Ausenco

Add Photos

Zimi Meka

I enjoyed working here.

Administrative (Former Employee) Concord, CA

ProsThe people were very nice. I enjoyed working there until they laid about 5 of us off at the same time right before the holidays. They said they could no longer afford to pay for us, but they (management) could still keep there very high salaries. Not very cool!!

ConsI enjoyed working there until they laid about 5 of us off at the same time right before the holidays. They said they could no longer afford to pay for us, but they (management) could still keep there very high salaries. Not very cool!!

Advice to Senior ManagementStart keeping your good employees, they don't come around too often.

Was told I didn't have a career with this company... it was just a job

ProsThe pay is pretty good.

ConsThere is a big disconnect between the different locations, especially when you work in the field. High turnover in employees is incredible, gone through more than five managers in less than a year. Field personnel are not included in the company atmosphere, no induction to Ausenco or kept up on the 'goings on' with the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people out doing the work in the field

Lost in the sauce

Civil Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsLarge corp. Potential for huge growth. Worldwide travel. All jobs are mining or corporate related. You learn to speak Australian. Employee share matching program was free money!

ConsActual growth was minimal during my stay with Ausenco. Corporate structure was vague and confusing, inefficient. Walked away feeling exploited. Employee share program had great matching but the stock price remained about flat for many years and so the only money made on that deal was due to matching. Glad I got out when I did.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for talent already within your ranks.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company, but needs more diversity to compete in today's economic climate.

(Former Employee) Concord, CA

ProsI had the pleasure of working with intelligent, committed, and personable colleagues. This office offers perks such as free weekly lunches when business is strong, and is conveniently located near several restaurants. Company often hires direct, and management seems reasonably dedicated in preserving the existing work force during industry downturns. Management overall treats employees respectfully and encourages open communication. Company additionally offers a flexible 9/80 option.

ConsThe salaries and benefits are relatively average. Management may hire quickly during strong but usually brief economic periods, resulting in a surplus of employees to compete for work in the coming months. Overall lack of project diversity and structure can leave employees vulnerable to layoffs during extended slow periods, and the perks tend to vanish. Technical assistance tends to be significantly limited from lack of experienced personnel. No clear path up the corporate ladder is defined.

Advice to Senior ManagementIdentify an appropriate range of relevant projects for a given department and ensure a capable sales staff is in place to find worthy clients and land sizable jobs. Hire more senior-level people to assist with technical projects. Establish better structure within departmental groups to improve project delegation and assignment.

Structural ENgineer

Engineer (Current Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Prospeople - great technical skills. people here are a pleasure to work with and are trying hard to improve the project outlook

Conslack of projects, company were swept up in the mining boom and lost many of their local clients

Potential unrealized

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBright people who are good to work with and have passion for their work. Interesting projects. Mid level leaders who have good technical understanding but are not as effective in leadership. Working conditions and employee development during working hours were good until times got tough and then those espoused values disappeared.

ConsImpulsive senior leadership who set plan after business plan and don't follow through. Too much interference from Head Office on local decisions who may know better about local needs. Senior mgt let their personal biases affect decisions on people - if they decide they don't like someone there is no recovery possible and that can be just because they had a different opinion or did things differently. Continuing cuts of significant numbers of talented staff will hurt their recovery, if they recover.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet a strategy and stick to it. Select good leaders and trust them to do their jobs.

Overall Great Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople and management are all very passionate and hard working individuals for the most part. Work is challenging with freedom to be entrepreneurial. Can be potentially a great global company if the markets were better.

ConsAusenco needs a break and some good fortune. If they can hang on until a mining market recovery, they will be well positioned to take advantage.

Advice to Senior ManagementHang in there!

Very bad experience, top and middle management is unbelievably bad

Commercial Manager (Former Employee) Brisbane (Australia)

ProsIncompetent managers, CEO has no people skills, treats his staff especially those well down the ladder with what appears to be contemp.

ConsTrying to communicate with management, some meetings being held were just get togethers to discuss the meeting managers what anyone else would call non-achievements

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn about people management, make sure you have trained and professional HR people who were in my time appallingly incompetent

Great Place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsA really wonderful group of people to work with, everyone was passionate and enthusiastic about their projects. A supportive environment with kind and supportive colleagues, very much about teamwork rather than competitiveness. Encouraged a healthy work and life balance as well.

ConsBecause of the down turn in the industry, project work was not as steady as it could be. The only real drawback was that the position was not a permanent one.

Get out quick!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsUsed to be a good place to work .
    Wages are (were) good.

ConsStaff are currently expected to use up their holiday leave, take unpaid time off now that work has dropped off ... too mean to lay off and pay severance - when people are let go, they just vanish, the first you know about it is an empty desk beside you.
    The staff are the ones who have to suffer for mismanagement and a wholesale inability to win work.
    They keep talking about "worksharing" with other offices, but it ain't happening.
    Management treat staff like idiots, communication with staff is virtually non-existent.
    Morale is at rock bottom.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a grip ... you will have no staff before too long.

Worked for Ausenco? Contribute to the Community!