Aussie Pet Mobile

Be The First To
Add Photos

Groomer

Groomer (Current Employee) Naperville, IL

ProsGreat to drive around and work by yourself. Pay is great except for a few slow times of the year. Tips are awesome if you work at the Naperville location. Must love dogs and cats and you will love this job.

ConsReally hard on your body. I wouldn't recommend this job with any kind of pre-existing back, arm or wrist injuries. You won't make it. You have to be in shape. You don't really get breaks, lucky if you get to stop to go to the bathroom. Your day is from 8-5 and that doesn't include cleaning the van and doing paperwork in the morning. You have to have a lot of patience with the animals because they can sense when your in a bad mood and they will act worse.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your good employees or they will get burnt out.

Awesome Ownership/Management/Benefits

Pet Stylist (Current Employee) Clermont, FL

ProsCompensation, Flexibility, Variety, Atmosphere, Comraderey, Clientele, Schedule, Company Vehicle

ConsTransient nature of the "workplace", manual labor, navigation, Communication, 10 hour days, not many 'cons'

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Takes Advantage of Beginning Groomers

Groomer (Former Employee)

ProsProvides all needed equipment
    Uses Clippervac
    No experience needed to start

ConsCommissions are incredibly unrealistic and unfair, owners take 75%!!!
    No benefits, you are a contractor
    No health insurance
    Vans are not ergonomic, tubs are situated way too low
    Franchised, so it depends on the owner and if they are not groomers they just can't understand the plight of a groomer
    Very little understanding of how to groom cats without taking precautions, cat bites can kill

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more to experienced groomers
    Raise the tub
    Provide more protection for cat groomers

Worked for Aussie Pet Mobile? Contribute to the Community!