Aureus Medical

Scot Thompson

Quality placement but............

Former Employee - Healthcare Traveler
    Former Employee - Healthcare Traveler

I worked at Aureus Medical as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Good system of communication from both recruiters and marketing agents. Recruiter tries to stick up for you.

Cons

Cut the housing allowance in half one week into continued assignment 1000miles from home. When asked for proof of IRS requirements, was sent last years IRS tax info which was irrelevant, and told that their owner decided what would be paid. Healthcare travelers work for peanuts an hour but are normally given decent housing allowance - as they are also paying housing at home.(Fed employees allowed $129 daily allowance.) My recruiter did increase my hourly rate but this led to increased tax consequences. Company promised to pay for state license but then argued about having to have receipts for the online requests from other states that are mandated by the licensing body.

If you are making good money from experienced healthcare workers completing travelling assignments, share the wealth. Loyalty to a company comes from being treated like a valuable employee, not from being short changed.

Account Manager

I worked at Aureus Medical full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great people to work with, opportunity to make great money. That is truly it. I have nothing else to say.

Cons

Politics, ethics, corporate. Too stiff. Everything was very sketchy about how you made money and candidates were taken from under you.

Management needs to get the high ups to get a clue.

Best advise.... just don't!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Aureus Medical full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pros- they do offer average benefits and you have a job, so that is good. They say no weekends, but it is suggested in one on one meetings if you need to "build your book of business"

Cons

200 plus calls (voicemails per day)
    Shady management that does whatever they can to save a penny if that means not paying travelers referrals, not paying travel reimbursement, not willing to get travelers out of really, really bad housing. I have had managers refuse to get new housing for nurses who were living in mold infested apartments because they wanted to play semantics and say that mildew is different than mold!! Almost all issues with travelers arose when my management would not approve expenses that were rightfully owed or should have been paid to my nurses.
    Bonuses are a joke - I had periods where I made the company an extra 15k from the last and I only got about 300 dollars more. Extreme micromanagement, managers sending you snarky emails if you haven't been on the phone in 8 minutes, even if it was to go to the bathroom.
    The management (branch managers) are mediocre employees who were lucky enough to get promoted out of necessity rather than skill and are so thankful to have the position that they will do anything to put their heads down and try not to be noticed - no backbones to stick up for nurses in bad situations or recruiters who are trying to fix said situations!
    I have since left the company, and my nurses, to this day, call me because they have not seen referral bonuses and other money and no one will call them back or return emails regarding the situation! Disgusting. I would never work for this company as a nurse or a recruiter.

Never again!

Former Employee - Traveling Nurse
    Former Employee - Traveling Nurse

I worked at Aureus Medical full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I had an amzaing recruiter

Cons

management, benefits, reimbursement, compensation, not trustworthy

I had an amazing account manager whom was easy to work with, checked in with me frequently, would listen to my concerns, etc. whom has since quit. I had 2 very bad experiences with the company at which they sided with the hospital and not the nurse. This company does not care about their nurses, they will do anything to keep business relationships good. They will stick you with any cost they can find to charge you with. Had to contact management for 2 solid weeks trying to get reimbursed for expense's they promised they would pay. DONT RETURN PHONE CALLS, DONT STICK UP FOR THEIR EMPLOYEE'S. I will never refer another nurse here. Housing is less than expected. Assignments are not at large hospitals. They threatened past employers with lawsuits.

Past employee

I have been working at Aureus Medical full-time

Pros

great opportunities to make buccu bucks

Cons

bonuses are not guaranteed - you have to make 200+ calls a day sometimes to make it look like you're trying.

be more open with how cut throat it is

Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Seattle, WA

I worked at Aureus Medical as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

It is a job; it is money.

Cons

Unethical, dishonest, and try to intimidate contractors. Terrible housing and pressure to accept assignment without even being screened. I worked for them once and the housing was disgusting, so I found my own. This last time, I was verbally assaulted at 8 am by the account manager who said that I had to take a position out of state because I verbally agreed. I hadn't signed a thing nor had I done the drug test, etcetera. All that happened was that I interviewed by phone and expressed an interest. It was absurd.

Ethics training. Sensitivity training. Training on how to treat providers who are making you money. You should also check into an economics course --you know, supply and demand. Like, providers are in demand and there are other companies who can supply the jobs without all this bs. Rudeness and threats do not win hearts. Are you stupid or just fresh from your prison guard job?

Joyful travel

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Aureus Medical as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Both of my reps were there with me always available to chat and help me figure out my next move.

Cons

Wish there was more assistance in obtaining state licenses. Higher per diem.

Providing the assistance for licensure would be an amazing addition to your many service. As well as online CEU courses to help maintain licenses.

Traveling Surgical Tech

Current Employee - Surgical Tech
    Current Employee - Surgical Tech

I have been working at Aureus Medical as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

getting contracts fast and living arrangements are nice

Cons

a lot of the contracts pay the same in different states

RUN AWAY. DO NOT work for this company

Current Employee - Allied Health
    Current Employee - Allied Health

I have been working at Aureus Medical full-time (less than an year)

Pros

NONE this company is dishonest to the core

Cons

REALLY low pay, terrible benefits, substandard housing, nothing but lies about assignments, multiple payroll errors that they refuse to fix

Stop lying to potential employees to get them to sign. Dishonesty doesn't attract quality health care workers.

Stressful environment

Current Employee - Account Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Aureus Medical full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is OK but it could be better

Cons

-Micromanaging
    -Strict dress code
    -We fire way too many of our contractors for very dumb reasons
    -Pressured to stay after hours or come in on the weekends

Let your Account managers do their job, stop breathing down their necks and watching everything they do. Allow for flexible scheduling or to work from home. Doing both of these things would increase employee morale a TON!

Aureus Medical Photos