seattle, WA

I worked at Aureus Medical as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

It is a job; it is money.

Cons

Unethical, dishonest, and try to intimidate contractors. Terrible housing and pressure to accept assignment without even being screened. I worked for them once and the housing was disgusting, so I found my own. This last time, I was verbally assaulted at 8 am by the account manager who said that I had to take a position out of state because I verbally agreed. I hadn't signed a thing nor had I done the drug test, etcetera. All that happened was that I interviewed by phone and expressed an interest. It was absurd.

Ethics training. Sensitivity training. Training on how to treat providers who are making you money. You should also check into an economics course --you know, supply and demand. Like, providers are in demand and there are other companies who can supply the jobs without all this bs. Rudeness and threats do not win hearts. Are you stupid or just fresh from your prison guard job?

Aureus Medical Photos